Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:24:28 PM EDT
Hello all,
This is my official "first post." Name is Chris from South Jersey. I'm just getting into this AR thing, so please excuse my ignorance. I am attempting to build my very first AR. I ordered a Bushmaster stripped lower, a parts kit and the USMC tech manual. I would like to build it in a legal configuration but am having trouble finding out exactly what that means. I was wondering if someone would please break it down for me or point me in the right direction. I just don’t want to make any illegal mistakes with this build. Thanks in advance.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Chris, welcome to the boards. On your AR build you just can't have a flashider, bayonet lug or retractable/ folding style stock. If your barrel is threaded you must weld a brake on the end. That's basically it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Lugerman! When you say "retractable/ folding style stock", does this include stocks that can be adjusted to different LOPs? Also, did I make the right choice in ordering the Bushmaster lower? Does anyone know if it is stamped "AR15"? Sorry for all the questions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Adjustable/ reteactable/ telescoping are not allowed. Must be to a fixed length only. Bushmaster receivers are marked  XM15 so your OK. They are fine choice. I also have a AR15 build video your welcome to borrow if you need it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! Thanks! Just sent you an IM
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
IM and email addy back at you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Redrider - a warm welcome to you!

In case you didn't know, one cannot stop at 1 AR build.

Let us know if you need any of the specialized tools, receiver block, etc.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you Camdeck. I really appreciate that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top