Never heard of him..
Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
No mo JAFO...?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you fire JAFO?

Derrick quit the ATV forum so he could take JAFO's job?

Welcome, OdT.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome OdT,

You already know this can be a hard crowd, so Good luck.

JAFO, I would like to say Thanks for what you have done for the board, I know that sounds pretty lame from me, But I mean it. You have always been a damn good guy in my book.

Now I am even happier to say Welcome back, I like you better when no one is fighting with ya.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]

<------

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I knew this was coming.  I noticed there were no mods listed on the HTF main page, and one of JAFO's latest posts said "member" and had no avatar.  So I figured he either stepped down or was asked to.  Either way, it doesn't really matter.

SO, this is a fresh start for the WA HTF.  Let's make the best of it.  I would like to suggest the following, if I may:
1.)  Don't try to push the boundaries just to probe OdT and what he'll enforce or not enforce.
2.)  We don't need a lot of threads asking if JAFO quit or was fired.  It just doesn't matter, so let's leave it be.  A change has been made, that is all we really need to know.
3.)  If a thread is locked or moved, I would like to see a more descriptive reason.  I don't know if it is possible to get more comments on a moved topic, but if that is possible, it would alleviate a lot of wondering on the part of the other HTF members.  i.e.  the thread was moved at the topic author's request, etc.

OdT - With 175 posts in the last 4 1/2 years, I would say that some (maybe most?) of us hardly know you.  But you probably know more about us (the more active posters anyway.)  So you have us at a disadvantage.  How are we going to know what beer/booze/womenz you prefer in order to bribe you?    Anyway, welcome aboard.  I hope the cruise is a smooth one, but I do expect the occasional squall........

JAFO - Thanks for your service to AR15.com and the HTF.  I know the last few weeks or months have been rough.  Now you can sit back, relax and ENJOY the forums again from the sidelines.  Someone else gets to deal with the headaches now.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTL

Sorry to see JAFO go....Welcome OdT, and good luck!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I knew this was coming.  I noticed there were no mods listed on the HTF main page, and one of JAFO's latest posts said "member" and had no avatar.  So I figured he either stepped down or was asked to.  Either way, it doesn't really matter.

SO, this is a fresh start for the WA HTF.  Let's make the best of it.  I would like to suggest the following, if I may:
1.)  Don't try to push the boundaries just to probe OdT and what he'll enforce or not enforce.
2.)  We don't need a lot of threads asking if JAFO quit or was fired.  It just doesn't matter, so let's leave it be.  A change has been made, that is all we really need to know.
3.)  If a thread is locked or moved, I would like to see a more descriptive reason.  I don't know if it is possible to get more comments on a moved topic, but if that is possible, it would alleviate a lot of wondering on the part of the other HTF members.  i.e.  the thread was moved at the topic author's request, etc.

OdT - With 175 posts in the last 4 1/2 years, I would say that some (maybe most?) of us hardly know you.  But you probably know more about us (the more active posters anyway.)  So you have us at a disadvantage.  How are we going to know what beer/booze/womenz you prefer in order to bribe you?    Anyway, welcome aboard.  I hope the cruise is a smooth one, but I do expect the occasional squall........

JAFO - Thanks for your service to AR15.com and the HTF.  I know the last few weeks or months have been rough.  Now you can sit back, relax and ENJOY the forums again from the sidelines.  Someone else gets to deal with the headaches now.....

[Steve Martin]Weeelllllllllll Escuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Maeeeeeeeeee!!![/steve Martin]

Seriously, thanks JAFO! Welcome to the other side of the board.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#11]
JAFO - Sam's still a go?  

OdT who?  

Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do I picture JAFO cracking a cold one and laughing his ass off?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Hello Odt I'm glad to have met you & I welcome you too Moderator. I think you will do a good job here. If you will post your picture here, so I don't have to get it at the next LCR.

JAFO you also did a good job and I applaud you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

(ETA: is it just my computer, or are the animations not 'animated'? )
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's your computer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see them "animated."  I remember when I had "ad blocking" enabled on my firewall, it would stop all .gif animations too.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Plus the biggest one ever.

Well said Scollins.

JAFO  

OdT    
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Delete your temporary internet files and they should reanimate.

Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files.

Welcome ODT, it only took two years after first meeting you to find out that you were actually ODT.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#19]
So does this mean no more firewood at the shoots?  Or TWICE as much firewood at the shoots?

ETA:  ODT has contributed firewood to both shoots I've been to, and as I understand it, shoots previous to my un-trolling as well.  He also gave me some chew at the last shoot.  Good guy in my book.

-Mac
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
wecome ole one...will toast to yer promotion with a LARGE SHOTof BOURBON...and 22LR solute

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#21]
so I can come out of hidding now?j/k  JAFO THANKS FOR ALL YOUR UNAPRECIATED WORK  and WELCOME ODT!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#22]
SNS!  SNS!!!

Thanks to JAFO for putting his time and effort into being a board MOD.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I still moderate on a couple of boards, an aircraft board and a motorcycle board.
Go figure.

OdT, welcome to the jungle rain forest!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
IBTL

Sorry to see JAFO go....Welcome OdT, and good luck!

where did Jafo go??????
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Ahhh, now I understand. JAFO finally figured out Mod'ing is like herding cats. Staff found a new sucker Mod. And here we are. So are we back to talking about guns and our suck governor yet?

Welcome OdT.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi, will the touching rules finally be enforced?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#28]

I've been saving this one for a while.

DD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top