User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:40:30 PM EDT
Anyone know the owners name over there?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
His name is Sid.
I'm not sure of his last name.
What's up over there? Anything we should know about?
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I always like going in there, people never are too busy to answer any of my questions. That makes a huge difference to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Good folk.  I always stop by when I'm in that direction.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Where is it located in Spring?  I get through there once in a while...
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Spring Cypress south and east of 249.
i haven't been in there in a while(6 months)but i thoughrt their prices were ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i haven't been in there in a while(6 months)but i thoughrt their prices were ridiculous.

I was in a few months ago.  Very friendly, but the prices were crazy.  Not so good when you're that close to Tomball Pawn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in a few months ago.  Very friendly, but the prices were crazy.  Not so good when you're that close to Tomball Pawn.

+1

1000 for a DPMS is just nuts.  Their prices on HK pistols are full-retard also.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Their prices on HK pistols are full-retard also.

Too funny....That's exactly what I stopped in to look at....Thought I was in Collectors there for a moment.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Disclaimer: I do not work there nor do any of my personal friends.
That being said...
I've been in there several times and thought the prices were higher than most. I've not bought any firearms because of that, but I have bought some accessory stuff for my AR.
The last time I was in there, I was joking that I wished they would hurry up and sell a particular AR that they had on sale so I wouldn't be tempted. The reply I got was, "make me an offer."
Maybe their prices will come down a little. I'll be watching.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice folks inflated prices. I continue my business w/ Robert and Robbie at Tomball Pawn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#11]
$35 for a transfer no matter CHL or not.  'nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
They are nice folks.

Their prices are absolutely ridiculous.

They will deal.

Their business model SUCKS but it's not a bad place to stop at.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
So, basically, they are Collectors Firearms' cousins.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Make a deal.  I eyed something on the wall and he came off the price by a substantial amount.  I've also bought something there and at check out received a cool guy discount w/o asking.  Suckers beware and know what you're looking to buy/pay.  and if you just gotta have it, expect to pay.

(Frankly, I don't see their prices as all that bad compared to Gander, Academy, Pruett's, Collector's etc., but that might be more about what I'm looking at buying.)
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice folks inflated prices. I continue my business w/ Robert and Robbie at Tomball Pawn.

+1 for these two guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I visited this place yesterday and to tell you the truth everything there was too expensive, not as high as Pruett's or Carter's but pretty high. I have to agree with the other members, do not waste your time there just keep driving and go to Tomball Pawn
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Sid and his team are nice folks. I have bought a few items there and he will move on the price.

The transfers at Tomball Pawn are $25.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll either go to Tomball Pawn or online for a good deal.  Those guys and prices in Tomball are superb.

HH
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know about you but I only order firearms online these days and transfer them.  It is always FAR cheaper then buying at a retail store.  I've transfered to about 7 different FFL's over the years and never regretted it.  I've saved so much money doing it that way.  Places like budsgunshop.com, classicarms.us and aimsurplus.com are hands down better then buying locally.

The only other place I've been able to get halfway decent prices is at the gunshows, mostly pre-Obama.  I have had good luck with some TX vendors at gunshows like Model 1 and Texas Tactical Gear.  I've also bought stuff from Militarygunsupply for what I consider is acceptable "market price."

Of the big box stores, I think Academy is the most reasonable.  Gander, Bass Pro and so on are just outrageous these days.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree that buying firearms via the web can save you money and time searching to find what you want. I still try to purchase frequently from local shops since if we don't support them they will all disapear. I will pick up used guns, ammo and supplies locally whenever possible.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I llike sid and his store, and like to do business there.  I have bought a number of guns and paid about the same or less than the much ballyhooed Tomball Pawn. Went to buy an HK @ TP and the salesman tried to sell me a used one for more than he had the new one marked for - just got to know what you are doing where ever you go.  As the previous poster indicated, there is some value to keeping these little guys around, or is it just me that hates big box stores?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#22]
The dollar is king.  Just about all the gun stores in Houston is overpriced.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:53:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Stopped in there one day since they're about 2 miles from my campus and I was an hour early for my shift. Yup, prices in orbit, but good guys. Wonder if they do LEO discounts, though. I could use an AR.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#24]
i agree with santini, the  guys at spectre are very good guys to deal with.  i was in the market for a  glock 19 checked both places(tomball and spectre)  spectre had it cheaper at 469.00 plus a free cigar.  i also hate big box stores like gander and academy.   in fact i checked some other prices while i was in spectre and found them way cheaper than all the big box stores and nowhere near as high as collectors...........picked up an dpms AP4––carbine for 850.00.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#25]
This small shops pop out of nowhere in the Obama gun era. There is a reason why Tomball Pawn has been around fo 30 years...need to say more?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Can someone answer me this question, why is it that I live in.

1. the Great state of Texas which is pro gun

2. the 4th largest city in the country

AND I CAN GET BETTER DEALS ON GUNS FROM MY OLD GUN STORE IN BOSTON THAT SOLD IN VOLUME?????????????

Sorry about the caps since I know some of you hate it when people use all caps, but seriously folks why isnt there a volume gun dealer in Houston??

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can someone answer me this question, why is it that I live in.

1. the Great state of Texas which is pro gun

2. the 4th largest city in the country

AND I CAN GET BETTER DEALS ON GUNS FROM MY OLD GUN STORE IN BOSTON THAT SOLD IN VOLUME?????????????

Sorry about the caps since I know some of you hate it when people use all caps, but seriously folks why isnt there a volume gun dealer in Houston??

The only volume dealer in Texas I'm aware of is CDNN in Abilene.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#28]
The guys in there are nice and while the tags prices are high they will make deals.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Think I'm going to stop in there on the way home tonight. Nothing better to do for a couple of hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top