Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2011 7:41:19 AM EDT
...so it shall be done.

This song comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXC_lab-34

Thank you Governor Walker. There is now a glimmer of hope that Wisconsin will turn the corner on a long road to recovery.

Forward.

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...so it shall be done.

This song comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXC_lab-34

Thank you Governor Walker. There is now a glimmer of hope that Wisconsin will turn the corner on a long road to recovery.

Forward.

I feel like I just got a Christmas present.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The Republican party was founded in WI.
It feels good to be from Wisconsin today!
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It is like an early Christmas present.  Hooray for Wisconsin!
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Now we need CCW.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
congrats to walker finally someone in the political world who actually has some balls to follow thru  thanks scott
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now we need CCW.

Considering what's going on in the Capitol now... I bet they wished they'd passed CCW FIRST.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now we need CCW.

Considering what's going on in the Capitol now... I bet they wished they'd passed CCW FIRST.

They'd better do it soon. With the remote possibility that some Repub recalls might succeed, we'd get screwed again if the Dems retake the Senate. I know it's a small risk, but after what's happened in the past, I feel like Murphy's Law has got it out for CC in WI.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now we need CCW.

Good point and whether or not they thought of it yet –– I bet a few of the repubs would prioritize after thinking about that idea for a minute.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now we need CCW.

They'd better do it soon. With the remote possibility that some Repub recalls might succeed, we'd get screwed again if the Dems retake the Senate. I know it's a small risk, but after what's happened in the past, I feel like Murphy's Law has got it out for CC in WI.

CCW better be the first damn thing on the agenda when they get back into session.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald issued a statement today.

Nice.

"Today, the most shameful 14 people in the state of Wisconsin are going to pat themselves on the back and smile for the cameras. They're going to pretend they're heroes for taking a three week vacation."

"It is an absolute insult to the hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites who are struggling to find a job, much less one they can run away from and go down to Illinois –– with pay."

"Their appearance at the Capitol today is in direct violation of the contempt order issued by the state Senate earlier this month, and it proves their absolute disregard for the institution of the Senate and the constitution they took an oath of office to serve."

"But the people of Wisconsin won't forget what they were really doing these past few weeks."

"Sen. Tim Cullen refused to come back to save 1,500 jobs."

"Sen. Mark Miller refused to come back even to make sure his own staff were safe in the Capitol he abandoned."

"Sen. Fred Risser refused to come back out of respect for the institution and dignity of the state Senate."

"Sen. Bob Jauch refused to come back even though our side was negotiating in good faith to try to find a reasonable compromise."

"Sens. Jon Erpenbach, Chris Larson and Lena Taylor were all too happy to pat themselves on the back and smile for the cameras in Illinois, never mind their constituents here in Wisconsin."

"And Sens. Dave Hansen, Kathleen Vinehout, Tim Carpenter, Spencer Coggs, Jim Holperin, and Julie Lassa refused to come back to actually do the job they were elected to do."

"To the Senate Democrats: When you smile for the cameras today and pretend you're heroes, I hope you look at that beautiful Capitol building you insulted. And I hope you're embarrassed to call yourselves senators."

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nice.

"Today, the most shameful 14 people in the state of Wisconsin are going to pat themselves on the back and smile for the cameras. They're going to pretend they're heroes for taking a three week vacation."

"It is an absolute insult to the hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites who are struggling to find a job, much less one they can run away from and go down to Illinois –– with pay."

"Their appearance at the Capitol today is in direct violation of the contempt order issued by the state Senate earlier this month, and it proves their absolute disregard for the institution of the Senate and the constitution they took an oath of office to serve."

"But the people of Wisconsin won't forget what they were really doing these past few weeks."

"Sen. Mark Miller refused to come back even to make sure his own staff were safe in the Capitol he abandoned."

"Sen. Fred Risser refused to come back out of respect for the institution and dignity of the state Senate."

"Sen. Bob Jauch refused to come back even though our side was negotiating in good faith to try to find a reasonable compromise."

"Sens. Jon Erpenbach, Chris Larson and Lena Taylor were all too happy to pat themselves on the back and smile for the cameras in Illinois, never mind their constituents here in Wisconsin."

"And Sens. Dave Hansen, Kathleen Vinehout, Tim Carpenter, Spencer Coggs, Jim Holperin, and Julie Lassa refused to come back to actually do the job they were elected to do."

"To the Senate Democrats: When you smile for the cameras today and pretend you're heroes, I hope you look at that beautiful Capitol building you insulted. And I hope you're embarrassed to call yourselves senators."

Amen brother!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nice.

Meh, more finger pointing. Whats new.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

so you believe in them running away form their duty as a senator?
for the better part of a month?
they claimed to run away to "read the bill". that should take but a few days. not a few weeks.
what union do you work for?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

they claimed to run away to "read the bill". that should take but a few days. not a few weeks.

Whats funny is that because I am not a nuthugger, you somehow believe I must be a full blown Democrat and defend all of their actions like others here do with Republicans.

It is pretty jaded to think one party is fully right and the other is fully wrong.

Plenty of bullshit between both parties.  But just keep listening to these asshole politicians banging their political war drums, they like followers.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

Whats funny is that because I am not a nuthugger, you somehow believe I must be a full blown Democrat and defend all of their actions like others here do with Republicans.
It is pretty jaded to think one party is fully right and the other is fully wrong.
Plenty of bullshit between both parties.  But just keep listening to these asshole politicians banging their political war drums, they like followers.

like usual, you did not answer my question.
were the 14 democrats who fled to illinois doing their duty as a senator?
yes or no?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

yes or no?

No.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

yes or no?
No.

Nuthugger. lol that's funny. So if someone agrees with Walker we are nuthuggers. How rich.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

yes or no?

No.

Nuthugger. lol that's funny. So if someone agrees with Walker we are nuthuggers. How rich.
I wasn't talking to you unless that was your troll account.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.

yes or no?
No.

I wasn't talking to you unless that was your troll account.

lol. sad
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Ah... more of the "I'm conservative too... BUT", or "I think they're ALL crooks!", and  "I really think the Republicans are screwing the pooch, and will get us another four years of Zero!" type of posting we've seen so much of over the past few weeks.

At least the union goons and their useful-idiots who've spent the past few weeks using Capitol as a toilet have the balls to wear their true colors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top