Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 9:21:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say, but better them then us.  But I think we are going to have a repeat of Isabell by the end of the season.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#2]
All I know is that bitch is going to make me work long hours for the next few weeks.  The OT will be good though.  Might be able to fund that lower tanker is working on.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It's gonna suck and blow at the same time.

If the "SuperDome" fails, and it might, expect casualties in the THOUSANDS.

The good people of New Orleans are about to experience a true SHTF event. I HOPE they are prepared.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Latest projections as far as we're concerned sounds like it'll go up the Ohio valley, so all we might
get, if anything, would be a bit of rain. If it swings this way, it might get ugly.... remember Isabelle?

Prayers out for the folks of New Orleans, it's about to get really ugly. Like Bulldog said, I hope that
they're prepared....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
And that isin't all.

Oil will open on the market tomorrow at $70-$75 a barrel.  As the storm rolls on shore expect $85-$90 a barrell.

Bet gas hits $3.00 a gallon by Tuesday.  I just filled up with cheap $2.65 a gallon gas.  Might be the last time we see those prices for a while.

I hope that the National Guard is geared up to evacuate all those traped in NO especially those in the Super Dome.  Its going to be a long time before they see fresh water.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers for all those in the path/area of the storm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, you don't think it's headed this way?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:33:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh, you don't think it's headed this way?

The Weather Service is saying that we'll probably start catching thunderstorms off of this tomorrow
some time. It all depends on how fast it starts breaking up and which way it veers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just filled up with cheap $2.65 a gallon gas.  

Something just does NOT sound right about that statement.

I hope those stuck in this bitch's path stay as safe as possible.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Latest projections as far as we're concerned sounds like it'll go up the Ohio valley, so all we might
get, if anything, would be a bit of rain. If it swings this way, it might get ugly.... remember Isabelle?

Greeeattt.

I just moved here. To a basement apartment. Near a creek.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Greeeattt.

I just moved here. To a basement apartment. Near a creek.

you are .  Get some sandbags now in preparation.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Just heard this from WKRG TV in Mobile Alabama -

55 Dead in Gulf Port Miss. mostly in one Apt. complex.

Gulf Port beach front in very bad condition.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top