Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:20:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
March! We shooting in the snow?

Did you guys get the burms up yet???
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Before we can do any berm work we need to have an environmental impact study of our whole property done (around 85 acres) which is going to cost us a pile of money, which we are working on.  As soon as we get the study then the DNR will tell us what we can and can not do as far as earthmoving.  You see, unfortunately that ditch that you cross just in front of our 25 yard line is defined as a "navigable waterway" by the DNR, and we also have several other "wetlands" on the property.  Hopefully the presence of our wetlands and waterways on our property will still allow us to improve our shooting facilities.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It says trophies awarded to divisional winners.

Where is my throphy? I am sure I won the  "movie star pretty" division.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It says trophies awarded to divisional winners.

Where is my throphy? I am sure I won the  "movie star pretty" division.

I got your trophy, right here!

Seriously, this year we are going to give trophies again, and we are looking into dog tags that you can put on your shooting bag as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there as much as I can this year. Thanks for posting the schedule. got all the dates on my calender. Now if Ripon would only update their schedule....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I got your trophy, right here!

Seriously, this year we are going to give trophies again, and we are looking into dog tags that you can put on your shooting bag as well.

Dale, If your looking to do dog tags, DavidK can make them.  The only catch is the company selling the blank tags is (was) in New Orleans.  They are hard to come by.

Looking forward to this next season!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope by then I'll have a pistol to shoot with at least, maybe my dad should hook me up with one
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Before we can do any berm work we need to have an environmental impact study of our whole property done (around 85 acres) which is going to cost us a pile of money, which we are working on.  As soon as we get the study then the DNR will tell us what we can and can not do as far as earthmoving.  You see, unfortunately that ditch that you cross just in front of our 25 yard line is defined as a "navigable waterway" by the DNR, and we also have several other "wetlands" on the property.  Hopefully the presence of our wetlands and waterways on our property will still allow us to improve our shooting facilities.[/quote

DNR is worse then the Nazis
Are you a NRA club you may be able to get some cash from them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be in for the rifle matches afterwards, since you have to be 21 to shoot in pistol matches :(
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll be in for the rifle matches afterwards, since you have to be 21 to shoot in pistol matches :(

You do NOT have to be 21 to shoot pistol matches. Where did you hear such nonsense?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do NOT have to be 21 to shoot pistol matches. Where did you hear such nonsense?

I hope that Jay didn't tell you that.  We have had young men as young as 12 (I think) shoot in our matches.  Hopefully I will be seeing Jay next Tuesday and I will get to the bottom of what is required to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that Jay didn't tell you that.  We have had young men as young as 12 (I think) shoot in our matches.  Hopefully I will be seeing Jay next Tuesday and I will get to the bottom of what is required to shoot.

]

Just filling in for David here.  Yeah it was Jay.  Jay said a parent must be present if you are under 21.  I know that applys to those under 18, but over 18 you are free to posses and hunt with a pistol.  Both David and I knew that, but David didn't want to press the issue and cause a big disturbance.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

]

Just filling in for David here.  Yeah it was Jay.  Jay said a parent must be present if you are under 21.  I know that applys to those under 18, but over 18 you are free to posses and hunt with a pistol.  Both David and I knew that, but David didn't want to press the issue and cause a big disturbance.

I will talk to Jay.  Maybe it is his rule, or maybe it is a USPSA rule, I don't know.  But I do know that it is against our general club policy of encouragine everybody to become involved in shooting and shooting sports.  I will see what I can do.  I want for DavidK to be able to come down and shoot with us at Springbrook, and I want him to bring a few friends with him!  We have a pretty damn good group of people that shoot with us.  Yes even Flamethrower is a good guy, (once you get to know him).
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

]

I will talk to Jay.  Maybe it is his rule, or maybe it is a USPSA rule, I don't know.  But I do know that it is against our general club policy of encouragine everybody to become involved in shooting and shooting sports.  I will see what I can do.  I want for DavidK to be able to come down and shoot with us at Springbrook, and I want him to bring a few friends with him!  We have a pretty damn good group of people that shoot with us.  Yes even Flamethrower is a good guy, (once you get to know him).  

Awwwe Shucks...
(Inner monlogue) I have them all fooled now. Even Dale has fallen into my trap....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to shoot in pistol but I don't like being a nuisance either, last thing I needed was to make a stink about it, then get kicked out and brandished forever.

:)

Thanks though, I hope I can shoot in the pistol matches, seeing as I can hunt with one... :)

I'll be coming with yfs200 I think, if he'll let me ;) I have a friend that lives in omro that wants to come check it out, hes only 16, but at least it'll give him an idea!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'd love to shoot in pistol but I don't like being a nuisance either, last thing I needed was to make a stink about it, then get kicked out and brandished forever.

:)

Thanks though, I hope I can shoot in the pistol matches, seeing as I can hunt with one... :)

I'll be coming with yfs200 I think, if he'll let me ;) I have a friend that lives in omro that wants to come check it out, hes only 16, but at least it'll give him an idea!

If they see young shooters as a nuisance, then the should be ashamed of themselves and close the club all together.

Come on out on the march match and shoot it. If Jay or Dale give you any problems they can answer to me.

Edit:
How old are you anyway?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell, I want him to come out and shoot, and while he is at it I want him to bring a whole bus load of his friends to participate and possibly join Springbrook!  One thing I will never do is discourage a decent person from becoming involved in shooting.  Guys like David are our future.

Flamer, you are a funny guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Flamer, you are a funny guy.

Grrrrrrrrr...................
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm 18 :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top