Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2005 3:37:45 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I do not write much in the hometown forums but I have read several build parties that I was not able to make it to.  I have watched you all build several AK kits and I would love to get on this action.  I am a total noob when it comes to AKs and would love to have a mentor show me the ropes.  I l live in a condo here in Miami so I do not really have a place to do this.  But Id be willing to bring food and drinks if anyone would like to start something like this up.  Just have a grill and Ill play cook.  If anyone would like to chime in Im fully game.  

Let me know and thanks in Advance!

PS.  Love to hear what parts kit to get as well.  Id like to do something full size or underfolder.  No pistols for me!

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Im up for the next one as well.  I couldnt make it to the daytona build and I still have a few kits needing taken care of.

no room to have it here either..
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]

I just picked up a polish underfolder from Dans ammo . com or something like that.  Really nice guy and I thought the price is right.  So Im in the mood for a build.  But I am surely going to need guidence from someone that has done this before, because I know nothing about building an ak from the ground up!

Please let me know.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry if anyone is thrown off Im in miami fl, got to change my state!
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, just a heads up.

Even though the last build party (in Daytona) had two months advance notice, several people
still didn't get their receivers in time (some got them at the last minute the lucky ones!)

I suggest that everyone get all the parts they need, and wait till there's a build party.

I think the next build party might only have 1-2 weeks notice......
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I am surely down for this next build, I do not check the hometown forums that much so if there is anyone that is going to get this started please IM me so I can catch up with you.  Again I am down to bring and cook food for everyone.  

Thanks for the update!

Link Posted: 10/20/2005 4:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, just a heads up.

Even though the last build party (in Daytona) had two months advance notice, several people
still didn't get their receivers in time (some got them at the last minute the lucky ones!)

I suggest that everyone get all the parts they need, and wait till there's a build party.

hmm..  hows about subsequent parties?

first the  reciever completing party for those who choose not to paper thier stuff, then a week or two afterwards the actual build party..

Not in the immediate future though, I need to order some yugo blanks first..
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Count me in guys!
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I  got to order a blank myself, so if anyone knows the best route for this please let me know.  I ordered a polish underfolder from dansammo.com.  I picked up a grade 1 kit but I have never put one of these together before.  So if anyone can lend a hand, please let me know.  Also if anyone needs me to order them some blanks I can do that as well and bring them to the build.  Just point me in the right direction!

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I  got to order a blank myself, so if anyone knows the best route for this please let me know.  Just point me in the right direction!

Thank you

You will need a blank bender......About $150.00-$200.00

And also a Spot welder....About $150.00.....Plus $35.00 for a special welding tong.....

So, it will cost you about $385.00 to bend that blank....But don't worry, you can start saving money after you bend 10 blanks...
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]

I wish didnt live in an apt, and had a shop, I would host it
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT,

what, no takers,

we are talkin' 'bout buildin' AKs here, the perfered weapon of our enemies

and that is just cool
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I AM READY.

Link Posted: 11/1/2005 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Vault and Term, as soon as I get setteled in I can host another party, what I would really like is to have  a finishing party, to parkerize, paint, duracoat, whatever just to get some guns completed 100 %...will be in touch I think about 30 days are required for those that work and need to request off, 1-2 weeks might cut into some family plans not arranged that far out, I need a long time notice just to make sure I plan something for the wife to do that day,  to have the place to ourselves...over and out Mark ( sorry next one will be at new place in Citrus Co ) I should have room if someone needs to stay over night...will let u know
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I am sorry, but I won't be going to any more build parties that require driving out of town.
I am burned out on them.

Good luck in arranging the next one.

Let me know if I can help some other way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll goI hope is not in Jacksonville or Gainsvile that about 6 drive for me!!!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2005 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#16]
BTT, I hope this happens guys,

I'll buy beer for everyone after my rivits are done,

no drunken riviting needs to be neat
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BTT,

what, no takers,

we are talkin' 'bout buildin' AKs here, the perfered weapon of our enemies

and that is just cool

It is prefered because they're cheap and plentyful.........

Link Posted: 11/16/2005 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, just a heads up.

I was one of the un-lucky ones but I've got my recievers now and still have the 12 ton press. I understand you not wanting to put another 500 miles on the car . Hows about a plane ticket and some Terma-Action
Blaze
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, just a heads up.

I was one of the un-lucky ones but I've got my recievers now and still have the 12 ton press. I understand you not wanting to put another 500 miles on the car . Hows about a plane ticket and some Terma-ActionBlaze

Where is there a terma in Florida? I'm leaving for the land of terma's in two days........So I'll be "terma-ed" out when I come back. But in a week after that I'll be ready again!
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Here is the guy who had the group rivet buy that I got my rivets from last time.
This will take several months before you get your rivets, so be aware.

But they're cheap and very good rivets....So if you're planning on building a few more ak's, get them.

I think there were enough in the set to build 30 ak's.....So maybe split the rivets between 2-3 of you would be really a good idea.....

Group rivet buy
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#21]
What Happen to the build????????? is it going to be anytime soon???  Later Guys
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Possibly planning something at my new house in Citrus Co, in late Feb 06...nothing as of yet, just an idea...I hope to see you guys from Walts party in Daytona, with rec in hand...we are thinking the last weekend on Sat cause there is also a machine gun shoot ( 20 min south ) that weekend on Sun so make a fun time of both events..........Its in the early stages, no date is set, hell I havent even moved yet, few more days, but I like to plan gun stuff in advance.....of course prior attandees to my SO Fla build are also welcome, might have room for 1 or 2 to stay over, but I can't cover a plane ticket for ya terminator......sorry....Mark
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in Miami dade and think I'm pretty experinced . I have about 15 build under my belt so I think I know what I'm doing any question just email .I have built Romanian's, AMD65, Polish TantalAK 74, Yugo M70.I've done 100% recivers but mostly do my own recivers. All these builds have been built with screws.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Ok, I'm up for another party.  Where, donno. When, donno. What? Bang sticks!   As some of the guys know, I'll travel where ever to gitter done.   Guys send me an instant message if you're interested in doing a party withing 100 miles of Daytona Beach.    I'm putting together my Christmas Wish list and it has TOOLS on it.  

Also, Rentaprop1, if you want to do a painting and parking party I am definitely up for it. I have Paint and Park for several builds.  Still need to aquire some stainless steel park tanks but that will happen soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi guys!

I'm interested in a party as well. I'm in Miami, but live in an apartment and have no real tools. I'm going to be ordering a Romanian kit this week and depending on what kind of build will either order a flat or will try to find a good price on a FFL of a complete receiver. I'll check back on occasion and hopefully we'll get something set up. I'm willing to drive to get one built (this'll be my first AK). -Josh
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I am interested in attending a build party. Almost got enough for my PTR91 so I'll have free money to invest in some AK's. The closer to the east cetnral FL the better for me but I wouldn't mind driving or car pooling with someone else and split the gas. I'm in the Cocoa Beach area if anyone wants to cordinate rides.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
something is in the works Feb 25 2006, I put a plan in action today as I confirmed the MG shoot is on the following day, all details will follow in comming month or so, I just moved in and have to complete a lot of work around the house, I will have an extra oven to do the dura coat and we can work something out for parkerizing, plenty of room, plenty of parking on my new pad, 3 acres, we will work out all the tools later just make plans to have the weekend free so we can build on Sat and go to the MG shoot on Sunday ....Mark

sorry forgot to mention this will be in Central Florida actually Inverness FL 34452
I know the topic was south florida winter build, but I think u guys might have to drive a little, I live... 1 hour N of Tampa, and 1 hour W of Orlando
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you so much, very nice of you to offer this.  Please let everyone know what to bring (food included) for this to go down!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#29]
we can work it all out in comming weeks......you might want to start checking around 2-3 guys might come up from Ft. Laud. make some friends now, share a ride and a hotel for the weekend
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#30]
.I hope to see you guys from Walts party in Daytona, with rec in hand...
I'm There
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I should have both of mine finished from the daytona party by then. Ready for some finishing. This would be closer for me, so I'd most likely be in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
something is in the works Feb 25 2006, I put a plan in action today as I confirmed the MG shoot is on the following day, all details will follow in comming month or so, I just moved in and have to complete a lot of work around the house, I will have an extra oven to do the dura coat and we can work something out for parkerizing, plenty of room, plenty of parking on my new pad, 3 acres, we will work out all the tools later just make plans to have the weekend free so we can build on Sat and go to the MG shoot on Sunday ....Mark

sorry forgot to mention this will be in Central Florida actually Inverness FL 34452
I know the topic was south florida winter build, but I think u guys might have to drive a little, I live... 1 hour N of Tampa, and 1 hour W of Orlando

Will there be somebody there with the tools to make the reciever from flats or just premade recievers?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#33]
we are workin on a flat bending jig, hkinfl u are in ocala right ??, my buddy from O-town might drive over in a few weeks to give some dura coat a test run, let me know if you are interested in chipping in...Mark
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Mark, I might be good by then. Hard to find time these days for anything. I have a little more work to do. When are you talking for the test run? Yes I'm in ocala, nice and close.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#35]
definately after the holidays and we already did a test run, I just have so many that are at the final prep for paint stage I just want them finished, then have to re-assemble all of them before shooting, and I really wanted to pick up a Tantal kit to build at the party....I will be in touch send me an e-mail with you e-mail and contact info some time between now  and the holidays...Mark
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds good man, I sent you an email with the info.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#37]
is somebody there going to have a rivet jig becuase i got a polish Onyx that I want to do with rivets. Or does somebody in the Miami area have one that they be wiling to rent . I have everything but the riveting jig.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Putting this BTT
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#39]
what does BTT stand for
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#41]
http://floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7621

this is where the orig idea started so check both forums I will start a new post in both as it gets closer, we have had a big response, numbers of participants will start to be limited, previous build guys always welcome.....Mark
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Mark - I'm ready willing and able to participate in a sandblast, parkerize and Paint get together.  Keep us posted.    Also, it seems to me that a Spring Build Party is a good idea.  Park and Paint at party #1, then build summore at party #2.  

Is this hobbie great or what?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#43]
You guys are crazy!

You want to build more guns????

Don't you think you should do something else?

Anyway, I just got my custom numbered yugo receivers from DCI. They look great.
It's a bitch to remove the old receiver sheetmetal from the trunnions and the stock mounts. These rivets are hardened and so are the receivers. Drilling should be easier though since they are hardened. We'll see.

I also got my form 1 back for my firing line krinkov (5.45)  So, a building I will go........
The garage is cool right now........
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You guys are crazy!

It's a bitch to remove the old receiver sheetmetal from the trunnions and the stock mounts. These rivets are hardened and so are the receivers. Drilling should be easier though since they are hardened. We'll see.

I also got my form 1 back for my firing line krinkov (5.45)  So, a building I will go........

Hey, I gave up hookers, drugs and fluffy my pet Sheep ,  gotta have SOMETHING for fun.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys are crazy!

Hey, I gave up hookers, drugs and fluffy my pet Sheep ,  gotta have SOMETHING for fun.  

I don't know about the sheep and drugs, but giving up hookers? Never, everyone needs more than just guns!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]
In Before the Lock   HOooooot Hoooot!  YEAHaaaaa Baby.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#47]
damn you are heterosexual...and a white girl at than......man I miss the good old days of chasing ass and binge drinking
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
damn you are heterosexual...and a white girl at than......man I miss the good old days of chasing ass and binge drinking

I found her in Bueno Aires.......I don't remember her name (does it really matter?)

Here's one from Rio de Janeiro.....

Here's one of her naked!
Click here.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top