Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 5:32:28 PM EDT
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/Billlllltj/guns/loaded10.jpg

Springfield Armory 1911 A1 9mm SS

I`m thinking about getting one of these but Ive never shot one.

Just wondering what others think about this pistol. The main use would be target shooting and IDPA.

Been looking for a NEW one for about a month so if anyone knows where I could get one please let me know. Adjustable sights would be ok but I prefer fixed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck! (and IMHO good taste)

I've been looking for the same model, through my local shop for a while now (like 3 years). Nobodies had them.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm 1911's are fun blasters, easy to shoot fast and accurate as all get out. cant really go wrong. as mentioned if you can find one snatch it up they are pretty scarace.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I was super proud to finally get mine 6 years ago!

Ran like a broken cotton gin. 2X returned to SA (quick turn around) but with no avail.

Also bought the SA and metalform OEM mags = no worky.

Shitcanned the 9mm and went back to .45 ACP...

Sad but true story. I hope your's works out to be a fairy tale come true, but I think that is exactly what it will be if yours runs...

V
OUT
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I had an older model Springfield (GI type) in 9mm and it worked great, but sold it to get a Glock 34.

I've looked for one since and like everyone else they're hard to find.  

Kimber makes a 1911 9mm much like the one your looking at, a bit more in price but still a nice set up.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=131640767

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Talked to my distributor just now. He says I'm chasing a ghost. He has the target and the loaded model on order. 47 of each. He has been ther for 2 years and has never seen one come in.

So I say good luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies.

I emailed springfield a few weeks ago just to see if there still being made and the sales person said they are sent to distribitors every other month for the first 6 months of the year(or something very close to this). I also asked how many and where they go but she didn`t know.

I was thinking about the glock 34 or an m&p but the 1911 just feels so right in my hands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top