Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/29/2009 10:28:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/29/2009 11:14:16 PM EST by NSFJojo]
Anyone else see them?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:22:41 AM EST
Just drove past the burnt out destruction.

Talk about burnt to the ground.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:41:48 AM EST
Aren't those the ones they've been building for a while between So Virginia and 395 not far from Michael's of Reno?
Kind of suspicious, huh?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 9:33:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By Semislinger:
Aren't those the ones they've been building for a while between So Virginia and 395 not far from Michael's of Reno?
Kind of suspicious, huh?

The same...
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 10:08:48 AM EST
Kind of suspicious, huh?

My friend in insurance might refer to these as a "friction fire". That's what happens when a bad economy rubs up against a good insurance policy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 12:27:02 PM EST
Kind of suspicious, huh?

Maybe they had some more stale inventory from Michaels
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 12:55:24 PM EST
The mouth breathers on RGJ are up in a tissy about open space and how this is a good thing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:52:37 AM EST
I live a little north of there and would pass those occasionally on my way to Ben's or Walmart. I still don't understand who thought putting apartments up like that was a good idea? They're packed in ridiculously close, but then there's a fair amount of open land around them (including a field that cattle graze in) which just seemed to make them feel even more closed in.

I normally wouldn't think of 'luxury apartments' being close to a Walmart, Indian smokeshop, and liquor store, but then that does sound kind of nice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:00:10 PM EST
With rent advertiesed as being between $1100 and $1700, which is far above the going rates for the area, I can't imagine why a nearly finished, empty apartment complex like this would suffer from arson...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:03:10 AM EST
I was watching the fire from my house with binos hahah it was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:17:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By Danarchist:
I live a little north of there and would pass those occasionally on my way to Ben's or Walmart. I still don't understand who thought putting apartments up like that was a good idea? They're packed in ridiculously close, but then there's a fair amount of open land around them (including a field that cattle graze in) which just seemed to make them feel even more closed in.

I normally wouldn't think of 'luxury apartments' being close to a Walmart, Indian smokeshop, and liquor store, but then that does sound kind of nice.

I live on South Meadows, and on my way down to WM or Bens i went WTF everytime. Don't forget the trailer park next to it
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:35:20 PM EST
drove by it on my way down to steamboat springs. the day before i told my buddy who is looking for a place to live he should just stoop in the unfinished buildings for free. glad he didnt do it. 30 million in damage
Top Top