Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:40:51 PM EDT
How many so called legal "assault weapons" are in illinois? How many of these weapons kill people each day?

Perhaps if enough people chipped in to buy ad space in the states major newspapers... We could put up a tally each day of how many legals guns were used in the commision of a crime. Possibly even a comparison between auto deaths and gun deaths by legally obtained firearms. (I'm putting my $ on the auto deaths)

I figure why not use the gun-grabbers tactic against them? Something that is in their face every day everywhere they turn. After all... isn't that what they do to us?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:50:58 PM EDT
There has to be tens of thousands of legal 'assault rifles' in IL. I can't seem to recall any being used in the commission of a crime in the last few years.

This is a pretty good idea. I'd chip up some money for ad space in the Chicago Tribune and Suntimes. Of course I'd want a nice looking, non-provocative ad stating simple verifiable facts.

I'm in for $10 if we can get a nice mockup of the ad and some dates put together.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:15:11 PM EDT
I'm in.
I wonder about the ISRA? This should be right up their ally..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:40:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:25:18 PM EDT
I'm in for some too great idea.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:03:14 PM EDT
yeah, i'm unemployed now, but i'll chip in...

this will be a reverse of what the antis pulled in florida - trying to scare away tourists as a punishment to the floridians who wanted a personal response to crime.

good idea.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:50:33 PM EDT
Great idea, I would chip in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:58:26 AM EDT
I'll send an e-mail to the ISRA and see what they think.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:26 AM EDT
I can put a 100 to it.

Also what would be nice to add is that if our Mayor Daley and our Governer put the time and effort they put into trying ban guns that will not fix anyting based on facts into fixing the education system there would be more people employed and less gangs because of being employed and more people not dependent on the state!

At least something to that respect anyway!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:46:30 PM EDT
WOW! I can't believe what ad space COSTS!

We may need help with this one...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:16:33 PM EDT
I read a stat in Soldier of Fortune magazine that doctors kill more people a year than our legal guns. Also their has to be more than tens of thousands of military sporting arms. R guns of carpentersville told me that he sells 30 to 40 DPMS ar-15 recivers a day. Id guess in the hundred thousands, do you think if this ban goes through, their be alot of WACOS in Illinois?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:33:02 PM EDT
R-Guns sells on the internet I do not think they sell that many to locals!

Ad space is really really expensive!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DrJekyll:
I read a stat in Soldier of Fortune magazine that doctors kill more people a year than our legal guns. Also their has to be more than tens of thousands of military sporting arms. R guns of carpentersville told me that he sells 30 to 40 DPMS ar-15 recivers a day. Id guess in the hundred thousands, do you think if this ban goes through, their be alot of WACOS in Illinois?

I only have a .22 and a .38.....and the .38 is my Dad's

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:17:06 PM EDT
No no wacos my dear - we are all reasonable law abiding citizens - who will, like sheep, or if you will, lemings, follow the law wholeheartedly down a cliff.

Reminds me of a saying once told to me by an old jewish guy: it goes something like this, forgive me if its off a tad, but the gist is more important and the context you will know whence it came:

"A catholic priest saw them take away the disabled, and no one said anything. Then they came and took away the Jews, and no one said anything. Then they came for the priest, and no one was left to say anything."

Like Ciph says, time to speak up (a nice ad is a good idea) before there's no one left.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:25:09 AM EDT
Need to get some business's involved! If there is a good salesman here, maybe talk to many manufacturors in the state to chip in! I would think its in thier benefit also! Unless they are already planning for an escape!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:04:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 9:47:32 AM EDT by patriot73]

Originally Posted By PCGuns:
Need to get some business's involved! If there is a good salesman here, maybe talk to many manufacturors in the state to chip in! I would think its in thier benefit also! Unless they are already planning for an escape!

I will be happy to handle purchasing the ad space. I have done it for years, I run a business.

Who would like to call....
Armalite
DSA
Springfield Armory
LMT
M&A Parts
Les Baer

I will personally speak to D&J Guns for their involvement if we get this rolling.

I do think that a print ad campaign will be very ineefective. I think purchasing billboards on the expressways would be more effective. The ad would have to be bold and catch peoples attention and make them think the second they see it.

Something like the old picture with Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot sitting together with the tag line
"The experts agree, gun control works." Perhaps put Daley's picture sitting with them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:11:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By patriot73:
Something like the old picture with Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot sitting together with the tag line
"The experts agree, gun control works." Perhaps put Daley's picture sitting with them.

Any ad campiagn that includes a picture of Hitler and Daley is not going to be very effective.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:30:46 AM EDT
Sounds like a good idea, I would support it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:35:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tim84K10:

Any ad campiagn that includes a picture of Hitler and Daley is not going to be very effective.

I see your point but I disagree. We need to be as extreme as they are. We need to evoke thought. We need to awaken the sheep. There was an American propganda poster during WW1 in which a girl was sleeping on a pile of hay and it read "Wake up America." I agree depicting Daley next to Hitler will create outrage, but it will make people think once they calm down.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:41:26 AM EDT

I agree depicting Daley next to Hitler will create outrage, but it will make people think once they calm down.

No it won't. It'll just make the anti's say that we've reached a new height of insanity and reduce public support for the private ownership of firearms.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:44:06 AM EDT
It sounds like a good idea. We could have a list of "Little known gun facts" #1 could be that Chicago Aldermen can legally carry guns. I'm sure there are other anti-gunners that legaly pack heat because of their office.

What about coordinating with JBT so we can give her some cover for standing up against the AWB (so far).

Another issue is would a Chicago paper take an ad like that? They don't have to and I doubt they would.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:19:12 AM EDT
I think a better analogy than autos is alcohol because there is far less justification for drinking than cars and drinking does not require insurance and registration the way that cars do. It would take away a few arguments they could make if used cars.

We could talk about how drunk driving causes vastly more deaths than any type of guns. We could also twist one of their favorite arguments and say how the only purpose of alcohol is to kill brain cells. We could argue that if they really cared about the children they should be seeking prohibition instead of an assult weapons ban.

PS- I am in no way against alcohol. I just think it would be a great way to highlight their hypocrisy in a way that does not make us look too extreme to the sheeple.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:31:48 AM EDT
This is byfar the best idea to date! how about some billboards along the expressways into and out of the city. I'm in for a "C" note. If this gets organized. ISRA?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:41:32 AM EDT

[Something like the old picture with Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot sitting together with the tag line

I like this idea.

Whether it's something like this, or a newspaper ad, count on me to contribute.

Tag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:54:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 7:57:01 AM EDT by PCGuns]
Anyone here know of anyone in Advertising? It would be good to know someone in the business, and maybe some connections to the billboard people!

I absolutely love the Hitler Stalin Daley idea but I think at this point we do not need to go so far even though I totally agree it! We need to be on the edge of being extreme because if we go to far at first it may come back to haunt us, if the bill passes then I would say gloves off and nail them! I can almost guarantee you that the papers would not print and ad with Daley ,Hitler and Stalin on it.

We need to say short to the point facts on things against Daley and his puppets.

Thats my 2cents you can count on me to contribute on any all ideas!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:06:00 AM EDT
How about telling them the truth. That Daley and the liberal court systems arent putting away the criminals. The guy from the first shooting bought the guns illegally fron an undercover ATF agent. I actually read that in the sun times. So obviously Their not geeting the crminals off the srteet their, attacking us. How many legal semi-auto guns were used in crimes this year. None, how many guns shops sold guns to gangs bangers, none , so lets just get the facts out thier, in the papers and if we are cocnsistent about it and not so extrerme looking ,just sticking to the facts with a little bit of attacking Daley and the socilist liberals well get some where .
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:28:36 AM EDT
Dr Jekyll ,I'd like to see the article. If that is true about the ATF supplying the gang bangers that is big. There should be an all out investigation. How dare they say we law abiding citizens are the problem if they are doing this! They must have an agenda for wanting to disarm the people. Micro dictatorships all controlled by whom?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:44:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By handyandy:
It sounds like a good idea. We could have a list of "Little known gun facts" #1 could be that Chicago Aldermen can legally carry guns. I'm sure there are other anti-gunners that legaly pack heat because of their office.

What about coordinating with JBT so we can give her some cover for standing up against the AWB (so far).

Another issue is would a Chicago paper take an ad like that? They don't have to and I doubt they would.

Publications can deny any ad they want. I like your idea of teaming up with JBT Andy. She needs to know that we will not sell her down the river. I like the gunfacts idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:45:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PCGuns:
Anyone here know of anyone in Advertising? It would be good to know someone in the business, and maybe some connections to the billboard people!

I absolutely love the Hitler Stalin Daley idea but I think at this point we do not need to go so far even though I totally agree it! We need to be on the edge of being extreme because if we go to far at first it may come back to haunt us, if the bill passes then I would say gloves off and nail them! I can almost guarantee you that the papers would not print and ad with Daley ,Hitler and Stalin on it.

We need to say short to the point facts on things against Daley and his puppets.

Thats my 2cents you can count on me to contribute on any all ideas!

John, you and Tim84k10 are right. The Hitler/Stalin thing may freak people out. I forget sometimes everyone isn't like us. I love bissful ignorance
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:47:57 AM EDT
These are all good ideas, nothing like winnowing ideas to see what's best.

1) I think the hitler idea is a non start - its what gets us fired up to speak up - its ok for us, not the left leaning public who need to be educated (See Brazil). I think the Jews for the Preservation
of Firearms Ownership organization can pull that ad off without getting burned though!

2) I wonder what the pros did in Brazil to turn the tide in a huge way! That'll be a great start - anyone have any contacts with the NRA or someone who was involved?

3) Anyhow - something with the gist that encompasses the following: "what have chicago democrats done for the people in the south side and west side, except take your votes" . Remember that personal attacks will get us nowhere (hitler/daley comparisons) - democrats try that with republicans and get nowhere - gotta attack their agenda.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:44:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 10:44:48 AM EDT by patriot73]

Originally Posted By gsghellokitty:
These are all good ideas, nothing like winnowing ideas to see what's best.

1) I think the hitler idea is a non start - its what gets us fired up to speak up - its ok for us, not the left leaning public who need to be educated (See Brazil). I think the Jews for the Preservation
of Firearms Ownership organization can pull that ad off without getting burned though!

2) I wonder what the pros did in Brazil to turn the tide in a huge way! That'll be a great start - anyone have any contacts with the NRA or someone who was involved?

3) Anyhow - something with the gist that encompasses the following: "what have chicago democrats done for the people in the south side and west side, except take your votes" . Remember that personal attacks will get us nowhere (hitler/daley comparisons) - democrats try that with republicans and get nowhere - gotta attack their agenda.

Are you a lady? I'm guessing so, if you are I will say yes Ma'am I agree. If you are a dude, I apologize. But if you are a dude, you got a weird member name.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 1:21:04 PM EDT by PCGuns]
This would be the gloves off billboard: This would piss some people off!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:52:17 PM EDT
Actually, Hitler lifted gun control among German people except, you know, Jews and other who were declared as public enemy. JPFO can declare that for special reason, but it is not a good idea for others to follow, though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:57:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:12:05 PM EDT
A Good Article

This article tells us about the mentality of most anti-gun supporters. A very good reference and maybe the key to overturn many disillusioned minds.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:31:12 PM EDT

Actually, Hitler lifted gun control among German people except, you know, Jews and other who were declared as public enemy. JPFO can declare that for special reason, but it is not a good idea for others to follow, though.

Farmers and such were allowed to have shotguns but only the Germans who were oficially in the Nazi party were allowed to have pistols and such firearms!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:45:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Just_Charlie:
A Good Article

This article tells us about the mentality of most anti-gun supporters. A very good reference and maybe the key to overturn many disillusioned minds.

That was awesome.

Thanks

JR
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:19:57 PM EDT
Thanks, I think I need to study a bit more on the topic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 6:21:16 PM EDT by gsghellokitty]
"Are you a lady? I'm guessing so, if you are I will say yes Ma'am I agree. If you are a dude, I apologize. But if you are a dude, you got a weird member name."

Well... GSG for Grenz Schutz Gruppe 9 (you know GSG9) and well Hellokitty - J-Pop culture. Actually I got this name cause the thought of a cute little cat armed to the teeth is hilarious - and yes I'll be the first to admit its weird - cough cough er counter-intuitive.

FYI: Im a guy with most of my teeth in place last I checked
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:16:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gsghellokitty:
"Are you a lady? I'm guessing so, if you are I will say yes Ma'am I agree. If you are a dude, I apologize. But if you are a dude, you got a weird member name."

Well... GSG for Grenz Schutz Gruppe 9 (you know GSG9) and well Hellokitty - J-Pop culture. Actually I got this name cause the thought of a cute little cat armed to the teeth is hilarious - and yes I'll be the first to admit its weird - cough cough er counter-intuitive.

FYI: Im a guy with most of my teeth in place last I checked

Okedokee then
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:31:29 PM EDT
+1 lets keep this idea alive - maybe add a poll or something Ciph
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:29:10 AM EDT by Ciph]
Well no reply from the ISRA or the Nat. NRA as of yet. I'll send some e-mails to the state gun manufacturers this evening.

As far as the hitler comparisons and such, that would make us no better than the libtards who compare him to bush. What I had in mind is akin to the truth ads. As a smoker myself (many attempts to quit ) these ads really get me aggravated. I guess that is what I had in mind originally. Perhaps even to look like an anti-gun ad only to end up like a pro-2nd ad.

Also I was looking at the NRA Grassroots site and thinking on talking to these folks. If anyone makes a contact with them please reply so we don't bug the crap out of them (yet)
Top Top