Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 8:11:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Jeff the only think i keep comming up with is like a cover over the benches. somthing to keep the weapons dry just incase sommebody wants to shoot in the rain. dont know how that would work. what time is everybody going get there to help? Ronald
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
humm 8. i fig if i leave at 7:30 should make it.you have know idea how much im glad you guys are doing this. well see you sat at 8am. i will do what ever i can to help. Ronald
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be there this saturday but I have to leave by 2pm, unfortunately a prior engagement will have to cut my time short.
I have checked into a car obstacle but the best I have been able to come up with is a semi-stripped pickup truck, no bed but all I have to do is tow it out there. Do we want it or should we stick with what the wrecker guy brings?
I will be driving my truck so I can carry a bit of cargo, Hkocher, I know you have a car and are near me so if you could use a bit if assistance in carrying stuff let me know. That goes for anyone in the St. Louis area.
Another idea, a small shed or some such to keep range equipment/supplies out of the weather.
Enough from me for now, lets hear from evreyone else.
See y'all this weekend...
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well it looks like I will be attending a wedding rather than having actual FUN, with everyone at CMMG.

Jeff, I will continue to amass steel targets galore ( including chain, etc.) at my job, and will get them out to you as soon as possible.

I wish I could be there to help...........AAAAARGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Regardless....

Glen I will get with you soon!

Dammit

Hopefully I will be back on Sunday.....which I will have to compensate for by going shooting.

Unless I can bring it out on Sunday!

If thats cool with you Jeff!

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeff, John, I'll be there, do you need me to bring any tools?  Got a couple of cordless drills/screwdrivers that run real good and plenty of bits.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna try to make it out and help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:03:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I can bring a table saw. I will also bring a sawzall and a circular saw. I will also have my truck and with it the inverter so we can operate 120AC tools downrange. What else do we need? Hammers, nails, screws, lumber, plywood, etc.?
Shall we make a list?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeff,
Well it looks like my plans have changed AGAIN!!! We are not going to the wedding thank frickin god, but Kelly is in rotation from 8-10am, so I won't be there till later. How late will you all be there?
I am gonna bring my steel and chain etc.

Do you think you will need an Oxy/Acetylene cutter? I can bring one if needed. As well as a small MIG.
Building steel structures would be easy for me, but I really don't have too much scrap for stuff like that.
I'll bring mt tools from work, so I'm sure there will be everything and more than we need there. I'll bring my cordless drill as well as a Sawsall, hammer drill, skill saw, and a bunch of extension cords and power strips.

Hmmmmm...what else?

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Jeff/CMMG

I will bring several basic tools.  Chop saw, hand saw, table saw, cords, a few good screw guns hand tools.  I think I have a box of deck screws and other odds and ends that will come in useful.  

I can definitely help with the moveable “wall” sections.  Check out the sharpshooters COFs at: http://www.sportshooter.com/cof_library/cof_index.htm.

I could build a couple of 8'X 3' table/benches to use until a more permanent structure is built?  I think I have enough material.

Brad  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Is anyone bringin a chain saw!!!HAHAHAHA!!!

Just kidding Jeff & John!!!!

Marshall
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]
ummmmmmmm

i can bring a hammer and a putty knife?!?!?!

or a cooler full of drinks and tongs for the grill??

are you still volunteering meat jeff, or will i be running to the walmart?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Well my boss gave up a huge amount of steel to the cause.
I have a ton, almost, of structural pieces ( flat frames, bar, angle iron) that can make tables, roofs, and reactive stuff as well.
I have all the equipment to make this all come together, I will need some help though. Like I said, my little truck will be loaded for bear this weekend and I will probably need a little help unloading and assembling.
Jeff and john, i will need your guidance as to what exactly you will want built. You may just look at it all and decide you dont need it, and I can just dump it all back at work if thats the case.
Youll be surprised at how much we can build with what i have.
I am gonna try and wrangle a ton of plywood outta him as well.
If any of you have welding skills I will need you , if not just a good set of hands and ears will do!!!
This is crazy fun!!!!

Marshall
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I've used a MIG before but I'm sure I'm not as good as you are.  I'll bring some thick leather gloves but I don't have a mask.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Will bring a cordless skillsaw, couple of screwguns, 16 penny nails, drywall screws, some hundred foot cords, hammers, and lumber of course.

See you guys there!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I will be coming from St.L and will be driving an older blazer if anybody needs to transport stuff. I also can bring anther table saw if needed(just let me know). Apparently its supposed to rain!! Whats the plan if it does?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a go also.  Do I need to bring the truck, or does it look like we have enough already?  What tools I have will fit in the car (man we gotta get a house), so I was planning on that otherwise.  

What time do all the St Looeee folks plan on leaving?  I'm guessing a two hour drive for me, so I was thinking around 7ish.

Like Marshall said, this is gonna be crazy fun
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, I will be there for sure with my brother and maybe my younger cousin.  I'm leaving from St. Louis around 7 or so.  I will bring some toys with me but no tools since I don't own any...  I am ready and willing to lend a hand wherever needed though, so will my bro.  

CMMG / Jeff, I'll need to get in touch with you about a couple of purchases before I get shipped out to Georgia.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Duke, no worries...I will have extra hoods, grinders, and oxy/acetylene goggles.

Anyone who will help is more than welcome.
I taught welding for 7 years so crash courses are in order!!! Heh heh heh!

I just may have run into about 10 or 12  4'x8' sheets of galvanized 25 gauge steel. They'de make a great roof for something!!! Or walls!!!
I hope I can get them all removed from the structure tomorrow!

Oh and if it does rain i'll have a pop up tarp thingie just like you had the shoot before last.    

Welding in the rain.....shudder!!!

Marshall
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Metalman, I have an old 120amp Trindl buzzbox but no sticks for it, it runs off of either 110 or 220AC. If you have some sticks you could bring I will bring it if you think an arc welder might make things easier.
Let me know...
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Actually Gary, I am not sure of the power set up out there so I figgered that the little 110 MIG I have will have to do (with a torch assist if needed for the thicker stuff!) .

I as well don't know the location of the 220 if they even have it available so that might limit  my ability to make BIG STUFF!!! I'm sure Jeff and John wouldnt want us welding in their kitchen or laundry room!!

Oh...and I dont have access to any welding rod...boss is a little tight with his expendables...but for all the steel he's givin me I really dont care.

I have a feeling breakers are gonna be POPPED!!!! Hee hee hee!!

Marshall
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey everyone -
I was able to snag a lot of crate material (plywood) from work today. We're going to pick it up tomorrow. More next week! :)
jen
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Duke, no worries...I will have extra hoods, grinders, and oxy/acetylene goggles.

Anyone who will help is more than welcome.
I taught welding for 7 years so crash courses are in order!!! Heh heh heh!

I just may have run into about 10 or 12  4'x8' sheets of galvanized 25 gauge steel. They'de make a great roof for something!!! Or walls!!!
I hope I can get them all removed from the structure tomorrow!

Oh and if it does rain i'll have a pop up tarp thingie just like you had the shoot before last.    

Welding in the rain.....shudder!!!

Marshall

I would love to get any instruction you're willing to give, as I'm cosidering welding as a career.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top