Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2007 10:28:02 AM EDT
hey guys, so i turned 21 a little over 6 months ago and applied for my firearms license feb.2, got it in april 12, so it took 70 days, not that bad from what ive heard. i now have something in my wallet that im proud of carrying have take care,

Fury
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't skip Glock 19.

really.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Try the Desert Eagle for concealed carry.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't skip Glock 19.

really.

my first and only carry gun.  BIG +1 on that.  

if you're near smyrna, i'll let you try mine...  

eta: i'm 23 and been carrying for about 6 months now...  so i know where you're at, where you'll be going (socially), and how it best fits our "dressing styles"...
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]
lol maybe the 9mm desert eagle. yea i was planing on trying out the g19, but when i hold it, it doesnt feel as good as id prefer, but then again it isnt about how it feels, its about how good one can shoot with it. the problem i have now is that i want to try out the springfield xd9 and the smith & wesson m&p9 side by side and i cant find a range thats got em. also i have been sooooooo busy lately i really dont have the chance, but i plan on buying one for sure by july 15, before the s&w bag and mag deal is over.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hey guys, so i turned 21 a little over 6 months ago and applied for my firearms license feb.2, got it in april 12, so it took 70 days, not that bad from what ive heard. i now have something in my wallet that im proud of carrying

Now i just have to continue searching for my 1st pistol, which im almost done (been on here and other forums researching for about 8 months now), just have to find a range that has em as rentals which is the hard part take care,

Fury

Mine took 3 buisness days.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
lol maybe the 9mm desert eagle. yea i was planing on trying out the g19, but when i hold it, it doesnt feel as good as id prefer, but then again it isnt about how it feels, its about how good one can shoot with it. the problem i have now is that i want to try out the springfield xd9 and the smith & wesson m&p9 side by side and i cant find a range thats got em. also i have been sooooooo busy lately i really dont have the chance, but i plan on buying one for sure by july 15, before the s&w bag and mag deal is over.

You need to come to the Madison shoot on the 24th. If GeorgiaBII shows up he has the m&p 9 and I have an XD9. Honestly, after shooting his I like the S&W better but you may not feel the same.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Don't skip Glock 19.

really.hat.
if you're near smyrna, i'll let you try mine...  

eta: i'm 23 and been carrying for about 6 months now...  so i know where you're at, where you'll be going (socially), and how it best fits our "dressing styles"...

your close enough to me, im currently in carrollton, in summer school at the university of west ga, 15 hours during the summer is NO JOKE!!!! and my permanent house is in woodstock, and smyrna is in-between them. i just noticed you and me joined the same time!!!! you just got 600 more posts than me lol
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Sig P220 or P226.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah... difference is i'm now working for a living...  it's a lot easier to waste time on the arf at work than to actually be productive... shhhhh
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a G19 and be done with it. You will keep it forever and it will be the lowest maintenance gun you have. After that, build your collection with other pieces. Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

You need to come to the Madison shoot on the 24th. If GeorgiaBII shows up he has the m&p 9 and I have an XD9. Honestly, after shooting his I like the S&W better but you may not feel the same.

ya know i was thinking about the madison shoot, but that week is finals week for me. but then again.... if georgiaBII shows up with the m&p9 and youll be there with the xd9... and if its not too far from carrollton, i might just take the ride back home and get my ak, eyes and ears, trip to wallyworld and get about 200-300 rounds of wwb to shoot with, then i think ill most def be there!!! and i could finally meet a couple of you arfcommers
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sig P220 or P226.

What, no AR-24?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]
welcome to the club, all the cool kids are carrying
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sig P220 or P226.

What, no AR-24?

Okay, I was just naming something that everyone would be familiar with, but hell yeah, an AR24.  They are kinda hard to get right now though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Get a G19 and be done with it. You will keep it forever and it will be the lowest maintenance gun you have. After that, build your collection with other pieces. Congrats!

+1

My Sig only sees the light of day when it's range day...and I don't forget to let it come out and play.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there on the 24th with the MP 9compact and fullsize if anybody wants to play with them.

Also going to wring out the new carbine I built for the wife.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#17]
If you are free this Sat, you can come the GeorgiaPacking.org shoot . We'll have plenty of pistols for you to try out.

As a GFL holder, you may want to look into joining GeorgiaCarry.org. We are making good progress in improving GA carry laws, and have big pans for the next legislative session.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
If you are free this Sat, you can come the GeorgiaPacking.org shoot . We'll have plenty of pistols for you to try out.

As a GFL holder, you may want to look into joining GeorgiaCarry.org. We are making good progress in improving GA carry laws, and have big pans for the next legislative session.

aww im completely swamped this weekend, but ill probably go to the madison shoot since it seems pretty good as far as trying out the pistols i have my eyes on.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sig P220 or P226.

What, no AR-24?

Okay, I was just naming something that everyone would be familiar with, but hell yeah, an AR24.  They are kinda hard to get right now though.

As an XD9 owner I do have to say that the AR24 is a VERY nice sidearm.  I shot Larrys' about a month ago at the FOP shoot.  

I do have to say that I was impressed.  

Try out everything you are interested in and buy what YOU like.  Thats what matters.  

Buzz.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top