Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 4:45:28 PM EST
I'm visiting my dad in Ventura next week and I'd like to go shooting with him. I grew up there but moved to TN 5 years ago and all the gun stores I remember are gone now. Aside from Big 5 where can I go to find some plain old .45 auto FMJ these days? And is the pistol range up by the cross still open?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:51:55 PM EST
Is H&S Firearm Sales gone?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:00:51 PM EST
Was that the one on the corner of Thompson & Seaward? If so, yes. If not, I'm not familiar with the name.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:52:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By cedricxerxes:
Is H&S Firearm Sales gone?

Yes, I used to hang out there along time ago. I mkoved away and when I came back he was gone. He used to run his gunshop/balloon business. I know he has property in Oregon. Maybe he moved there. The only place I could see getting ammo is Shooters paradise in Oxnard.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:56:53 PM EST
Pistol range in Grant Park is closed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:45:20 AM EST
Bummer. So where does one go to shoot now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:47:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By Featheredmafia:
Bummer. So where does one go to shoot now?

Well around here just indoor ranges unless you know a ranch owner and can go out to there property. As far as ammo go's for a .45 good luck!!! Ammo around here is very scarce and hard to find. Check with uncle paul I went to his shop last week and bought .40 s&w. You can drive up to rose valley and shoot but becareful lot's of yahoo's up there......
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:54:47 AM EST
There is always Wally World for ammo if you only need a few boxes, though it is hit and miss both with supply and which ones still carry ammo. As for a place to shoot, you have either the indoor ranges or you could still drive out to Piru.
Top Top