Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 9:15:48 PM EST
Hello, I am selling a mil-spec operator, and the gentlemen who wants to purchase it lives in CA. I was wondering if this gun is on your state's approved list?

Not sure how I would find out, so I figured I would ask you. Obviously, its going to an FFL, so they will either transfer it or not, but I would like to avoid any and all confusion and clear it up before hand.

Thanks for your help guys,
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:16:35 PM EST
ALSO, the mil-spec does NOT have the ILS components in it either, if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:03:43 AM EST
You can search handguns that are certified as well as un-certified at the DOJ website here;


With just a quick glance at the springfield section, I think you will need the model number to help decipher their list. hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:54:56 AM EST
I brought my mil-spec Springfield into the state and registered it as required without issue.

Check the list just to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:10:25 AM EST
Did you ask the buyer to check? Since it will have to be sent to a CA FFL they will know.

Worst case? It's not on the list, the transfer however will go through and the buyer will be left owning a handgun he cannot take possession of. So the worst case won't affect you at all. If you want to help the guy out just contact his FFL before shipping the handgun and ask him. He has the list.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:32:01 AM EST
IF the gun isnt on the CA DOJ list... the only way you can bring it into teh state is if you are Moving here as a permenant resident.

we've had many "retiree's" coming to the sunshine state with a boat load of guns.

one time registration for all your weapons.. assault rifles not included.

Top Top