Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 5:30:25 PM EDT
OH.... MY...... GOD......

Hide your checkbooks and credit cards!

First of all, I think that they're not much smaller than Bass Pro Shops by the time you take away the boats and stuff. Not by much anyway.

Where to start? Two racks of AR's, one Thompson semiauto. Price check: Bushmaster 16" carbine, bayo lug, flash suppressor (A Phantom, not birdcage!), 6 position telestock, removeable carry handle, $819. Bushy webite MSRP with birdcage FH is $1085.

A FULL RELOADING DEPARTMENT! Woohoo! Obviously Midway and other mail order places are going to be cheaper for many things, but primers, powders, "little stuff" like shellholders and the like - it's awesome to have a local store (one exit up the Interstate for me). A full line of RCBS, some Lee, and a little Hornady. THey even sell the Dillon 550B for the same price as the Dillon website. Winchester brass, Speer, Hornady and Nosler bullets. The latter was kind of a bummer. I use the Nosler 150gr BT's in 7mm, and they were like $22, which is twice as expensive as from Midway. But hey - at least they have it in a cinch. They also have cast pistol bullets and copper plated pistol bullets. Surefire flashlights, scopes, rifles, oh my. Handguns and rifles out the wazzoo.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if McBrides went belly up before to long.

They also have fishing and camping supplies, but I didn't look around. Unfortunately, they were out of CLP, but I did find some 100 round 45ACP ammo boxes. I would have bought a case media separator if they had one, but that's the one thing in the reloading department they didn't have.

Anyway. I'm pretty excited to have more competition and selection locally.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
here
I may be taking a long lunch tomorrow.....

KS

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nevermind, found it.

Don't tell anyone else where it is until Friday
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, where is it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]
God I hope they drive McBrides out of business. Bunch of cock sucking old bastards who rip people off and couldn't give a shit about you if you don't look like a 'good old boy'.

Hit us up with directions, I'm all about patronizing anyone that can take biz away from McBrides. :)

Doc
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
God I hope they drive McBrides out of business. Bunch of cock sucking old bastards who rip people off and couldn't give a shit about you if you don't look like a 'good old boy'.

Hit us up with directions, I'm all about patronizing anyone that can take biz away from McBrides. :)

Doc

Directions!  Por Favor!  Or just an address will do....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I-35 and 1325 in Round Rock. Right next to the next Best Buy that just opened up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I-35 and 1325 in Round Rock. Right next to the next Best Buy that just opened up.

Field Trip!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh my Holy Goodness that is close to my house!!  Sounds like lotsa fun.  What are their Ammo prices like?  Think I might have to head that way tomorrow.

Debo

I am with Doc in that I will be glad to take my business away from McBrides!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Just what you need, Debo - another place to spend money on ammo.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh my Holy Goodness that is close to my house!!  Sounds like lotsa fun.  What are their Ammo prices like?  

Not great. They do have American Eagle and Wolf. Wolf is running about $150/case. Sales maybe?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Dude, you're shittin me?  I drive by there EVERY FREAKIN DAY, and only noticed the Best Buy!  SCHWEET!  I'm gonna have to head over there and check it out.  

Is the Best Buy open yet?  

Did you happen to notice if SW carries powder?  Black powder?  I need a good source of the stinky stuff to get a pound or two from now and then...  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Did you happen to notice if SW carries powder?  Black powder?  I need a good source of the stinky stuff to get a pound or two from now and then...  

Yes on both. A good selection of IMR, Winchester and Hogdon powders, as well as a complete blackpowder section.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#15]
SWEEEEEEEEEET

I live 1.8 miles from it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Ammo prices pretty much stink.  I LURRRRRV the reloading section though!  Lots of Elmer Fudd stuff too.  Staff is hella nice (Like night and day compared to the Taliban at McBrides) and go out of their way to help.  Some nice cleaning stuff that you can't find at Mom and Pops'.  Couldn't really get close enough to see their gun prices (Lasix surgery next week should clear this up) and  there were about 12 AR's of different configs and lineage on the shelf.  Nice store and will keep lookout for ammo sales.  FWIW they did have some different weights of Black Hills .223 there.

Debo
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I checked 'em out after work today.  They do have a TON of stuff!   I was almost like a kid in a candy store!  

They have lots of black powder stuff... but they don't actually HAVE black powder.  :(  

I snagged a decapping die since I need one.  Now I can't find my hand press.  Damnit.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#18]
They just opened one in Albuquerque.  I am going to check it out Sat. while I am up there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I checked it out this afternoon.  The place is huge.  The gun selection is nice if you are into shotguns and bolt actions, but that is typical of hunting stores in general.  

I did manage a good look at their BAR-10 and SA M1 Garand.  

I am too young to look at the pistols, but I think Gloftoe got a good look at them.  

To me, if it weren't so far away, I'd use them for the FFL transfer fee alone as they charge a flat fee of $25.  That beats McBride's by $25 and Red's by $10.  

Needless to say...

[Arnold]I'll be back....[/Arnold]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#20]
MAN... that is my new favorite store!!  I love it!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top