Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 1:10:42 PM EDT
If only other companies would follow their lead!

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/york-arms-cancels-all-its-new-york-police-orders/#axzz2KvrubcNd

York Arms Cancels All Its New York Police Orders
Published on Thursday, February 14, 2013
Tags:Boycott|Firearms Manufactures|Police Gear|SAFE Act|Shooting Industry News|York Arms

York Arms
Buxton, ME --(Ammoland.com)- Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York.
We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York.
As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
For “civilian” customers residing in New York: At your choice, we will:

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/york-arms-cancels-all-its-new-york-police-orders/#ixzz2L0ZYq6JD

I looked but did not see this as a dupe.  If I missed it please have the dupe police remove the post.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Firearm manufacturer Olympic Arms announced that they will no longer sell to New York law enforcement in protest of the gun control laws recently passed there.

http://www.guns.com/2013/02/14/olympic-arms-halts-sales-to-new-york-law-enforcement/
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Now if we can get the supplier of police handguns to follow suit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now if we can get the supplier of police handguns to follow suit.

That wouldbe a few... Sig Sauer, Glock, Smith&Wesson.  But I agree, that would be huge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Bravo
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
There are five companies as of yesterday….  two of which you've actually heard of.  

If I had a little obscure company (well… one that I actually wanted to draw attention to) I'd do the same thing. Free advertisement.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome keep it up. Glad to see companies saying bleep u NYS. I doubt there will be ammo for qualifications this year.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
AND ANOTHER ONE!

LaRue Tactical Issues New Sales Policy for State and Local Agencies
Earlier today, LaRue Tactical issued this press release.

NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2013 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

www.LaRue.com
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock, Sig and S&W do not have the ball to do this...

In other news, does sig actually make a decent handgun?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
HK!!!!!!!!!>Sig
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Sig 226 going on twenty five years.  Back then they were made in West Germany and were the best handguns being produced.
I do not know about their newer productions but I have seen their 1911 and it seemed like very good quality.
my2cs
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Six dealers/manufacturers are now on the list, plus Midway for ammo & mags:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Gun-Companies-To-State-Governments-With-Strict-Gun-Laws-No-Guns-For-You

It's a start.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I to would like to see the major handgun manf. get on board, but it's a start.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I sent York Arms a Email asking since we cant purchase there products to make shirts with the company logo on the front & "For LE/Govt customers in New York: Your orders have been cancelled" on the back to be able to show support

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sent York Arms a Email asking since we cant purchase there products to make shirts with the company logo on the front & "For LE/Govt customers in New York: Your orders have been cancelled" on the back to be able to show support

This is already in the works. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:10:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I  suggest  we  all  write  our  favorite  manufacturers  and  encourage  them  to  join  the  new  fight  for  freedom  from  these  fascists . I  have  already  begun . I  start  by  thanking  them
 for  bringing  a  good  product  to  market , and  then  go  on  about  how  none  of  us  will  have  a  yard  to  play  in if  the  libs  get  their  way .
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Glock has stated that they WILL NOT retool to make 7 rd magazines, thereby forcing the issue of a de facto ban on their products which are absolutely the most popular "common use" defensive arms in the country.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Glock has stated that they WILL NOT retool to make 7 rd magazines, thereby forcing the issue of a de facto ban on their products which are absolutely the most popular "common use" defensive arms in the country.

This  is  good . We  just  need  them  to  shut  down  the  LEO  supply  in  N.Y.   Something  to  be  remembered . . . I  don't  think  Glocks  parent  company  is  an  american  entity .  ( although
they  profit  largely  from  our  being  a  " free "  market . ) They  should  be  reminded  that  as  this  changes , so  goes  their  market .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top