Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 3:21:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:47:06 PM EDT
booger.....glad to hear that you are still thinking of us as we are surely thinking of you.

as for the shoot i am hoping to be ready as soon as tomorrow. but i am in agreement that later in september or early in october would work out great.

stay safe.
Brett
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:17:19 AM EDT
Well, depending on how things go for me, employment issues, I will plan on coming. Maybe I can convince some of the others in this area to car-pool. I think it would be great if David came back over also, he had some cool guns. As for what you brought booger, it was a great selection, and would be glad to see it again.

If I wasn't mistaken weren't there some other shooting areas that we didn't use? If they are too overgrown, maybe I can contact someone in the area to "trim" the grass so we could use them.

Thanks for what your doin' Booger, deep down I still want to be in the Military, but I won't give up my daughter for it now! Just be glad you're there now that it is startin to cool down. There were a few days in July 03 that were record braker's while I was overseas.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 3:16:23 PM EDT by booger-hooker]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:19:16 PM EDT
The crew here at Superior Arms is keeping busy pursueing new product. Uppers are very near to market. Flat Tops made in Iowa are very soon to be available. We are in the process of gearing up toward several other components as well, but I can't mention exactly what right now as they are too far out to predict reliably. We are planning on being at the late September Des moines gun show... so don't schedule the shoot for that weekend....I won't be able to make it. Other priorities prevented me from making the spring shoot, but I am looking forward to getting out to a central Iowa shoot next time. We did make it over to one of the Illinois arfcom shoots at Buffalo Rock and that was a good time.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:57:59 AM EDT
leo,

i look forward to meeting you at the fun show in september. maybe i might need a new toy project by then.

Brett
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:58:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:30:13 PM EDT
I'd really like to try to make it to a shoot, because shooting stuff is cool

Depending on where I'm at (home, basic training, tech school, dead, etc...) I'd like to try to go to the next one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:19:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:38:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 12:10:13 PM EDT by Sean_Galt]
Well, over here in Perry I have just tiger camo'd a stock using duracoat; I'm reworking my SKS to become the nicest norinco on earth (reblued, a bit of plating here & there, etc.) and am in the middle of refinishing (nickel) an old .38 S&W Iver Johnson 5-rd revolver, circa 1900 or so. Haven't had much range time this summer; did get an AR built, but now I am consumed with making a big chunk of rare hardwood into little chunks suitable for SAA & .45 auto grips. (Anyone local CNC grips? )
I also Duracoated the crummy wood on my 870 to a beautiful OD.
I hope eveything stays super-lame there, Kevin. Can't wait for another Iowegian shoot.

I need a building. as you can tell by my previous post, I get so much going on I can't keep it staright, and I'm not even close to being ready to pen up a shop or quit my job yet. Ugh. At least I have some WEB space.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:45:46 PM EDT
sean, you are just down the road from me. if you ever want to get together and do some shooting let me know. i am from jefferson. i just got a new pistol i need to put some rounds through sometime.

Brett
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:54:35 AM EDT
That would be quite cool. All I have to do now is get more ammo! Dropping another K on an FAL hee early next week, then back to the old Sportsmans Guide website for some more roundage.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:48:52 PM EDT
i have a few rounds laying around that need "disposed" of. i am kinda waiting till the gun show in dsm next month. i really never had a need to keep a lot of shells on hand until teh last 6 months......i cannot seem to feed the ar, the 1911 and the glock fast enough
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top