Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 10/8/2005 11:24:28 PM EDT
Hello all,
This is my official "first post." Name is Chris from South Jersey. I'm just getting into this AR thing, so please excuse my ignorance. I am attempting to build my very first AR. I ordered a Bushmaster stripped lower, a parts kit and the USMC tech manual. I would like to build it in a legal configuration but am having trouble finding out exactly what that means. I was wondering if someone would please break it down for me or point me in the right direction. I just don’t want to make any illegal mistakes with this build. Thanks in advance.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:43:25 AM EDT
Chris, welcome to the boards. On your AR build you just can't have a flashider, bayonet lug or retractable/ folding style stock. If your barrel is threaded you must weld a brake on the end. That's basically it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:31:36 AM EDT
Thanks Lugerman! When you say "retractable/ folding style stock", does this include stocks that can be adjusted to different LOPs? Also, did I make the right choice in ordering the Bushmaster lower? Does anyone know if it is stamped "AR15"? Sorry for all the questions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:53:29 AM EDT
Adjustable/ reteactable/ telescoping are not allowed. Must be to a fixed length only. Bushmaster receivers are marked  XM15 so your OK. They are fine choice. I also have a AR15 build video your welcome to borrow if you need it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:47:13 PM EDT
Wow! Thanks! Just sent you an IM
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:45:33 PM EDT
IM and email addy back at you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:28:26 PM EDT
Redrider - a warm welcome to you!

In case you didn't know, one cannot stop at 1 AR build.

Let us know if you need any of the specialized tools, receiver block, etc.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:39:05 PM EDT
Thank you Camdeck. I really appreciate that.
Top Top