Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 9:06:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 9:06:44 AM EDT by sikocycles]
Is this legal in CT? I will have to check with Spike's on the weight. I guess the only thing that would stop it if it over 50 ozs.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_42&products_id=72&zenid=3u1k4a9qva4hv3opjp8h6v6om1
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 9:47:49 AM EDT by PGAEMU]
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Weight most likely makes it a no go. I dont think you can have the magazine in front of the pistol grip either on a "pistol" in CT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:03:50 PM EDT
hoffmans has the charger looking pistol from magnum research. it has the mag not on the grip. takes a 10/22 mags. I think it may come down to weight. maybe ct builder will chime in. I am getting a spkies upper for my ar but the pistol looks real nice.
I PMed spikes to see what whe weight is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:40:59 PM EDT
It's the 50 oz weight AND the mag in front of the pistol grip that bans it.

You CAN have pistols over 50 oz weight - Desert Eagle is the best example I can think of - magazine is within the pistol grip

You CAN have pistols with a magazine in front of the trigger guard (Walther OSP series Olympic grade match pistols as an example) - these are under 50 oz

You CANNOT have a pistol that is both 50 oz in weight or or over AND has the magazine in front of the pistol grip - hence the Ruger "Charger" pistolized version of the 10/22 rifle is BANNED in CT (at least in its factory configuration)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:50:48 PM EDT
So if the pistol is under 50 ozs it would be CT legal?
I will check with them tomorrow on the weight. I dought it is under 50ozs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:50:03 PM EDT
It also has a barrel shroud, one more item making it illegal iirc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:09:16 AM EDT
A fake CAN is considered a barrel shroud? Is it ok on a rifle upper?
Will be getting a rifle upper also
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:14:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 7:15:18 AM EDT by imtheflash]

Originally Posted By sikocycles:
A fake CAN is considered a barrel shroud?

No, I don't think so. A barrel shroud is just that, a shroud that covers the barrel. A fake can would be an extension. By the way, that is written like a statement, but you put a question mark at the end.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:20:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 7:23:57 AM EDT by sikocycles]
(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; HAs this

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; I guess it has this due to the rails?

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and Not sure but checking
(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or

Top Top