Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2013 2:24:41 PM EST
Any other ARCOM members competing in the Spartan Sprint at the Abbott Sports Complex this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 2:40:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2013 2:41:29 PM EST by Iguana775]
I'll be there. my start time is 11:45. I'll have a GoPro on my head. I just did the Tough Mudder in Topeka a few weeks ago.

I also signed up for the Tough Mudder next year in Minn if anyone is interested in joining my team.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 4:53:45 PM EST
I'm signed up but just had my knee scoped on monday. Doc says no go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:47:52 PM EST
How did it go? I was signed up but I screwed up a hamstring and had to bail.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:39:25 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alemonkey:
View Quote

A few weeks before the Spartan Sprint I ran a Tough Mudder in Topeka KS with some friends but I ran the Spartan Sprint alone.

The course was just under four miles and without a doubt that it was more taxing than all of the 11 or so mile Tough Mudder.

Never having done a burbee in my life I soon realized that they zap the energy right out of you! Something to work on.

I'm still waiting on official pictures. I took some footage with my phone after the race but they are quite shaky from me being so cold.

Race results:
(Ignore the "top 1%")
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:05:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:

A few weeks before the Spartan Sprint I ran a Tough Mudder in Topeka KS with some friends but I ran the Spartan Sprint alone.

The course was just under four miles and without a doubt that it was more taxing than all of the 11 or so mile Tough Mudder.

Never having done a burbee in my life I soon realized that they zap the energy right out of you! Something to work on.

I'm still waiting on official pictures. I took some footage with my phone after the race but they are quite shaky from me being so cold.

Race results:
(Ignore the "top 1%")
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/Screenshot2013-10-13at23834PM_zps1562cfbd.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:
Originally Posted By alemonkey:

Race results:
(Ignore the "top 1%")
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/Screenshot2013-10-13at23834PM_zps1562cfbd.png

I agree that the Spartan was more taxing. It took a lot more physical strength/endurance than the TM. It was a blast though. I'll do it again next year.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:43:22 PM EST
A friend of mine and his teen aged son participated and had an awesome time ! They had trained for many many weeks leading up to it. I'm going for it next time around.
Top Top