Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 9:18:32 AM EDT
Be careful if you ride in vancouver!

www.koin.com/news.asp?ID=4235

Woman Accused Of Beating Motorcyclist
Aggressive Driving Allegedly Leads To Attack

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A stay-at-home mom is accused of beating up a motorcycle rider in a road-rage incident.

LambTwila Lamb and four motorcyclists she didn't know were reportedly driving aggressively around each other right before the attack.

While still on the freeway, the 46-year-old allegedly swerved to the right and struck a 24-year-old rider on his elbow with her side mirror.

Lamb followed them in her BMW, intentionally ramming a motorcyclist at an off ramp. Witnesses say she knocked the 23-year-old over his handlebars and onto the shoulder. She reportedly got out of the car and ran down a hill to attack the man. She ripped the side mirror off his bike and hit him with it.

Her husband, 56-year-old John Lamb, allegedly went down the hill and tackled the rider to the ground.

Neither rider was seriously injured.

The Lambs were arrested for assault, and the motorcyclists do not face charges.

Investigators say alcohol and drugs did not play a role in the incident.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Amazing, what people think is important. If I can slow down and let the lunatics pass, I do it. I try to remember that I was going somewhere before they showed up. Let the Reaper have them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Too bad she isn't one of the Million Mom Marchers. That would make a good head line. I hope she and her Hubby like to eat dry bolongia sandwiches because that's gonna be their new diet for a while!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Too bad she isn't one of the Million Mom Marchers. That would make a good head line. I hope she and her Hubby like to eat dry bolongia sandwiches because that's gonna be their new diet for a while!

NUTRALOAF, AROUND HERE THEY TOOK A PAGE FROM DOWN IN ORYGUN AND SERVE NUTRALOAF...SO I'VE BEEN TOLD, I'VE NEVER PARTAKEN, JUST HEARD STORIES....
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
What a Psycho.

Why do they focus on the woman if the hubby tackled and beat a motorcylist too?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

We like to catch the bad girls acting like bad men to highlight the fact that half of all domestic violence victims are male.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

We like to catch the bad girls acting like bad men to highlight the fact that half of all domestic violence victims are male.

wimps

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel like doing the same thing to all the moron bicyle riders in our area....

The motorcycle morons take care of themselves...the good ones survive, the idiots die..

Last week we had 4 MC deaths in 3 days, one guy went airborn on his bike showing off and hit a fire dept veh...DRT (Dead right there).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Last week we had 4 MC deaths in 3 days, one guy went airborn on his bike showing off and hit a fire dept veh...DRT (Dead right there).

That makes me want to get another MC.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#11]
DAMN WOMAN DRIVERS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
DAMN WOMAN DRIVERS!!!!!!

Was she driving?  I didn't even notice that... What was wrong with her pussy-husband that he isn't driving?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear ya!...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear ya!...

I got mine....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
That could have turned out much different.
I'd have to say the rider showed a lot of restraint. It doesn't say what type of bike he was riding, but I assume it was a sport bike. If he's in full gear, he's got quite a bit of protection  from blunt trauma.
A helmet makes a damn fine improvised weapon. The woman is lucky he didn't or wasn't able to beat the crap out of her with it.
Also, I wear these when riding:
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I wear these when riding:

Link fixx'd.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Any woman that can rip the mirror off the bike to beat me with deserves to be run away from. I'd be thinking survival and not self-defense at that point. Especially after hubby tackles you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I wear these when riding R-32:

Link fixx'd.

Fixt again!

ETA: My usual view of R-32:

Now go make me a sammich, beyotch!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

wimps

I bet she is a liberal democrat!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

wimps

I'm a CONSERVATIVE democrat....  just not liberal oppositional  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

wimps

Gottcha!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

wimps

Gottcha!

I was always a conservative democrat... nobody converted me, so enhance your calm.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]
 Man, If you ride anything on 2 wheels down here. You need to be careful people around here drive like freaks. I lost a close friend  in July that was riding a bicycle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a Psycho.

wimps

Gottcha!

I was always a conservative democrat... nobody converted me, so enhance your calm.

If you hang with these guy's long enough you'll change!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The motorcycle morons take care of themselves...the good ones survive, the idiots die..

I saw a Darwinian on I-405 south do 4 wheelies standing on the pegs between Beardslee Blvd and exit 18 in Redmond. Then I saw him do one more on the offramp. This was at 8 PM and traffic was not light at that hour.

I feel bad for the guys who will have to scrape what's left of him up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I hear ya....

Last week, the guy that hit the fire car, was dinking around on the Boeing Freeway,(shut down 526 and both directions of I-5 for that little stunt)  and another one got a pretty spendy trip to the Zoo (Harborview Medical Center) for doing the wheelies and stuff on the Marsh rd and SR 9.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a Darwinian on I-405 south do 4 wheelies standing on the pegs between Beardslee Blvd and exit 18 in Redmond. Then I saw him do one more on the offramp. This was at 8 PM and traffic was not light at that hour.

Unfortunately, a lot of morons ride bikes. I was driving to work in Renton on 167 awhile back, and had just moved to the middle lane when dome idiot on a brand new Yamaha R1 blasts by me at 100+. I didn't even see him until he was right next to me, and I could hear the exhaust. Just thought to myself, " your 400 lb bike vs. my 5800 lb truck, real smart..."
No wonder they want $2300 a year for liability insurance for my bike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, a lot of morons ride bikes. I was driving to work in Renton on 167 awhile back, and had just moved to the middle lane when dome idiot on a brand new Yamaha R1 blasts by me at 100+. I didn't even see him until he was right next to me, and I could hear the exhaust. Just thought to myself, " your 400 lb bike vs. my 5800 lb truck, real smart..."
No wonder they want $2300 a year for liability insurance for my bike.

Was down in FL for business last year and was interesting to see guys blast by at 100+ no shorts, flipflops, no shirt and no helmet.

As for the insurance...thats pretty high, my HD is only like 35 bucks a month for full....via geico
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#29]
i ride on the back so i have definetly become more observant of bikes on the road...

The other day though I saw an Excursion change lanes right into a bike on I5, didn't hit him cause he was paying attention, he then proceeded to drive around her to the driver's side and berate her through the window.  too scary.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
i ride on the back so i have definetly become more observant of bikes on the road...

The other day though I saw an Excursion change lanes right into a bike on I5, didn't hit him cause he was paying attention, he then proceeded to drive around her to the driver's side and berate her through the window.  too scary.

My dad told me that ppl TRY to run bikers off the road on PURPOPSE.  And if you have owned a bike long enough, you will come across one of these ppl... is that true?  Maybe I'm naive, but I want to believe that ppl are better than that...  I can see one or two bad apples in the barrel... but if EVERY biker experiences this at some point, it seems like more of an epidemic than a few isolated cases.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dad told me that ppl TRY to run bikers off the road on PURPOPSE.  And if you have owned a bike long enough, you will come across one of these ppl... is that true?  Maybe I'm naive, but I want to believe that ppl are better than that...  I can see one or two bad apples in the barrel... but if EVERY biker experiences this at some point, it seems like more of an epidemic than a few isolated cases.

My official opinion is that most people just dont know how to drive.  It isn't malicious in most cases, just stupidity.  Not checking your blind spot and all that jazz.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In california, it is legal for a motorcycle to pass between cars during bad traffic.  Among other reasons to allow bikes that are air cooled  to not over heat...anyways, My Ex's dad used to brag that he would open his car door if he saw one coming, to screw with them....nice guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top