Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 11:47:48 AM EDT
Not me.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got back. Had a good time with those who made it. It's the reason I hang out here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
not me, haven't had a chance to get online for a couple of days.....got on late this morning and wanted to kick myself!!!  R-32 just picked me up a bunch of ammo last weekend!  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got home from the union meting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
not me, haven't had a chance to get online for a couple of days.....got on late this morning and wanted to kick myself!!!  

You should just kick yourself anyway.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Took the Family and a neighbor's kid to CHURCH.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I was able to get out there. We had a great time. Spent about 2 hours there. Bunnyman's AK pistol is "da bomb".
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Classy barrel work on that eh paradox? We can still do that to yours if you want.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I was there with my cousin. <edited>The clientele was a bit sketcy/unsafe.  </edited>

Lots of gangbangers shooting off their ak as fast as they could. One guy went into 'mortar' style (i'm not kidding) with the AK. I was stunned and didn't know what to do.

There were also a whole bunch of  guys there who actually had a pair of really nice AR's. Hopefully none of them frequent here. They were pretty horrible about what they were pointing their guns at (there barrels were pointed at their friends constantly). I spent 2/3 of my time making sure nobody was pointing at me.  They also set targets up on above the hill so there was no backstop...

I'm really not sure what to do in situiations where unintelligent people are reckless, but I'm safe. If it wasn't crowded and it was just 1 or 2 people I would've said something, but both groups had 5-6 people...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was there with my cousin. Wasn't pretty.

Any of them speak Russian or French only?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh? :p
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm really not sure what to do in situiations where unintelligent people are reckless, but I'm safe. If it wasn't crowded and it was just 1 or 2 people I would've said something, but both groups had 5-6 people...

That is when I just pack up, I goto Arfcom shoots for the fun of being with friends, I have other options for safe shooting if need be.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a great time with some great folks. It looks like we got in and out before the retards showed up.

+1 on that G pistola DaBunny!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Had a great time with some great folks. It looks like we got in and out before the retards showed up.

I guess it was a good call to split at noon.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it was a good call to split at noon.

This was 2::30-4:00ish.

Normally I go early Saturday mornings and have only encountered good, safe shooters.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm totally sold on getting there early and scooting early. I've noticed that idiots tend to be a lazy, disorganized lot prone to not getting their act together before noon especially on weekends when they need to sleep it off.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm totally sold on getting there early and scooting early. I've noticed that idiots tend to be a lazy, disorganized lot prone to not getting their act together before noon especially on weekends when they need to sleep it off.

+1 on the tweekers & gangster wanna bee's sleeping in on the weekends.

I usually have the gf all to myself weekdays around 10:00 am.

I am not a big fan of being around a bunch of toolboxes muzzle sweeping everyone while they fumble around trying to remember how to operate their own firearm.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on the tweekers & gangster wanna bee's sleeping in on the weekends.

I usually have the gf all to myself weekdays around 10:00 am.

I am not a big fan of being around a bunch of toolboxes muzzle sweeping everyone while they fumble around trying to remember how to operate their own firearm.

+1 It's hard enough to stay safe even when we work at it. I don't think people who have a casual, inattentive attitude about safety and courtesy make good shooting partners.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Up at GF on Sunday for a later shoot, showed up around 4:00pm, 3 groups there, one group gangstas blasting with the AK's, one group swat vested pistol blasters and three target shooters with a bolt action .22. Nothing too crazy, we loaded magazines for the first 30 min or so watching everyone, by the time we were all loaded and ready the groups had begun packing up. Brought my roommate up to do a bit of shooting, he has never shot a gun before, handed him a "9" that's what he's always wanted to shoot. out comes mr. fricking movie star... then the realization of accuracy sets in and he slows down a bit. all in all he had a hell of a time, though he did jump when i yelled at him about keeping the muzzle down range, he has the whole body turn going on.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#20]
mainly go to the pit for group shoots, if I'm heading up alone (try not to) or w/ just one other person I stick to the weekday mornings, almost always nobody there. If anyone decides to go up for a quick/unplanned shoot and need a buddy to watch their back let me know, I live near SR 92
milepost 3,  so most of ya drive by me on your way there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Up at GF on Sunday for a later shoot, showed up around 4:00pm, 3 groups there, one group gangstas blasting with the AK's, one group swat vested pistol blasters and three target shooters with a bolt action .22. Nothing too crazy, we loaded magazines for the first 30 min or so watching everyone, by the time we were all loaded and ready the groups had begun packing up. Brought my roommate up to do a bit of shooting, he has never shot a gun before, handed him a "9" that's what he's always wanted to shoot. out comes mr. fricking movie star... then the realization of accuracy sets in and he slows down a bit. all in all he had a hell of a time, though he did jump when i yelled at him about keeping the muzzle down range, he has the whole body turn going on.

I think you got there right after we left

Me and Opesus saw the tac vest junkies who couldnt hit anything, The gangbanging AK thugs shooting "Mortar" style and even talked to the .22 blasters theyshot trap while we were there
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]
What Pit?

Waddell Creek?

Green Line?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#23]
too bad i had to work yesturday,sounds like a fun time.  i went today and  some ones been in cleaning the pit. it lookin alot better.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
ps, any one with days off during the week that like to go shooting.  feel free to email me
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Me and Opesus saw the tac vest junkies who couldnt hit anything, The gangbanging AK thugs shooting "Mortar" style and even talked to the .22 blasters theyshot trap while we were there

If there are individuals up there putting rounds above the berm into the trees or worse....above the tree line...it won't be long before that location is shut down.  People actually hike up there on the hill....one person getting hit or near hit....on private property and its all over.  

As I recall...KA3B had a conversation some time ago with the land manager who told him that if they start finding that people are using the trees as backstops (those trees are their cash crop) then it would also be shut down.

The time before last when I was up there...a group of shooters decided to start shooting clay pigeons...one of them whipped out the AK and took a couple shots...I wandered over and told him of the hazards of putting rounds in the air....and thats all it took.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You must have just missed us. We had 3 ar's (one with .22 conversion kit) and a Remington 700 .308....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there are individuals up there putting rounds above the berm into the trees or worse....above the tree line...it won't be long before that location is shut down.  People actually hike up there on the hill....one person getting hit or near hit....on private property and its all over.  

As I recall...KA3B had a conversation some time ago with the land manager who told him that if they start finding that people are using the trees as backstops (those trees are their cash crop) then it would also be shut down.

The time before last when I was up there...a group of shooters decided to start shooting clay pigeons...one of them whipped out the AK and took a couple shots...I wandered over and told him of the hazards of putting rounds in the air....and thats all it took.

I understand that people ignore signs, but waht do you guys think about putting up a sign in the middle of the pit (where everybody stands) listing general rules (pick up your trash, keep your gun pointed downrange, use the backstop) on it? Would it just get trashed?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Would it just get trashed?

/ShortRound/ You a funny guy /ShortRound

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I hope it doesn't turn out like sultan basin

www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/03/21/100loc_b1shoot001.cfm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top