Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:54:55 AM EDT
I use a couple of the local stores but I'm sure I'm missing some of the good ones.

I work out in east syracuse so if anything good is out this way that would be cool so I can go finger fuck stuff on lunch.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:15:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2011 10:16:27 AM EDT by fnub315]
Ra-Lin.. off of butternut..Not to good of selection...Gander Mtn in Cicero. Sometimes decent selection..Sometimes gander has a couple good deals on used handguns..And Tims guns in Eldridge.Tim's is a cool store...A good amount of inventory.. A little overpriced in my eyes but with a nice selection..
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:19:27 AM EDT
Tim's
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:19:07 PM EDT
I am friends with a retired deputy who has an FFL, so if I buy something online, it gets shipped to him. He is an absolute stand up guy.
Ra-Lin's, Gander, Tim's, and twice a year, the NYS Fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 3:46:48 PM EDT
Tim's. Really nice and they have always been willing to haggle on used gear. Only shop I go to in CNY since Dick's shooters supply went out (Owner was about the nicest guy you could ever meet).
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:10:13 PM EDT
If you are really interested in finger fucking something at lunchtime, might I suggest the area around Catherine and E. Willow St?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:07:58 AM EDT
Herb Phillipson's has some good prices. I have purchased a few guns from them over the years. Tim's in Elbridge is a great place to do business with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:30:59 AM EDT
I do go to Tim's a lot, I live right down the road, but other than ra lins or herbs I haven't been to many local gun stores.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:54:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 41magluva:
If you are really interested in finger fucking something at lunchtime, might I suggest the area around Catherine and E. Willow St?

Now thats just not right. Funny though

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:05:10 AM EDT
Anybody know if Butternut guns on Lodi is still open? Last time I drove by it looked like a scene from The Omega Man.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:11:46 AM EDT
well there is one not too far from work I'm going to check out sometime soon.

be nice to find someone that sells ammo at a good price so that I don't have to keep buying it online.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:03:35 AM EDT
I come all the way from east of Utica for TIMS, last handgun I bought was well under MSRP, and I bought Factory Glock 30 mags there cheaper than anywhere else!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:07:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Adirondack1:
I come all the way from east of Utica for TIMS, last handgun I bought was well under MSRP, and I bought Factory Glock 30 mags there cheaper than anywhere else!

tim and denis have always been good to me, I like them and their shop, its come a long way from where it was a few years back. I was just curious as to what other local shops guys use, never really hear anyone talk about any where else
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:42:10 PM EDT

Sir, doing that to guns will not cause your finger to "fall off" unlike what you're proposing from that part of Town.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:25:12 AM EDT
What is the address for Tim's?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:03:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ACDer:
Anybody know if Butternut guns on Lodi is still open? Last time I drove by it looked like a scene from The Omega Man.

I think he has very limited hours. It is an odd experience, going in there, but hey, look at the neighborhood! Last time I was in there, he had to turn on all the lights and put the dog away. I still had to use my flashlight to shop his wares. Mostly older stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:23:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ACDer:

I think he has very limited hours. It is an odd experience, going in there, but hey, look at the neighborhood! Last time I was in there, he had to turn on all the lights and put the dog away. I still had to use my flashlight to shop his wares. Mostly older stuff.

last time I was there, left with fleas from the dog. he used to have a great selection. haven't been there in quite sometime. he can be a miserable SOB.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 6:59:23 PM EDT by xhondastyle07x]
Elite Guns in North Syracuse on rt.11. Has a small selection currently waiting for inventory to arrive. Is a personal friend of mine and currently has mil-surp, ak's, ar's, curio and relic, belt feds, and other pre-bans. Will do builds. Has manufacture and import ffl classifications.

I copied his welcome message from the NYFIREARMS page:

How are you guys. My name is Sebastian and I am the Owner of ELITE GUNS. We are a Full GUNSHOP and have real guns and ammo. All my guns fire real bullets and are not toys. Some of you might know me from the this forum. I have bought several guns and sold some and try to be reasonable as I can when I deal with people. We are officially open now and our official business hours are

Tuesday-Saturday 11:00 AM ~ 8PM
CLOSED SUNDAY AND MONDAY but will open for appointments

410 South main Street,
North Syracuse, NY 13212
315-214-5075

I am am Firearms Manufacturer & Dealer. We buy, sell, FFL Transfers, Build and Finish firearms. Opening a shop was something that I was thinking about for a while but finally decided to go for it. Stop by and check us out. We are a very humble shop but I assure you I have things that you never seen before. We specialize in Pre-ban And "Assault" rifles and High capacity is my soft spot. I look forward to seeing you guys at the shop.... and for those who know me, WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET?
Top Top