Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:08:30 PM EDT
I cant stand this anymore. I cannot find a friggin home. I have needs which are not being met by this current market.

Lets all pool our money and buy a big house, it can be like a frat house or something.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:51:29 PM EDT
<===== also got Fvcked by the market.

I was completely outpriced.

Now I am in an apartment, ick.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:13:28 PM EDT
I'm in. Just imagine the arms room we could amass...

On second thought, maybe I don't want to be marked for destruction by the BATFE.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:34:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:44:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dace:
I cant stand this anymore. I cannot find a friggin home. I have needs which are not being met by this current market.

Lets all pool our money and buy a big house, it can be like a frat house or something.

You can buy some land on the big island of hawaii pretty cheap. Just made yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:06:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 5:07:22 AM EDT by Winston_Wolf]
... That's not that crazy.

... When I first ventured out on my own (about 16 years old) I couldn't afford shit for anything. Some friends of mine and myself decided to pool our resources and rent a rather large and expensive house. We each had our own rooms and a nice huge common area that we used to entertain and party.

... That actually worked out better than you'd imagine. We'd have young chicadees over all the friggin' time - could get laid any given night of the week if you wanted.

... Sure, there were some issues but for the most part the agreement was between fairly responsible types. At the time, we were the coolest bachelors in Mesa, everyone wanted to come over on the weekends. Obviously, the idea is extremely foreign to me now, but it was sure kickass fun in the 70's.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:00:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By El_Ron:
allmanufacturedhomes.com/html/assets/images/1958_Airstream_020705.jpg

El_Ron, my home is NOT for sale and you know it!

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:10:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jwrig:

Well, if that's how you feel about. But the buyers I represent are from California and have cash in hand now!. BTW, your place has excellent "curb appeal" and would be a pleasure to show.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 3:36:17 PM EDT by jwrig]

Well, if that's how you feel about. But the buyers I represent are from California and have cash in hand now!. BTW, your place has excellent "curb appeal" and would be a pleasure to show.

Cash, huh? Hmmm....

I've been admiring my neighbor's place for quite a while and if I could find a way to swing the deal......

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:52:10 PM EDT

Well, if that's how you feel about ...

... if I could find a way to swing the deal......

... That fact of the matter is; if those trees are healthy (and in AZ) that property is worth more than you'd probably guess!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:10:56 PM EDT
Sorry, WW. It's in Mississippi and might not even be there today.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:37:44 PM EDT

Sorry, WW. It's in Mississippi and might not even be there today.

Hang on to your dreams!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:52:14 PM EDT
Just wait for the market to crash. You'll be able to do some easy pickings from all those overextended people out there. You know, the ones with the 100k Mercedes, multi million dollar house with the interest only loans, yadayadayada.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:10:07 AM EDT
AIRSTREAM
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:10:49 PM EDT
I'm outpriced by the market too. I'm in a house, the market has gone way up, but to sell it means I'm moving way out somewhere else where I couldn't afford payments.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:11:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Robbie:
I'm outpriced by the market too. I'm in a house, the market has gone way up, but to sell it means I'm moving way out somewhere else where I couldn't afford payments.

... Briefly considered selling my home this past summer and backed out for roughly the same reasons. Beside, when I begin building my cabin up north, I do not want a mortgage payment at all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:13:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

... Briefly considered selling my home this past summer and backed out for roughly the same reasons. Beside, when I begin building my cabin up north, I do not want a mortgage payment at all.

Yeah, I bought a bike instead....hehe.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:17:17 PM EDT

... Cool, I built one
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:24:04 AM EDT
I found this little "gem" in N. Scottsdale on 1/35th of an acre...

1 br., 1 bath, Dish Sat. + security sys. & fenced yard - $475,000
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:06:27 AM EDT

... That's not that crazy.

... When I first ventured out on my own (about 16 years old) I couldn't afford shit for anything. Some friends of mine and myself decided to pool our resources and rent a rather large and expensive house. We each had our own rooms and a nice huge common area that we used to entertain and party.

... That actually worked out better than you'd imagine. We'd have young chicadees over all the friggin' time - could get laid any given night of the week if you wanted.

... Sure, there were some issues but for the most part the agreement was between fairly responsible types. At the time, we were the coolest bachelors in Mesa, everyone wanted to come over on the weekends. Obviously, the idea is extremely foreign to me now, but it was sure kickass fun in the 70's.

Sorry mon but that just made me snorfl my Dr. Pepper

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:08:52 PM EDT

... Cool, I built one

I saw the pics...very sweet indeed!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:03:04 PM EDT
The market's levelling off.

Let me know when you're tired of paying rent.

Steve Eacret
Keller William Integrity First Realty
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:07:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 7:07:54 AM EDT by napalm]
Hmmm... I purchased for ~$129,000 in 2002. Smaller houses in the neighborhood are now selling for ~$180,000.

I'm thinking I should sell right before the bubble bursts, rent for 6mos/1 year, then buy up one of the 'distressed' (we can't make the mortgage anymore!) houses.

Nothing quite like a ~$50,000 down payment. "Do you take....cash?"
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 3:19:09 PM EDT by sobrbiker883]

I'm thinking I should sell right before the bubble bursts

I could help you with that too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:12:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:
Hmmm... I purchased for ~$129,000 in 2002. Smaller houses in the neighborhood are now selling for ~$180,000.

I'm thinking I should sell right before the bubble bursts, rent for 6mos/1 year, then buy up one of the 'distressed' (we can't make the mortgage anymore!) houses.

Nothing quite like a ~$50,000 down payment. "Do you take....cash?"

Geez where do you live? Doesnt seem like much of an appreciation compared to other areas.

My buddy bought a house in anthem for $140,000 2 years ago and now houses up there are going for $230,000 plus.

I dont even want to bring up my parents house in Scottsdale.
Top Top