Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 5:45:14 PM EDT
Especcially in the Grand Junction/ Montrose area.  Looking to acquire one... but all the locals are gone or out of business!  

Thanks...

Or any chance of a private sale?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a gunshow in GJ last weekend (9th & 10th). There were a few there. But didn't check the prices too well. Looks like preban prices were still in effect for most mags and rifles though.

Should be one coming up in Durango or Montrose soon I would think.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I just thought of someone in Grand Junction.

A Pawn right next to Scotties Muffler on 5th and Business loop might have some. He sells them cheap too. Plus he only charges $10 for transfers. His ours are 9-5, I think and 9-1 on Saturdays. Jimmie is usually busy but a real decent guy. I boughten from him a couple of times.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, thanks a bunch.

The guy out on Orchard Mesa had some I knew of, but I guess he has since gone out of business.  Next time Im in GJ Ill go hunt the guy down.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely see Jimmie at A Pawn on fifth- he sells over THREE HUNDRED FIFTY guns a month for good reason , low prices  Shoot safe
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
get yourself a C&R, then order a whole bunch, delivered right to your door!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
How hard is it to get a C&R?  And hell I only need one... so I dont think one SKS and possible a few other odd ball rifles is worth the trouble...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
It's pretty easy, Best $30 you can spend!

think about dealer markup, factor in/out the $30 for a C&R, discounts at Brownell's and Midway and dealer direct pricing on C&R's.. it's cheap!

you may have to wait a bit, 6 weeks or so (~) for the .jbt (atf) to do it's thing.

IF you're in no hurry to pick up a SKS, go the C&R route, but beware, it could effect your wallet/credit cards if you don't keep yourself under control
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top