Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/7/2003 5:26:57 AM EDT
I haven't heard much about it over the past few days, week or two more like it. Anyone heard anything?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:32:50 PM EDT
The override will be taken up in January, as the legislature is in recess now...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:45:11 AM EDT
Talked to Don Kingsbury (WI GOPAC) this weekend at the IDPA match down at Shooters in Racine - he claims that next week the Senate will begin their special session.  

The focus of this session will be a jobs bill but the Senate will get around to a veto override vote on SB214 - look for it to happen around the 22nd.  And of course due in no small part to the immense pressure people like us have been putting on our friends and families to write, phone, and e-mail the 4 key Democrats in the Senate (Wirch, Meyer, Lassa, and Decker), the prospect for a veto override in the Senate looks very good.

That leaves the Assembly.  They're not back in session until mid-January.  Look for a veto override vote there around the 26th.  Sadly, this gives Doyle way too much time to swoon the Dems in the Assembly with all kinds of money for pet projects in their districts.  They need to be watched closely.

Also, if all of the "RECALL DOYLE" groups out there would join forces and start the machine rolling in the form of petition work, the Anti-gun extremist that lives in the Governor's mansion in Madison (enjoying 24 hour armed security by the way), would have something else to concern himself with other than dousing the incendiary cries of the people of Wisconsin to GIVE US CONCEALED CARRY!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:56:58 AM EDT
Hey let me know when the next time you'll be at shooters for is and If I can I'll try to make it. I'd really like to meet more of you guys from the board, and shooters is close to my club so I'm there a good bit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:18:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
Talked to Don Kingsbury (WI GOPAC) this weekend at the IDPA match down at Shooters in Racine - he claims that next week the Senate will begin their special session.  

The focus of this session will be a jobs bill but the Senate will get around to a veto override vote on SB214 - look for it to happen around the 22nd.  And of course due in no small part to the immense pressure people like us have been putting on our friends and families to write, phone, and e-mail the 4 key Democrats in the Senate (Wirch, Meyer, Lassa, and Decker), the prospect for a veto override in the Senate looks very good.

That leaves the Assembly.  They're not back in session until mid-January.  Look for a veto override vote there around the 26th.  Sadly, this gives Doyle way too much time to swoon the Dems in the Assembly with all kinds of money for pet projects in their districts.  They need to be watched closely.

Also, if all of the "RECALL DOYLE" groups out there would join forces and start the machine rolling in the form of petition work, the Anti-gun extremist that lives in the Governor's mansion in Madison (enjoying 24 hour armed security by the way), would have something else to concern himself with other than dousing the incendiary cries of the people of Wisconsin to GIVE US CONCEALED CARRY!

Well, the special session didn't happen. Anyone know anything about the timetable now?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:53:44 AM EDT
From our pal Dick Baker:

Senator Zien has tentatively scheduled the veto override vote for the week
of January 12th, and Representative Gunderson is trying to get the assembly
vote on the same day, so that we can pack both galleries with supporters.

Now is not the time to be complacent. It's the time to fight tooth and nail.
We have the votes to override Doyle's veto. The key to winning is keeping
those votes. Governor Doyle is going to pressure some of those legislators
to flip-flop on their votes. We need to apply even more pressure.

Thanks,
The Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association
Top Top