Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 10:11:13 AM EDT
I need to have 24 .38 special spent cartridges reloaded with FMJ ball round bullets as "dummy" ammo. The primers are spent but need to remain in the brass.

I have the 24 spent casings, I just need to drill them and have someone reload them with the bullets.

SO, the bottom line: I need someone who has a press and dies and someone who has 24 FMJ ball round bullets.

I am more than happy to pay or front something in trade.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:24:17 PM EDT
V,

Check with E22CAPT.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:04:02 PM EDT
I can do it. I don't have the projectiles you are requesting though
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:34:32 PM EDT
If they're for dummy rounds, how about using .355 FMJs for a 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:06:40 PM EDT
Got it!

Thanks for all the help.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:48:43 PM EDT
Rather than keeping the spent primers in them, go ahead and pop them out and fill the primer pocket with some permatex. It'll cushion the firing pin's impact and will last longer than a spent primer All it takes is a few hits and the firing pin will work a hole into the old primers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:24:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BroncoGlenn:
Rather than keeping the spent primers in them, go ahead and pop them out and fill the primer pocket with some permatex. It'll cushion the firing pin's impact and will last longer than a spent primer All it takes is a few hits and the firing pin will work a hole into the old primers.

Found some A Zoom snap caps

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:44:30 PM EDT
Good choice.

The A-Zoom dummies work great, but it depends where you get them because they can get a little pricey. I've seen some of my students pay as much as $22.00 (or more) plus tax for five of them at local gun shops.

I use these in all my courses: Saf-T-Trainers They work great and they are inexpensive. The only downside is they don't have the weight and feel of live rounds.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:09:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
The only downside is they don't have the weight and feel of live rounds.

I Know what you mean, but they have to be the same weight for revolver moonclip reloads.

V
OUT
Top Top