Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:27:58 AM EDT

What gives?  My wife just called to tell me that she is seeing "$30 limit.  Prepay inside" signs at the pump.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't call that rationing.  I can understand the prepay, but limits just cause people to go to other places thereby causing them to use more gas looking for gas.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Prepay and limit signs are just a gas station's way of saying "Paul, go fill up your gas guzzler elsewhere, we do not want your business".  So, that's what I do.  PLENTY of stations around that do not presuppose criminality and limit my commerce.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Prepay and limit signs are just a gas station's way of saying "Paul, go fill up your gas guzzler elsewhere, we do not want your business".  So, that's what I do.  PLENTY of stations around that do not presuppose criminality and limit my commerce.

If I could find ANY station around here like that, I'd surely fill up there. Nothing pisses me off more than when that bitch says on the speaker... "You have to prepay". Well maybe there are things that piss me off more, but not lately.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I paid $0.03 more a gallon this morning for gas just for that very reason.  To heck with them if they don't trust me.

Rick
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I paid $0.03 more a gallon this morning for gas just for that very reason.  To heck with them if they don't trust me.

Rick

Rick, I'm not surprised!  How are ya, long time no see/chat?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I could find ANY station around here like that, I'd surely fill up there. Nothing pisses me off more than when that bitch says on the speaker... "You have to prepay". Well maybe there are things that piss me off more, but not lately.

I haven't filled up at a station in years that didn't require prepay.  It has nothing to do with current events and everything to do with drive-offs.  I use my debit card to fill up, so it's never been a problem for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Here in the B'ham area, while it has certainly increased, pay first stations are still the minority.  I hope it stays that way.  I can think of many, MANY things that the pay first model could be applied to, using the same rationale the stations use, but you'll never see it any other place.  Why?  Cuz they gotcha by the damned nads, that's why.

Damn, but do I wish my truck burned pretzels, or newspaper, or political bullshit.  Anything but this damned gasoline!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't filled up at a station in years that didn't require prepay.  It has nothing to do with current events and everything to do with drive-offs.  I use my debit card to fill up, so it's never been a problem for me.

I forgot to comment upon this.  Ever wanted a coke, or some beers, also?  THAT is where the pay first really sucks.  2 transactions.  I won't do it.  No sir, I won't do it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rick

Rick, I'm not surprised!  How are ya, long time no see/chat?

Doing fine Paul, yep, it's been a while  TBS needs to have another cookout:)

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top