Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/23/2006 1:35:03 PM EDT
I figured since I was in downtown Cleveland, I should stop in and ask about the CCW thing I posted here. (The thread about someone using my info, and he was a felon).....I went up to records, and they ran me through the computer and said nothing came up......then they ran the moron who used my name through, and nothing came up...... Now, I KNOW he has some  felonies.....so NOW WHAT? should I try to get  my CCW anyways, and just see what happens?....Does the county Sherriff have a crappy database?....what gives? I want to enroll in a CCW class, but don't want to get embarrassed by having another NICS denial..........
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and take your CCW class and get your passing paper, and get it over with and done.... then submit copie of the NRA certificate (not the original) along with your CCW application  stuff to the county.  

If there is a problem, it'll get held up or whatever until straightened out...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
some places of employeement  require a back ground check by the local p.d.  nothing shows up because they run you locally.  then low and behold when you get run by the federal law enforcement they get hits on out of state problems.  there are pay to play web sites that you can go to that will give you info on all convictions a person may have. spend the money.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I figured since I was in downtown Cleveland, I should stop in and ask about the CCW thing I posted here. (The thread about someone using my info, and he was a felon).....I went up to records, and they ran me through the computer and said nothing came up......then they ran the moron who used my name through, and nothing came up...... Now, I KNOW he has some  felonies.....so NOW WHAT? should I try to get  my CCW anyways, and just see what happens?....Does the county Sherriff have a crappy database?....what gives? I want to enroll in a CCW class, but don't want to get embarrassed by having another NICS denial..........

I  found out that I spelled the moron's name wrong......But still, when the Sheriff ran me through the computer, he said nothing came up....so I guess I will enroll in a class, and when the time comes, if there is a problem, I will handle it as needed....Thanks everyone.....SemperFi!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The Sheriff's CCW person told me to check with the localities that arrested the moron, and see what they could do......so on Monday I went to Brooklyn PD and  they basically said I was screwed...........They said that since he was still breathing, and could possibly have some of my info memorized,  there is no guarantee that he won't use it again.........They did tell me that it seems like he only used my DOB and name,  not my SSN........so  that's a relief......I imagine that Cleveland will have similar news.......my  question now is this.....IF I open a VAF with NICS, which I am really apprehensive about, will it solve most of my problems?......as far as CCW permit and FFL purchases go?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
This thought just came to mind, pay a couple hundred bucks to a lawyer and sue the the hell out him for infringing on your rights as a United States Citizen. Go obscene in the amount you're asking for also.You'll probably never see any of the money (if I'm correct your were underage when he did this). Being a civil lawsuit it would have to show on the court record.  Seeing this sumbitch squirm in a courthouse would be at  the very least a several hundred to me even if I lost the case(an attorney might take it for free if it would suit his career) . I do believe I said once you will need an attorney for this, even Mr. Bartlett in Tipp City needed one to correct the wrong against him, he had somebody from the Governor's office helping him, and some good it did him until he stood up and fought legally back. Talk to an attorney and start a shit storm. Corrective action is needed in your case in the worse way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I am just going with the VAF  at NICS, at least until I have my CHL and my next two purchases done. Shit, Imay skip buying the guns through the FFl, and go private.....the only thing is my FFl gives me 90 days layaway, so I can make payments.....I want to get a SOCOM and a .45 but surely don't have $2k to spend all at once, (the wife would shit)....but I can squeeze in the payments.......thats how I got the AR.......put it in layaway, and paid for it in 3 wks........this asshole will get his........the cops already have his number, and they know that I AM NOT HIM.....so he'll be up shit creek next time he tries to use my name.....and , no , Predator611, I wasn't underage....I was in my mid 20's,when he did this, but the cops basically said that since he didn't try to use my info for FINANCIAL gain, I really couldn't do anything legally to him.........aint that a bitch?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top