Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 7:37:49 PM EST
My first project... to assemble a M1 Garand...

All but three parts...

My first try at parkerizing

trigger group

Now wait until the fun show to get the last parts...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:43:34 PM EST
Good stuff tackling that project. I get so sick of the "no user serviceable parts" attitude of most folks these days.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:22:45 PM EST
Nice work, this is a tag to see the finished product later. Is this a restore of a complete rifle or a build?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:39:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dionysus:
Nice work, this is a tag to see the finished product later. Is this a restore of a complete rifle or a build?

I am putting this one together from parts. Got the reciever from the CMP the barrel from the trading board on the CMP forum (MW and TE both under 1 1/2) and the rest of the parts form DuPage in AZ. I am missing 2 parts to finish the rifle. I am hoping to get them at this fun show this weekend.

The two parts I am missing are... 1, the op rod catch pin and 2, the rear handgaurd. As soon as I get a spare 100 bucks I am going to spring for a new stock. I am thining that this will turn out nice and I will want a nice matching stock.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:40:02 PM EST
I have no idea what people to to refinish the gas cylinder. I thought I would try Barbecue paint. I think it looks OK but I don't know how it will wear...

I slid the front hand guard and the gas cylinder on the barrel to see how it would look

I hope that I can get the two parts I need at the fun show tomorrow and I can put this together!
Top Top