Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 12:06:40 PM EDT

One of them is REALLY incompetent, but I hear the same of the other.
Are there ANY local banks with their acts together???
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ive never had a problem with BofA......
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Banks piss me off. I use my credit union and get great personal service and VERY competitive rates.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My parents had problems with Wells Fargo when they first came into town. They kept buying the banks my parents were at and then screwing them some way. My parents would switch and then it would get bought by them again. After like 3 times they stayed with Wells Fargo because they didn't have a problem. They have only had 1 problem with them since and it was corrected. I have used them for like 6 years now without issue.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I had problems wit BofA, so Iswitched to Well, and all is Well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]

I've used Nevada State Bank since '99 with no problems, and alot of branches in Smith's.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevada State Bank, or Community One Credit Union
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#7]
WAMU
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]
US Bank. I work and interact with almost all the banks in the valley, BoA is anal, WFB is way to disorganized, USB is just a happy median. They have branches EVERYWHERE (I travel alot and have never gone anywhere in the US that didn't have at least one USB around). NSB is starting to get there, but they are still fairly local to here and Utah (they call them Zions Bank out there). Bankwest, Bank Of The West, Community Bank, etc., etc., are all just too small locally for my tatses. Just a tip, go with a real bank branch, the bank-marts almost always have really high turnover.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had problems with BofA, and Wells Fargo both in that past.  I'm with USBank now, and couldn't be happier.

Not to mention I get my Harley Davidson Check card too... LMAO
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Another satisfied Nevada State Bank customer here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
I've noticed the brand new WF's in the NW part of town are being built with bulletproof glass installed. I am going to ask the branch manager next time I'm in one that does have it if they have a "plan" on what to do during a robbery. BF glass isn't what I want to see in a bank.

Safe for them BAD for you.I'm for BofA my self. They can be found all over pretty easy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
You can become a member of CCCU (Clark County credit union) by calling them and telling them you heard about them on NPR radio, they then have you give a tiny donation to NPR and your in -great rates and great service.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks, all; some great leads here. I hate ending a 15+ yr relationship with a financial institution, even when they continue to "pile on" reasons for doing so.....I'm inclined to further research NFCU, CCFCU, and WAMU at the moment; some of these others are just too big for their britches. Done business with many listed; even more not mentioned.
Maybe my tolerance for incompetence is declining along with my years. Loyalty to people (individuals - doctors, lawyers, dentists,friends, etc) is sacrosant, tolerable; but severing these ties are still difficult.......(damn my lazy old bones)
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Silver state myself.

Last I heard Wells Fargo is a big liberal douche
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
WAMU
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Nevada State Bank member here, We have a business and they have always been good. They messed up a deposit one time, and had the money in my acct the next AM. Easy to work with and they dont have insane fees.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't speak highly enough of Clark County Credit Union!  I ahve been with them for 7 years now and NEVER, repeat NEVER had a problem and the rates are among the best.  Thet are opening more and more branches also so it's getting even easier to swing by when you need face-to-face banking.  

If you can get a membership, go CCCU and you won't regret it.  

Hell, go with any credit union.....I stay away from banks as they are "for profit" and you will not get as good of rates for that reason alone.  Service is always better in a credit union as an added bonus.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top