Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 5:22:10 AM EDT
Is closing in July. Be on the look out for upcoming sales and liquidations. I got word through a Commercial Real Esate web site I belong to.

I live south of the store, I will swing in and check out what they have and if any sales start, I'll let ya'll know. Ammo, guns, safes, airsoft...  (kidding about the airsoft).

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez, in another year or two, Livonia is going to look like Old Redford. Wonderland is gone. Livonia Mall is about to go under. Media Play closed. And the last sign that your city is going under: Walmart wants to open a 24 hr store in your area!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is closing in July. Be on the look out for upcoming sales and liquidations. I got word through a Commercial Real Esate web site I belong to.

I live south of the store, I will swing in and check out what they have and if any sales start, I'll let ya'll know. Ammo, guns, safes, airsoft...  (kidding about the airsoft).

Please do let us know!  I work real close to there, and I'm dying for a safe to keep all my toys.  If they have sales on anything good, PM me, I'll post here if I see anything, though I don't go in there often.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
i could use a new safe myself, over crowding like Getmo
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info Ziti, I'll watch the papers.

C.M.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I stopped by there today, but didn't notice any sales yet.

Don

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Okies, everybody, I did a recon to SA today and there werent any sales. Sure, they had $90 cold weather gloves on sale for $45, but that was about it. I talked to one of the sales guys, though and asked him when the store was closing. He said it will be closing at the end of April and it will be only the Livonia store that is closing. I asked if there was going to be a huge sale and he said there might be a 25% off sale about 2 or 3 weeks before they close their doors, but there wasnt going to be anything massive. Whatever doesnt sell at that store, is going to be transferred to the other stores (he specifically mentioned Dearborn). The firearms had already been taken out of that store (there was only paintball stuff left). They might still uber discount the heavier stuff that they dont want to move, but I dont think there is going to be any 60-70% off sales.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Okies, everybody, I did a recon to SA today and there werent any sales. Sure, they had $90 cold weather gloves on sale for $45, but that was about it. I talked to one of the sales guys, though and asked him when the store was closing. He said it will be closing at the end of April and it will be only the Livonia store that is closing. I asked if there was going to be a huge sale and he said there might be a 25% off sale about 2 or 3 weeks before they close their doors, but there wasnt going to be anything massive. Whatever doesnt sell at that store, is going to be transferred to the other stores (he specifically mentioned Dearborn). The firearms had already been taken out of that store (there was only paintball stuff left). They might still uber discount the heavier stuff that they dont want to move, but I dont think there is going to be any 60-70% off sales.

Thats good intel.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...They might still uber discount the heavier stuff that they dont want to move, but I dont think there is going to be any 60-70% off sales.

It all depends on whether SA closes the store themselves or turns it over to a liquidator.  MC closed their Livonia, Flint and Birch Run stores a couple of months ago and let a liquidator handle it.  Some stuff was moved to other MC Stores (that did not close) before the liquidators came in, but once the liquidators took over, everything eventually went to 90% off or more by the last day.  There wasn't much left after it hit 50-60%, but MC didn't have much in the first place.

It also isn't uncommon to see liquidators raise the prices on everything so they can still make money selling it at up to 90% off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]

It all depends on whether SA closes the store themselves or turns it over to a liquidator.  MC closed their Livonia, Flint and Birch Run stores a couple of months ago and let a liquidator handle it.  Some stuff was moved to other MC Stores (that did not close) before the liquidators came in, but once the liquidators took over, everything eventually went to 90% off or more by the last day.  There wasn't much left after it hit 50-60%, but MC didn't have much in the first place.

It also isn't uncommon to see liquidators raise the prices on everything so they can still make money selling it at up to 90% off.

I guess we will have to see. The guy I talked to was "matter of fact" about the inventory being transferred to other stores and there wouldnt be a sale like they had at Media Play (I did ask when the big sale was). About the best we can do is keep our fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I went into SA today to see what I could jackal out of the place. They had a 10-30% off sale on specially marked sleeping bags. They are dismantaling the east wall over by where the guns used to be. All of the ammo is gone. Still no major sales....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the update.  Did they have any safes?  That seems like something they'd be too lazy to move to another store.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks for the update.  Did they have any safes?  That seems like something they'd be too lazy to move to another store.

I checked right before I posted this, thats what got me thinking about SA, then I saw that site...No.

They had a cabinet and that was it....oooh..they had large hadngun cases with the removable foam squares...

I should go back..

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I was there on Thursday. About 1/4 of the store had been cleared and parts of it were being dismantaled. The area where the gun and ammo counter was, has been removed. The only sale they have is on paintballs, right now. They had 2 gun safes on display, one had a note on it that it had been sold and paid for. sorry all, but I think this closing is going to be a bust...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top