Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2012 9:41:51 PM EDT
When I got my GSG-5 the first thing I did was upgrade it. I installed the delrin cocking tube buffer,  HK push pins, and replaced all the internal screws with socket head cap screws. I ordered them through work by way of McMaster-Carr. Anyway, for the price of the kits people are selling online to do the same thing, I have boxes of 100 of each screw and the nuts to go with them. If you are attending and would like a kit free of charge please post here so I know how many to put together. There are instructions in the GSG sub forum here and on Youtube. I did not get screws for the bolt as far as I know those don't seem to be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Unknown if attending but I do in fact have one and did now send it in for some fixin, of which it has come back and is sittin' in the safe.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
IM me your addy if you can't make it Hawz, I'll sent you a kit
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]

I bought a GSG5 a few years ago and haven't had any issues with it.

What is the reasoning behind replacing any springs/screws?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The internal screws are known to strip easily and the screw heads can snap off which leaves you to drill out the threads to get your gun apart.  I even had the trouble with the screwdriver shredding the shit out of them trying to get them out just to replace them, so imagine doing that a few times before you are literally "Screwed"
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
unfortunately i cant attend but i also have one is it hard to change all that?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
unfortunately i cant attend but i also have one is it hard to change all that?

Not at all, here is part one of the tear down video on youtube. There is also information here.
AR15.com GSG Mods

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody who wants one of these kits just IM me, if you want to give me anything for them just let me know, otherwise It's free, I'm not asking for anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I should have plenty. shoot me an IM with your addy
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
im planiing on being at frozen nuts on saturday

Sounds good i will bring a kit for you

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
as bad luck has it i have a funeral in new burlin on saturday for the wife of a club brother i wont make it but il try for the next shoot

OK, sorry to hear, so just for the record, nobody who is attending the shoot tomorrow wants me to put one of these together for them?? Speak up now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top