Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 1:07:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 1:09:13 AM EDT by GodBlessTexas]
This makes four! As everyone keeps telling us, we must be crazy! Sorry I haven't been around much, but work decided to block the board, and I've been too busy at home to do much of anything except help take care of kids. Anyway, we welcomed Thomas Wilton II on July 14th at 8:40 in the AM after a lot of false starts spread out over the month previous to his birth. He was born one day after what would have been his dearly departed grandfather/my father/his namesake's 72nd birthday. I'm sure my dad would have gotten a kick out of having a white/blue eyed namesake all his own if he were here. Thomas is a cute little guy, and very aware of his surroundings. We had him at home, just like our last one, with just my wife and myself. Labor was just shy of 2 hours, and my wife was up and around shortly afterwards. I'll have pics shortly, but I need to try and get back to sleep. I'm trying to cool down after our 17 month old just peed on me in the middle of the night after he woke up screaming demanding a diaper change and decided my side of the bed was a little too dry. Needless to say, I'm searching for another spot to sleep. Do you think 29 is too old to sleep in one of the kid's bunk beds?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:01:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 4:02:02 AM EDT by CockedandLocked]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:14:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:43:01 AM EDT
Congratulations! LOL and STAY DRY!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 8:44:57 PM EDT by GodBlessTexas]

Originally Posted By CockedandLocked:

Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas:
Do you think 29 is too old to sleep in one of the kid's bunk beds?

With four kids already ........... dont ya think its a bit late for that ?????????

Probably.

Oh and you DO KNOW what causes that dont ya ???

Yeah, and we're good at it!

BTW Congrats, better you than me

Thanks. Kids are awesome. My 6 year old daughter wants to participate in everything I do. I was fixing some stuff today, and she made it very clear she wanted to help with the drilling, bolting, and other stuff. She told me last week that she really wants to learn how to shoot so she can go to the range and hunting with me. I've never made my hobbies a priority for my kids, so it did my heart good.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:46:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

Congrats GBT.

Plan working on the 5th one?

Well, this is where my wife and I diverge. While we both believe that children are a blessing from God, I think four is more than enough for us to handle, and I don't think I have the constitution to handle more than that. My wife, on the other hand, thinks God will give us as many as we can handle. See my previous point.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, but I'm not planning on having any more kids at this point. Then again, the first and fourth weren't planned, and they've truly been blessings, so only time will tell.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:49:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Makarov_Mami:
Congratulations! LOL and STAY DRY!

Thanks. I'm doing my best to stay away from bodily fluids at this point, and so far I've been successful. Then again, my wife says that with two in diapers my chances of being exposed are pretty good and I should just man up and deal with it. Sometimes I regret marrying a Marine's daughter.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:01:30 AM EDT
Top Top