Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2013 3:24:41 PM EDT
Any other ARCOM members competing in the Spartan Sprint at the Abbott Sports Complex this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.  my start time is 11:45.  I'll have a GoPro on my head.  I just did the Tough Mudder in Topeka a few weeks ago.

I also signed up for the Tough Mudder next year in Minn if anyone is interested in joining my team.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm signed up but just had my knee scoped on monday.  Doc says no go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
How did it go?  I was signed up but I screwed up a hamstring and had to bail.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

A few weeks before the Spartan Sprint I ran a Tough Mudder in Topeka KS with some friends but I ran the Spartan Sprint alone.

The course was just under four miles and without a doubt that it was more taxing than all of the 11 or so mile Tough Mudder.

Never having done a burbee in my life I soon realized that they zap the energy right out of you! Something to work on.

I'm still waiting on official pictures. I took some footage with my phone after the race but they are quite shaky from me being so cold.

Race results:
(Ignore the "top 1%")
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A few weeks before the Spartan Sprint I ran a Tough Mudder in Topeka KS with some friends but I ran the Spartan Sprint alone.

The course was just under four miles and without a doubt that it was more taxing than all of the 11 or so mile Tough Mudder.

Never having done a burbee in my life I soon realized that they zap the energy right out of you! Something to work on.

I'm still waiting on official pictures. I took some footage with my phone after the race but they are quite shaky from me being so cold.

Race results:
(Ignore the "top 1%")
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/Screenshot2013-10-13at23834PM_zps1562cfbd.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Race results:
(Ignore the "top 1%")
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/Screenshot2013-10-13at23834PM_zps1562cfbd.png

I agree that the Spartan was more taxing.  It took a lot more physical strength/endurance than the TM.  It was a blast though.  I'll do it again next year.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine and his teen aged son participated and had an awesome time ! They had trained for many many weeks leading up to it.  I'm going for it next time around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top