Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 5:28:31 PM EDT
We put an offer on a house, but that isn't my question...I am thinking of borrowing my Dad's trailer for taking trash to the dump and eventually moving. Will I have problems using an out of state trailer here?

Thanks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We put an offer on a house, but that isn't my question...I am thinking of borrowing my Dad's trailer for taking trash to the dump and eventually moving. Will I have problems using an out of state trailer here?

Thanks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

No, as long as it is properly registered.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, not sure if South Carolina requires trailer registration...I will have to find out.

Thanks!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry Byte, an up to date tag is what registered means.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hmmm, not sure if South Carolina requires trailer registration...I will have to find out.

Thanks!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

We don't require that in SC.  1/3 of all cars are uninsured.  And we have the highest rate of trailors per capita in the nation.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And we have the highest rate of trailors per capita in the nation.

Behind Alabama.

Oops.  Wrong trailer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And we have the highest rate of trailors per capita in the nation.

Behind Alabama.

Oops.  Wrong trailer.

Ouch

I guess they weren't talking 'bout tornado magnets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

We don't require that in SC.  1/3 of all cars are uninsured.  And we have the highest rate of trailors per capita in the nation.

Ok, so I am hauling stuff around in a borrowed trailer with no plates because the state it lives in doesn't require them...am I gonna get stopped and or a ticket? I know the lights work cause I fixed them on my last trip.

Maybe my Father-in-laws trailer has plates...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've got a 5'x9' trailer you could borrow if you want.  I also have your holster.  

Hmmmm, I might take you up on that...I was looking for you Sunday...had cash in my pocket...not enough for the holster, but there was a bank nearby.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I know.  I got stuck at home.  Let me know if you want the trailer.  I might be able to make it this Sunday.

Or was it Mrs.BookHound that got stuck...I am gonna burn in hell...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You want the pictures?  

Do you even really have to ask?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, so I am hauling stuff around in a borrowed trailer with no plates because the state it lives in doesn't require them...am I gonna get stopped and or a ticket? I know the lights work cause I fixed them on my last trip.

Maybe my Father-in-laws trailer has plates...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Most likely.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

You sure?  As of 2001 when I left SC I only had to have tags on my trailer if I was going out of state.

(BTW Byte, Ga would be out of state in this case  )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top