Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:04:04 PM EDT
First time to go to a REAL skeet shoot. Golf with a shotgun is what their sign says, and it was. i loved it. I hardly ever shoot skeet, but after today i am going to do alot more. i heard there are nicer places to go, but this place seemed awesome to me. It is over by Edmond if you haven't been. they have 2 courses, 23 stops in all, nice layout. bring your own golfcart or rent one for $10. we brought our rhino, but it is easier to pay $10 than load up the rhino and gas it up.

Also it is $32 for both courses, if you play by the rules and shoot the par it is 50 rounds per course, they were kinda slow today, i shot about 200rds just goofin off.

here is the website
www.oksportingclays.com/

try it out sometime if you need something to do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:17:32 PM EDT
Jim Jolly and his wife have run the place for over 7 years that I know of. Great people and a great facility for shooting sporting clays. It will definitely make a better shotgunner out of you.
Of course, lots of big time shooters there with $2000+ overunders. Mostly 12 ga.
We always used 20 ga semiautos - more challenging that way.
It's definitely a good place to go for a weekend shotgun shoot. It covers all types of shotgun shooting, left to right, vice versa, rolling on the ground, straight aways, coming toward you,
crossing shots, etc. It ain't easy but definitely worth doing if you are a shotgunner!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:30:16 PM EDT
Only shottys I have access to are 2-12guage bolt action goose guns with about 3 ft barrels....lol...... and an 18" barrel side by side. I haven't really ever been big on shottys except in first person shooters like DOOM. And for home defense, like my old mans side by side.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
+1 on the many different ways they throw the clays. i will be going again soon!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:21:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RatTerrier:
Only shottys I have access to are 2-12guage bolt action goose guns with about 3 ft barrels....lol...... and an 18" barrel side by side. I haven't really ever been big on shottys except in first person shooters like DOOM. And for home defense, like my old mans side by side.

Rat, I grew up hunting with my father and brother. An old bolt action Mossberg 20 ga was all a poor service man could afford. I was never much on shotguns until we started bird hunting after Dad got out of the military.
A good bird gun is something you should have. Two shotguns cover all my needs. A 12 ga 870 express, 28 in barrel and 20 in slug barrel, and a 20 ga Franchi auto for doves, quail, and sporting clays. My son eats my lunch with a shotgun. I've seen him shoot a double on Canadians with his 20 ga while us "big boys" with 12 ga and 10 ga magnums didn't hit squat. He was 12 at the time, now 26.
Taking your son to shoot sporting clays ain't cheap but is worth a whole lot when they get older.
Shotgunning is a "gentleman's sport" and like golf and tennis, may help a young man gain better employment when they get older. No kidding!
Top Top