Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 9:06:31 AM EDT
Is this legal in CT?  I will have to check with Spike's on the weight. I guess the only thing that would stop it if it over 50 ozs.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_42&products_id=72&zenid=3u1k4a9qva4hv3opjp8h6v6om1
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Weight most likely makes it a no go. I dont think you can have the magazine in front of the pistol grip either on a "pistol" in CT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
hoffmans has the charger looking pistol from magnum research. it has the mag not on the grip. takes a 10/22 mags. I think it may come down to weight. maybe ct builder will chime in. I am getting a spkies upper for my ar but the pistol looks real nice.
I PMed spikes to see what whe weight is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the 50 oz weight AND the mag in front of the pistol grip that bans it.

You CAN have pistols over 50 oz weight - Desert Eagle is the best example I can think of - magazine is within the pistol grip

You CAN have pistols with a magazine in front of the trigger guard (Walther OSP series Olympic grade match pistols as an example) - these are under 50 oz

You CANNOT have a pistol that is both 50 oz in weight or or over AND has the magazine in front of the pistol grip - hence the Ruger "Charger" pistolized version of the 10/22 rifle is BANNED in CT (at least in its factory configuration)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
So if the pistol is under 50 ozs it would be CT legal?
I will check with them tomorrow on the weight.  I dought it is under 50ozs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It also has a barrel shroud, one more item making it illegal iirc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]
A fake CAN is considered a barrel shroud?  Is it ok on a rifle upper?
Will be getting a rifle upper also
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

A fake CAN is considered a barrel shroud?

No, I don't think so. A barrel shroud is just that, a shroud that covers the barrel. A fake can would be an extension. By the way, that is written like a statement, but you put a question mark at the end.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#8]
(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; HAs this

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; I guess it has this due to the rails?

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and  Not sure but checking
(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top