Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2008 6:55:23 AM EDT
When out of the blue, at 8:45am, we hear a pop, pop, pop, pop, pop...

Yeah, somebody got capped on a street corner no less than 100 yards from where we were working.  We had a bunch of kids working with us too.  Some of the people in the group didn't even hear the shots, some thought it was just fireworks, myself an a coworker knew immediately what it was.

I debated before I left in the morning whether I should stash a pistol in my bag, but I chose not to.  My license restrictions don't allow for me to carry anyway.  Felt pretty naked having no way to deal with a serious threat.

The police responded quickly; we had a cop in an unmarked cruiser at the park as we worked.  He quietly drove to the scene, and other police and paramedics responded with no lights or sirens either.

News 10 Now
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The victim was taken to Community General Hospital.  I wonder if Dick Van Dyke saw him

I guess that city has gone downhill quite a bit since the last of my fathers family left in the late 1960's and I last visited in 1974.  I remember Nedrow, Plymouth Church, Green Acres, I-81 construction, the farmers market and seeing his old house on Livingston Avenue.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Right in Syracuse thirsty?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, pretty much down the road from the AXXA buildings.

I guess no trip into the ghetto is complete without a genuine drive-by shooting.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I debated before I left in the morning whether I should stash a pistol in my bag, but I chose not to.  My license restrictions don't allow for me to carry anyway.  Felt pretty naked having no way to deal with a serious threat.

You have to love our liberal politicians. Glad you and the kids were OK.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yup, pretty much down the road from the AXXA buildings.

I guess no trip into the ghetto is complete without a genuine drive-by shooting.

Great right by my apartment then, depending upon which direction. I hate living there during the warmer months. The crime is non stop in that area
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top