Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 3:31:23 PM EDT
I went up to my dealer's place in Spring today to pick up my new HK94 (new to me). The plan was to pick it up and then go shoot it at the new range by his place. I took my mp5 along and was going to use the sear in the 94. My dealer took his MP5 along as well. Just as I'm reading and signing the release forms and rule policy forms, the guy tells us, "No rapid fire."

WTF???

My dealer was there just a month ago and half the staff shot his MP5. They even asked him a lot of questions about getting autos to rent out at the range. And now they won't even let a guy shoot rapid fire, much less full auto. I told my dealer that I couldn't figure out whether they were a bunch of assholes or pussies... or maybe both
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Its probably nothing against you or people that know what they're doing, but I'm guessing it doesn't take very many idiots spraying like crazy and sending flyers over the back stop before they enact such lame-o policies. This is why I make friends with people that live out in the sticks and have decent places to shoot.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Retrodog, I'm pretty sure I was there with "your dealer" shooting the MP5's (he's a coworker).  Was the owner of the store there?  He seemed pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Retrodog, I'm pretty sure I was there with "your dealer" shooting the MP5's (he's a coworker).  Was the owner of the store there?  He seemed pretty cool.

It was my first visit and I didn't even get a chance to really meet anybody. After they told us the new rule, there wasn't much reason to stick around. The owner had told my dealer at they would allow .308 shooting, but they wouldn't allow that today either.

I guess I'll be staying on the south side from now on with Marksman and League City Gun Room.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they make exceptions to folks they know?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Problem is a large precentage of range patrons only shoot every great once in while and are not proficent enough to control their muzzles in rapid strings of shots. Resulting in and unsafe environment and damage to range equipment. This is especially so in an indoor range.

This about pussies, dicks and assholes.

'Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit"!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump for effect.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

...This about pussies, dicks and assholes.

'Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit"!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top