Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/26/2005 8:49:56 AM EDT
I'll probably be coming to England sometime in January and might have an evening free if I can manage it.

I don't yet know if I"m flying into London or Manchester but I'll be staying around Hull during the week. I'm just curious where most of y'all live.

Cheers,
Observer
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:54:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 9:10:37 AM EDT by streetfighter]
I'm in E.London.

I read somewhere you spend time in Hull??
Not sure if any of us live up that way

Mark
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:09:17 PM EDT
Hull
I'd recomend full tactical attire..unfortunatly cs is not allowed here...hairspray will do
Don't stray from the path after sunset. Keep your wallet in your front pocket.

Good to go

Taffy

I'm in Wales
Get your ass over this way if you want the scenery and the coastline.
I don't get commision from the Welsh Tourist Agency...honest.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:39:01 PM EDT
Awww c'mon Taffy....wuddya mean, 'Ull's a lovely li'l town situated on a perfectly picturesque little river

I go there a few times each year for work and the downtown's not too bad if you keep out of the (many) crap areas. At least there are plenty of pubs to choose from.

In fact it was in Hull that I was propositioned by the first honest-to-God British streetwalker I've ever seen...merrily plying her trade at about 2 in the afternoon on a Sunday. "Hmmm..maybe Hull is a bit different after all."

I'd like to tour around a bit more but I haven't got the balls to hop behind the wheel of a car in the UK just yet. So for me it's only been stops along the main rail routes with public transport at the stops (York, Manchester, London, etc)

If I make it into London I'll let you guys know.

Thanks,
Observer
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:32:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Observer:

Thanks,
Observer

We'll be here
Will you be bringing Mrs Observer

Mark
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:23:09 AM EDT

Thanks,
Observer

Well, I'm not too far from Streetfighter, so I'm sure we can find something for you, if you get down this way.

Most UK ARFcomers are in the south and all up the west of the country, for some reason the north east is a bit light on "those who have seen the ways of the black rifle". We have one geordie, but he now lives in the south and spends most of his time in scandinavia (looking out for Bridget Nielson look-a-likes - he like the beatings)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:46:42 AM EDT
Speaking of me ^^^^^^^

I could try and get up north and go visit hull on the way, but it's always good to go shooting, and I don't know of anywhere I could shoot up there.

Mind, a pint wouldn't be out of the question :-)

Hull's MILES away though aint it??

Dave
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:59:14 AM EDT
West Cumbria, about 5 miles West of Mousegunner-UK............. just moved further out into the sticks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:42:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By streetfighter:

Thanks,
Observer

We'll be here

Mark

LOL! No she'd love to but unfortunately this is for work and on a tight schedule so I talked her out of coming...besides last time I left her alone during the day she spent damned near £500 on lingerie (though truthfully it was MUCH nicer than the stuff you get in the states).

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with y'all for a pint or three.

Cheers,
Observer

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:11:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By streetfighter:

Thanks,
Observer

We'll be here

Mark

LOL! No she'd love to but unfortunately this is for work and on a tight schedule so I talked her out of coming...besides last time I left her alone during the day she spent damned near £500 on lingerie (though truthfully it was MUCH nicer than the stuff you get in the states).

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with y'all for a pint or three.

Cheers,
Observer

Just don't get a haircut, if your avatar is anything to go by. I miss the Hair Bear Bunch,
Oo, Oo, Mr Peasley!
Top Top