Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 7:47:31 PM EDT
Yep,i have started carrying again,i forgot how uncomfortable it can be.However as the day wore on i didn't notice as much.I did find my self pulling up my belt and adjusting the holster.I think i may try a IWB holster.I thought everyone knew,even though they didn't.Went to lunch at a korean restaurant outside atlanta near brandsmart.Left it in car at brandsmart for some reason,don't know why.Then went to hh greg and tried some mattresses,which was interesting as the salesman was there watching.All in all a pleasant day out.It will take some time but i feel it is better to do than not,it would suck to say if only i had not left it at home.

ETA post 200 woohoo.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It's definitely difficult to try mattresses while carrying.  My wife and I did that when we bought our bed.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried to change a tire yesterday for a lady while carrying...I had to disarm and give it to my wife while I worked, b/c my shirt kept riding up over the grip...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I too started carrying again about 2 weeks ago. Saturday I spent the day with my 17 y/o son. We went to the Macon mall and then to see the movie The Dark Knight. Even after sitting for over two hours my G19 in the blade-Tech IWB caused no discomfort.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a cross bread IWB super tuck.  I carry a G33 with it.  I have had it on all day and my wife never noticed it until she put her arm around me.  that is with shorts and a T-shirt so I think that's pretty good.

I have also taken some long car trips with it and had no discomfort issues.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]

I generally forget I am wearing the P232 in the smartcarry.  I am on my second holster, I will buy a third when this wears out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
On the rare occasion that I don't carry I really miss my weapon.  Like forgetting your watch and you feel naked without it.

Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On the rare occasion that I don't carry I really miss my weapon.  Like forgetting your watch and you feel naked without it.

Mrs.Monk

Amen, I feel the same way. when I went to the airport last time i was afraid to even leave it in the car. Normal day the odds of being searched are quite low but that day was a little different. I felt absolutely horrible until I got home, didn't want to stop anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I tried to change a tire yesterday for a lady while carrying...I had to disarm and give it to my wife while I worked, b/c my shirt kept riding up over the grip...

In Georgia, that's perfectly legal.  Unlike some other states that tout themselves as being more gun friendly, we don't have to worry about "printing" or someone seeing the gun.  We can even open carry with a GFL, if you so desire.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Georgia, that's perfectly legal.  Unlike some other states that tout themselves as being more gun friendly, we don't have to worry about "printing" or someone seeing the gun.  We can even open carry with a GFL, if you so desire.

I wasn't worried so much about being illegal...just didn't want to freak out any of the folks going in or out of the restaurant. Oh, well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top