Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:30:34 AM EDT
I just heard a PSA on the radio from Clark County Health District about putting survival gear in a clean, new, plastic garbage can in case of a disaster.

I guess we're trying to avoid another NOLA
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:44:45 AM EDT
What a novel concept for the Government. "Hey, people, learn to take care of yourself and quit relying on us for everything!" Imagine if we could all git with the program.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:09:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunmonkey:
What a novel concept for the Government Gooberment. "Hey, people, learn to take care of yourself and quit relying on us for everything!" Imagine if we could all git with the program.

there, I fixed that for ya
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:06:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:32:44 PM EDT
there are fault lines running throughout the valley, so we could get a mild to moderate earthquake, according to a professor at CCSN that I was talking to.

Some of the more major fault lines are Cheyenne & Revere and near Cashman field.

I bet a good 5.0 would freak people out enough by knocking out power and whatnot, that we'd have some issues. especially since it's in such close proximity to Downtown

I think a breach in Hoover Dam would be our most likely and most dangerous threat. (more so to Laughlin, Bullhead, and Havasu than Vegas)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:57:09 PM EDT
Nuclear accident....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:36:06 PM EDT
Yeah....but she doesnt like me calling her that
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:11:11 PM EDT
we get tornadoes up this way. i think if something bad happend in cali it would be time to repell borders againts the liberal hippy duesh bags that would come try to call this place home. In that case i would just need lots of ammo , some water, a good vantage point and no food, i could just eat the cali buggers, there very easy to clean being that there all gutless any ways.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:52:48 PM EDT
"Nuclear accident...."

What about an act of terrorism like a suitcase nuke ?
If you read any of this homeland security stuff about what THEY think makes a prime target for terrorism, it sounds like they are describing Las Vegas to me.
That of course is just one possible senario.
Nuclear accident with contamination while hauling nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain.
Hell, it doesn't matter. Anyone that thinks nothing like this could possibly happen to them is a fool. Anyone that doesn't have at least some kind of plan just in case the impossible happens is a bigger fool.
But, they arn't alone. The world is full of fools.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:39:44 PM EDT
Amen brother....amen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:48:13 PM EDT
some on already touched a nuke off in the nevada desert.....think it was the goverment or maybe it was ET when he was at area 51
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:21:12 PM EDT
Or what if we were attacked by giant gopher's!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:38:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GUNSAP:

then I'd be forced to go all Bill Murray on their asses!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:55:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GUNSAP:

Then you'd wish you had a scoped 7mm Magnum and not a MarkII target pistol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:56:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BeckettOfNevada:
we get tornadoes up this way. i think if something bad happend in cali it would be time to repell borders againts the liberal hippy duesh bags that would come try to call this place home. In that case i would just need lots of ammo , some water, a good vantage point and no food, i could just eat the cali buggers, there very easy to clean being that there all gutless any ways.

Son, you are just we needed, another outspoken Northern Nevada boy! Those Lost Vegans were starting to outnumber us.
Oh, yeah, "gutless" HOLY CRAP! LOL!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:42:53 AM EDT
sorry i just have a hard time considering them from nevada when 90% of them know nothing of the state and havent been north of vegas. o not to mention most of them are from cali!

im just kidding...or am i.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:38:22 PM EDT
damn kalifornicators...causing trouble in our state....lets kill em all and let god sort them out
Can we do that...HUH
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:53:50 PM EDT
I can say I have taken a dump in every county in the state more than once. Some of us were not lucky enuff to live north of Hwy 50, but to call us Cali-wads???? I mean, come on! Born and raised here, the town I was raised in STILL dont have a stop light, now I live in Las-shitass-Vegas.

Here is a mug shot for ya..

THEN:

NOW:

Vegas is a temporary lay-over.......nothing more, nothing less.
"G"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:18:09 PM EDT
if you were born in california and move to nevada you should have to have a yellow star on your clothes and a id bar code tattoo on your arm.....o shit wait we cant do that
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
You people are so mean.....

Can't we just get along?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:17:20 PM EDT
yes...we can get along....as soon as we kill the interlopers
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:48:25 PM EDT
The most likely disaster is no electricity for an extended period, why who knows, terrorism, accident, EMP bomb?

No electricity would means no water. NO A/C. Next to no communication.

With no electricity traffic ties up like a big fishing line knot. Freezers stop working and the store runs out of ice in a heart beat. Hoover Dam cannot supply enough electricity to keep us going

The second most likely disaster is flooding during the monsoon season, time it right and you could get both. Toss in a dirty bomb or bioterrorism and you get disaster soup.

The CCHD is saying you are on your OWN!!!!! Get it? It's tha same thing New Orleans said to their people. Government is (whats that word?) incompetent? impotent in disasters? incapable? Well you take yoru pick.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:02:46 PM EDT
damn them damn the interlopers!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:25:28 PM EDT
I do not and will not rely on the Goverment to cater to my every whim and desire, therefore, in a time of crisis I would hope to be a little more self sufficient and self reliant than a body that has lived off of goverment cheese their entire existance.

A poor person never has equaled a slob, misfit, drain on society....that is a choice one makes regardless of socio-economics. Shoulder a little responsibility for your own skin and plan for the little bumps in the road of life so that when they come along, and they always come along, you will be more apt to weather the storm......so to speak.

While my heart grieves for our Gulf state brothers and sisters, I question the individuals that rant and rave and curse the Goverment instead of facing their own inability to survive on their own for even a few days.

Dont ask me why I broke out the soap box all of a sudden, it has just been on my mind as of late.
"G"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:35:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By E22CAPT:
I question the individuals that rant and rave and curse the Goverment instead of facing their own inability to survive on their own for even a few days.

Why bother????? If they don't care to survive, why should you??? They've made their decision and you will not change it. Besides, it's kinda like wrestling with pigs..........
(and PLEASE don't respond with any phrase including the word "should")
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:03:49 PM EDT
boy i sure love to wrestle with pigs....when they stary squeling oooo boy
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:06:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By E22CAPT:
I do not and will not rely on the Goverment to cater to my every whim and desire, therefore, in a time of crisis I would hope to be a little more self sufficient and self reliant than a body that has lived off of goverment cheese their entire existance.

A poor person never has equaled a slob, misfit, drain on society....that is a choice one makes regardless of socio-economics. Shoulder a little responsibility for your own skin and plan for the little bumps in the road of life so that when they come along, and they always come along, you will be more apt to weather the storm......so to speak.

While my heart grieves for our Gulf state brothers and sisters, I question the individuals that rant and rave and curse the Goverment instead of facing their own inability to survive on their own for even a few days.

Dont ask me why I broke out the soap box all of a sudden, it has just been on my mind as of late.
"G"

No need to apologize, you are dead on with your assessment. If everyone of those folks who had the means to prepare just a little had done so, then the resources needed to help those who truly couldn't do for themselves would have been more readily available. And looters were a further drain.
The old saying "You're either part of the solution or part of the problem" applies here. I believe ARFcommers in general, and SFers (that's Survival Forum for the Special Forces sensitive types) specifically are part of the solution. You don't have to fix the big problem, just don't be aburden on society (actually, that's the American way).

And full disclosure of facts: I was born in Fresno, CA, in 1973. My parents moved to Lake tahoe in 1975 and I am fortunate enough to consider myself a naturalized Nevadan. My wife and both children were born in Carson City, I graduated from Douglas High in 1991 and consider this area my home. I carry an admitted personal bias against Las Vegas/Clark County, based entirely on the magnitude of Californianism that rests and emanates from it. Full disclosure requires that I admit I hate Reno and Carson is quickly becoming less enjoyable. Will probably put up razor wire, towers and floodlights soon
It is my personal opinion that Californians come in 2 types, refugees and infiltrators. Each should be handled accordingly.
Perhaps the Native Nevadans would be so kind as to create a test and requirements for naturalization for the rest of us. We could provide documentation and end this bitterness, it'd be like credentials. "Hey leave him alone Bubba, he's been naturalized."
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:32:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 8:38:31 AM EDT by BeckettOfNevada]
your preaching to the choir here my man. The thing that pisses me off the most is you get the people from cali coming over here and trying to turn our state into another cali. If you like cali that damn mutch go the hell home. Maybe we should give california las vegas in exchange for lassen county in northern california.

The people in the gulf states are like baby birds. Mouth open and screaming for everyone to do everything for them. They knew the storm was coming, if they didnt get out they should have stocked supplys and if they didnt do any of that the goverment should have told them the water is malt liquor and liquid fried chicken so we didnt have to put up with a city of ungratefull and ignorant shits. Anyone that shoots at people trying to save there city and the people in it should get nothing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:15:44 AM EDT

It is my personal opinion that Californians come in 2 types, refugees and infiltrators. Each should be handled accordingly.

I like to consider myself a defector, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:06:30 PM EDT
Actually the ones that do the most damage IMHO are elected by people who think that letting someone else do it is a good idea. Of course if the situation arises, then the governmetn states it is the boss, but then they fall out or fall so far short of any needed response that it becomes easier to do it your self. But then you are not prepared.

The dogooders have done us really good. Anybody ready to dogood the dogooders.

Why am I paying an Indigent tax. Seems like Indigents should pay that tax.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:33:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chiz45:

I like to consider myself a defector, thanks.

Defector is an appropriate term!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:15:04 PM EDT
I also heard the ad on the radio and got the junk in the mail. I just had a talk with a gorup of my coworkers a couple of weeks ago regarding preparedeness for people living in Las Vegas. When I asked them if they just assumed that healthy drinking water would run out their faucets every day while they are living in the desert no matter what, most said yes. I couldn't believe it!

We live in the desert. Those of us not on wells (which is everyone I know) get their water from the government (SNWA). I think that it is naive if not stupid to rely on the government completely for the most basic of all necessities - water.

I put a post on the Survival Forum with some links to the health district web site for those interested.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=389379

- Bolo
Top Top