Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:32:22 PM EDT
For the love of God, I come back from a TDY trip in KS where they are wallowing in cheap 100 round value packs of .45 ACP and after cruising Lowe's, I stop by Sports Authority in Waikele to get some of the ususal overpriced .45 for next weekend's shoot with the Combat Pistol Group.  Not surprisingly,  there is none - zip, zero, nada.  Guy behind the counter says they haven't had any for a while and doesn't know when they are getting any.  Plenty of airsoft pellets there, however... And they did have the same 42 boxes of 22-250 they have had for at least 8 months...  Do they just not like making money there?  What is the story behind why they cannot keep any of the popular ammo stocked regularly?  .45 shooters, please, where can one regularly get larger quantities of cheap plinking ammo (230 FMJ) without taking out a loan from Ditech?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats not surprising given SA's history in  Hawaii.  When they first opened I remember they sold semi auto centerfire rifles like M1As  and handguns.  Now they sell neither and only stock manually operating long arms.  They've been going downhill for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#2]
about six years back one of the TSA stores on the mainland got in trouble for allowing a straw purchase on a handgun.  i think at that time they may have pulled firearms from their inventory only to get them a back a little while later.  then it was up to store management whether or not they wanted to continue carrying handguns.  many chose not to for some reason.  from what i hear, the majority of TSA stores are going to do away with their firearm inventory and discontinue sales.  only a handful (ones that sell a good ammount of firearms) will be able to continue selling.  Hawaii will continue selling but probably still get the same junk.  the only semi auto centerfire i've seen in the last several years was the mini14.  

as for the ammo, i don't know what's up with it.  it seems they only get a shipment in once (maybe if lucky twice) a month.  and these shipments don't necessarily include the stuff that is needed (ie. 44mag/45acp/40s&w/etc).  i gotta say though, when they have ammo sales, or the "super crazy" clearance sales, it's definately worth looking in.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I am considering getting a .22-250 because of the TONS of it that the Anchorage Sports Authority has for cheap.  They also had win 9mm Silvertips for like $15 a box so I got a bunch of those.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a reloading press and be done with it

I can reload 45 for less than $5 a box

Chris
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am considering getting a .22-250 because of the TONS of it that the Anchorage Sports Authority has for cheap.  They also had win 9mm Silvertips for like $15 a box so I got a bunch of those.

Unless it was boxes of 50 that is not that great a deal .
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

50 rd boxes.  Paid $32 for a box of them at @#^%@#^ Ak Shooter Supply last spring.  Northern Security has the best prices on premium ammo I have seen so far and I will most likely hit them up for my carry needs, but for some reason the Silvertips run like greased goose goo through my gun and are really enjoyable to shoot.  

That and stainless guns look cool with silvertips, not that looking cool is important....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

50 rd boxes.  Paid $32 for a box of them at @#^%@#^ Ak Shooter Supply last spring.  Northern Security has the best prices on premium ammo I have seen so far and I will most likely hit them up for my carry needs, but for some reason the Silvertips run like greased goose goo through my gun and are really enjoyable to shoot.  

That and stainless guns look cool with silvertips, not that looking cool is important....

Hey man . Don't dis looking cool .

Personally I am not a big fan of silver tips anymore , but back in the day they where all I carried in my PPK/s. Probably had more to do with being the only hollow points I could get in .32ACP than anything.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I just heard that the sports authorities on ward and waikele are going to carry a few handguns again.  from what i hear they are not 100% for it but high 90s at least.  so it'll probably happen.  they'll start off with just a few (one display case worth) and then see how well they do from there.  probably will carry similar handguns as they did before, glocks, smiths, berettas, etc.  Just an fyi for you guys in hawaii.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Waikele has ammo right now, get it while its there.  Id have bought up the WWB 5.56 but Ive still got quite a bit of this federal Im shooting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
For all kine "ammo" especially .45ACP... try check with RONAK, INC. in Waipahu! They're located  in a small warehouse at 94-147 Leokane St # 6H.  Kinda hard to find... They don't occupy the place all the time, but you can call them... 678-0137.  If you've ever attended the gun shows... Their "long" tables with all sorts of ammo are ALWAYS set up in the room to the right, towards the far back wall. I've bought CHOKE ammo from them. CHEAP too!!! Hope this helps... ALOHA!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top