Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 6:37:46 PM EDT
Yep, my Bush/Cheney 04 sign was stolen from my lawn last night, the bastards!  My local Repulican chapter is out again so I ordered not one, but three to take it's place.  I also ordered some really snappy t-shirts too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Friggin Dem asshats!

You ought to wire one up with a little 220v............they'll really get a "kick" outta takin your sign again!!!!!

archer2
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It was probably somebody on their way to CE...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Friggin Dem asshats!

You ought to wire one up with a little 220v............they'll really get a "kick" outta takin your sign again!!!!!

archer2

Believe me I have thought of a little TRAP for these heathens.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Friggin Dem asshats!

archer2

A few pieces of lumber scattered around the sign, half way buried with several dozen 16 penny ring shanks pounded in and the business end pointed up might discourage this behavior in the future.
This is of course a hypothetical discussion.  

ARH

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Steal 2 Kerry signs, and shoot them
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
There's been a lot of that going on lately. It's funny, because all the Dems like to pretend in the public eye to be these sophisticated intellectuals who are noble compared to the Republicans, yet you never see Republicans out flipping over cars, burning flags, stealing signs or things like Laptop Computers from 3 workers of the Bush-Cheney campaign office in Washington State:

By David Postman and Ashley Bach
Seattle Times staff reporters
KEN LAMBERT / THE SEATTLE TIMES
A large rock was thrown through the window of Bush-Cheney Washington state headquarters in Bellevue. Three laptops belonging to key campaign workers were taken.

BELLEVUE — Three computers loaded with confidential campaign plans were reported stolen early yesterday in a burglary at President Bush's Washington state campaign headquarters.

Someone threw a rock through a window of the campaign's office in a suburban business park, taking laptops belonging to key campaign workers from the desk of the Bush campaign's state director, Bellevue police and Republican Party officials said.

The Bush campaign and local Republican officials say they're convinced the break-in was politically motivated. They say it appeared to be a targeted burglary and was suspiciously similar to a break-in four years ago at Bush's Bellevue offices.

"Whoever did this was clearly looking for a body of information," said local Bush campaign spokeswoman Leah Yoon.

Police said their investigation was still in the early stages. But so far, said department spokeswoman Jessamyn Poling, "there's no indication that it was politically motivated."

State Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance called it a "Watergate-style break in," and said he suspects Democrats are behind it.

"If you're just some burglar looking for computers to sell to buy drugs, you take every laptop in the office, maybe," Vance said. "But they knew exactly whose computers to get."

He said Democratic Party Chairman Paul Berendt should issue a public call for the computers' return.

Berendt laughed off Vance's suspicions.

"I think Chris should double-check with the national Bush-Cheney campaign and the Republican National Committee to make sure they didn't move their computers out of the state in the middle of the night to ... one of those states where they're fighting a little more vigorously."

Missing are computers used by Jon Seaton, executive director of the state's Bush campaign, and the state leader of the GOP's get-out-the-vote effort. A third computer was designated for the campaign's Southwest Washington field director.

Seaton said data on the computers were backed up and available elsewhere. But, he said, the loss creates a potential security breach.

"Obviously there's some stuff there we wouldn't want our opposition getting their hands on," Seaton said.

The campaign has spoken about the importance of its voter-identification and get-out-the-vote program, known as its 72-hour plan for the final three-day push to Election Day.

Bush campaign officials say it could make the difference in a close election if Republicans are able to make sure their voters get to a polling place on Election Day and don't sit home as many did four years ago.

The break-in happened sometime between 2 and 8 a.m., said Bellevue police spokeswoman Poling. A side window of the office on 112th Avenue Northeast was smashed.

"They may have intended on stealing one or two items or they may have intended on stealing everything in there and they were scared away before they could finish the job," Poling said.

She said police had no other reports of commercial-building burglaries last night, though she said break-ins are not uncommon in the downtown business area.

Four years ago, two pieces of office equipment were taken from Bush headquarters in the 700 block of 112th Avenue Northeast, a couple of blocks away from the campaign's current office, Poling said. No suspects were found. Vance said the computer of that year's campaign director was stolen.

This year's headquarters is a small, ground-level office in the Bellewood Office Park, a collection of several buildings on a leafy stretch of 112th Avenue.

Part of Bush headquarters sits along the street, and the broken window could be seen clearly from the sidewalk about 70 feet away.

The only identification is a small, gold-colored sign on an outer door that reads "Bush-Cheney" in plain letters. The low-profile location helps the campaign focus on its work without worrying about protesters or hecklers, Yoon said.

Vance said the break-in follows reports of vandalized Bush campaign signs and what he said were telephone calls to voters alleging Bush would reinstate a military draft if re-elected.

"To me there is some scary stuff going on from liberal radicals whose Bush hatred is out of control," Vance said.

Vance conceded he has no evidence of Democratic involvement in the break-in except the suspicious circumstances.

"I'm saying anything is possible," he said. "It could be something that is sanctioned by the Kerry campaign or some overzealous supporters acting on their own."

The Kerry campaign did not have a comment on Vance's comments.

Local Kerry spokesman JB Tengco said he felt bad about the burglary. "It's a sad fact for any group that has to go through that, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone," he said.

Of course there was Watergate, but let's see if this one get's any attention in the Liberal Media.

Agnew out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Friggin Dem asshats!

archer2

Originally posted by ARH

A few pieces of lumber scattered around the sign, half way buried with several dozen 16 penny ring shanks pounded in and the business end pointed up might discourage this behavior in the future.
This is of course a hypothetical discussion.

Of course it's a HYPOTHETICAL discussion!!!!!!
We' not liberal Democrats....................................

archer2
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
If you would like an early warning device, or a tamper alert, I can hook you up.  It is what I do.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Friggin Dem asshats!

archer2

Please Devil Dog tape that shits.  I will pay you to have a copy.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#11]
The bastards!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Be careful, these bastards are getting aggressive.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You can bet the night after you put them up, they'll be back to do something. Get the vid camera running, grab your freed rifle and have your cell ready to dial 911. I'd have to stay out of work the next day just so I could stay up til they come. A couple warning shots and a loud "FREEZE COMMIE!" should set it in their minds that their fun is now you fun.

(This reminds me of the time I got off work at 11pm and went to my friends house for a party. He lived next door to the Grand Dragon of the KKK. The KKK guy, Carver was his name, had some plaster "black children in the front yard with some "white knights" surrounding them in a circle.

Someone had come by and stole two of the clan men. Well, as I pull up, there's 4-5 cop cars at Carvers house and he's ranting and raving that someone stole his little [N-word]s and that then they came back and stole 2 of the little clansmen. He was saying he could get more chilluns but the clansmen were one of a kind.

So he goes in the house, tells his son to get the car and Carver grabs a 12ga double barrel and goes to the car. A cop is following him and trying to tell him that they'll investigate and Carver tells him " All I gotta say is you better find the MFers before I do!!" He gets in the car with his shotgun and his son dumps the clutch and squeals out of the yard and down the road.

The cops just stand there looking at each other. they questioned a few guys and and found that some guys down the road had grabbed them. The cops arrested the guys and took them off- I figure more for their safety than for upholding the law.

Shortly after that Carver was ordered by the court to leave Hall County)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I would say that your AR and some blanks should do the trick.  Just wait until their about to grab the sign again and open up.  Too bad blanks wont cycle an AR.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally posted by badeffect10

I would say that your AR and some blanks should do the trick. Just wait until their about to grab the sign again and open up. Too bad blanks wont cycle an AR.

You need a blank firing device. Basically plugs the barrel so that all gasses are blown back to cycle the bolt. Had them in the AF by the hundreds for exercise purposes......I'll see if I can find one now!

archer2

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Originally posted by badeffect10

I would say that your AR and some blanks should do the trick. Just wait until their about to grab the sign again and open up. Too bad blanks wont cycle an AR.

You need a blank firing device. Basically plugs the barrel so that all gasses are blown back to cycle the bolt. Had them in the AF by the hundreds for exercise purposes......I'll see if I can find one now!

archer2

Just shove the barrel about 2 inches into the dirt.  Same effect.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#18]
How about one of those cheapie alarms that hang on a door knob and sound off when moved?
Tape one to the post down low and camo it to match the post in the dark.It should be loud enough to wake you,so you can flip on the lights and at least see who it is.
Video would be even better,when you go pay your local Commie headquaters a visit before you hand it over to the media,just make sure you get the Kerry bumpersticker on their car in the frame!

Funny,legal,and not gonna get you in any trouble or give ammo to the liberal press to use against you (and the rest of us!).

Robert.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top