Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2014 5:54:47 PM EDT
Lady claims I can't register my 2 pistol barrels. Says the receiver needs to registered, i.e. The pistol itself. I told her my friends have recieved forms back, approved that are just for pistol barrels. I try to explain that it's clearly written that parts can be registered. And if I did register my pistols could I carry them if they had non-threaded barrels put in them. She put me on hold and came back to say she thinks that would be ok. I said no way. She goes on to say she'll talk to her sergeant and call me back tomorrow.
She was nice, said she has never been asked the question about carrying a registered AW pistol with a regular barrel?? Really, never.... First fucking day?? I was as nice as I could be. But, no way am I gonna register 2 pistols because these people can't read the law. My inner asshole will be on call tomorrow waiting to pop out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a mess......I love these laws.  It all depends on which state employee gets a hold of your papers.  Thats exactly what should be expected from our shit show of a government.  Each of us gets treated unfairly because none of them know exactly what to do.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lady claims I can't register my 2 pistol barrels. Says the receiver needs to registered, i.e. The pistol itself. I told her my friends have recieved forms back, approved that are just for pistol barrels. I try to explain that it's clearly written that parts can be registered. And if I did register my pistols could I carry them if they had non-threaded barrels put in them. She put me on hold and came back to say she thinks that would be ok. I said no way. She goes on to say she'll talk to her sergeant and call me back tomorrow.
She was nice, said she has never been asked the question about carrying a registered AW pistol with a regular barrel?? Really, never.... First fucking day?? I was as nice as I could be. But, no way am I gonna register 2 pistols because these people can't read the law. My inner asshole will be on call tomorrow waiting to pop out.
View Quote

tried the same thing

didnt have time that day to talk so i just said ok
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with Det D'Matto<--? back in January, about the same issue. If i had a thrdd bbl for my g23, my daily carry with factory bbl would need to be locked in car unloaded. When I get out, in Walmart parking lot, the state wants me to load my firearm out in the open (loaded firearm a no no in vehicle so I couldn't do it there). He understood the issue and asked what bbl I usually kept in pistol, I said the non-threaded and he said not to worry about registering it
I asked about registering the bbl and he said, "Why would you want to do that?".
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spoke with Det D'Matto<--? back in January, about the same issue. If i had a thrdd bbl for my g23, my daily carry with factory bbl would need to be locked in car unloaded. When I get out, in Walmart parking lot, the state wants me to load my firearm out in the open (loaded firearm a no no in vehicle so I couldn't do it there). He understood the issue and asked what bbl I usually kept in pistol, I said the non-threaded and he said not to worry about registering it
I asked about registering the bbl and he said, "Why would you want to do that?".
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
InB4 No-Knock
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
InB4 No-Knock
View Quote

Don't worry. I don't have a dog! Their not coming.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice

We have documented examples of certs issued for threaded pistol barrels and denials for threaded pistol barrels....

Fucked up shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice

We have documented examples of certs issued for threaded pistol barrels and denials for threaded pistol barrels....

Fucked up shit.
View Quote

Sounds like the atf and CT DPS have been hanging out
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#9]
You see how these laws frustrate the public to give up the gun culture. It's working as planned.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
This sounds alot like a good basis for a lawsuit.

Quoted:
Nice

Fucked up shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You see how these laws frustrate the public to give up the gun culture. It's working as planned.
View Quote

No giving up here!

Number 5, that's the one I'll be reading over and over and over to them on the phone today. We already have the exempt class, we don't need another class some with threaded barrels and others that got denied.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No giving up here!
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/E71DA679-CA48-4C7B-BFA3-7F0F8C867DD2_zpss3j9na03.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/E71DA679-CA48-4C7B-BFA3-7F0F8C867DD2_zpss3j9na03.png</a>

Number 5, that's the one I'll be reading over and over and over to them on the phone today. We already have the exempt class, we don't need another class some with threaded barrels and others that got denied.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No giving up here!
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/E71DA679-CA48-4C7B-BFA3-7F0F8C867DD2_zpss3j9na03.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/E71DA679-CA48-4C7B-BFA3-7F0F8C867DD2_zpss3j9na03.png</a>

Point them to the actual language of the law:

Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definitions. As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive:

(1) “Assault weapon” means:
(F) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (E), inclusive, of this subdivision, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (E), inclusive, of this subdivision, may be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Be sure to point out to the State Police that they don't have the statutory authority to offer their opinions on the law; only to accept your registration.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#16]
They don't care about what the law says, they care about what they want to do. I think they want as many guns registered as possible, regardless of what the law says.

You want to SBR a pre-ban? Well then you have to register it.

You want a threaded barrel on your pistol? Then you have to register your pistol.

The letter of the law doesn't matter here, they are the gatekeepers. They tell you what you have to do and they'll arrest you if you don't obey. What is written on paper doesn't matter. They know the judges will back them up no matter what if it ever gets that far, but it likely never will get that far with one of the cases where DESPP is making up the rules as they go.

Our only hope is to take the CCDL case all the way to SCOTUS and have this shit-bag law overturned.

Oh yeah, one more example.

Want to transfer your firearm to a trust? Just do it and pretend it isn't a transfer. We won't approve the transfer, but we won't press charges either. We only care who has possession, not ownership. Unless of course we change our minds later and arrest you for doing what we told you to do at the time.

Fucking nut bags.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They don't care about what the law says, they care about what they want to do. I think they want as many guns registered as possible, regardless of what the law says.

View Quote

It should be noted that it is the ATF that is saying you have to register the preban SBR and not DESPP when one goes to create SBR from a preban.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It should be noted that it is the ATF that is saying you have to register the preban SBR and not DESPP when one goes to create SBR from a preban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They couldn't possibly have picked up a phone and talked to each other?

At this point they both know what the law states, yet they both are working toward having people register their pre-bans. I guess I'm just a conspiracy theorist.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Be sure to point out to the State Police that they don't have the statutory authority to offer their opinions on the law; only to accept your registration.
View Quote

When I spoke to them about my rejection, they had done so after first clarifying my registration submission with me, and then consulting their lawyers.  Whoever their lawyers are...... Djc you know these guys?

I made it clear on the phone both times that my registration was of conversion parts that would otherwise construe intent if I had ever acquired another gun that the TB could fit into.   Then the guy went all cop on me and started questioning why I would want another
Gun it could fit Into.  Because it's a legal configuration otherwise and none of your business!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

At this point they both know what the law states, yet they both are working toward having people register their pre-bans. I guess I'm just a conspiracy theorist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are not a conspiracy theorist.  But that is a ridiculous premis.

The laws are simply mutually incompatible.   You might as well be trying to comply with California and Zimbabwean gun laws at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a call about my threaded barrel registration back in January. I went as far as engraving a serial number on it.

I told the detective I was under the impression that a part can be registered. He said he would call me back. I checked online and found the language quoted above. I called his office and left a message reading the law verbatim. He never called me back.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got a call about my threaded barrel registration back in January. I went as far as engraving a serial number on it.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/lostman518/F8550908-EECB-48A5-BB68-D4ECA3F7BFE8-10227-00000B79F44A3590_zps8a4f4f9d.jpg
I told the detective I was under the impression that a part can be registered. He said he would call me back. I checked online and found the language quoted above. I called his office and left a message reading the law verbatim. He never called me back.  
View Quote

So, you got it back approved, I'm guessing. That is just one more person that has been approved. I can't wait for my call back....maybe I won't get one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The laws are simply mutually incompatible.   You might as well be trying to comply with California and Zimbabwean gun laws at the same time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mutually Incompatible? So since ATF considers it making a new firearm, and CT considers it an AW, then nobody can make an SBR regardless of AW registration because making a new AW is not allowed in CT?

That would suck but it would be a consistent application of the law. That is not the case though, ATF is approving SBRs as long as they're registered as AW's. Furthermore, creating an SBR clearly is not creating a new assault weapon because it was allowed under the old CT AWB and under the old FEDERAL AWB. That was the same jurisdiction as the ATF and they were allowing people to create SBRs. Clearly they were not letting people make new AWs when they were banned federally.

They are making people jump through the hoop of registering their pre-bans even though they know it isn't required. Clearly they are helping CT get as many guns registered as possible regardless of the legal requirements. Any other interpretation of the situation ignores the fact that ATF is allowing SBRs to be made in CT at all and allowed them under the federal AWB as well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mutually Incompatible? So since ATF considers it making a new firearm, and CT considers it an AW, then nobody can make an SBR regardless of AW registration because making a new AW is not allowed in CT?

That would suck but it would be a consistent application of the law. That is not the case though, ATF is approving SBRs as long as they're registered as AW's. Furthermore, creating an SBR clearly is not creating a new assault weapon because it was allowed under the old CT AWB and under the old FEDERAL AWB. That was the same jurisdiction as the ATF and they were allowing people to create SBRs. Clearly they were not letting people make new AWs when they were banned federally.

They are making people jump through the hoop of registering their pre-bans even though they know it isn't required. Clearly they are helping CT get as many guns registered as possible regardless of the legal requirements. Any other interpretation of the situation ignores the fact that ATF is allowing SBRs to be made in CT at all and allowed them under the federal AWB as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucking clue man..  Point is that you need to get two enforcement agencies to agree on their own set of poorly written laws to find common ground permitting you a basic right.   Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So since ATF considers it making a new firearm, and CT considers it an AW, then nobody can make an SBR regardless of AW registration because making a new AW is not allowed in CT?
View Quote

No. Prebans ARE assault weapons under CT law its just one isn't required to register (obtain the certificate of possession) for it. CT doesn't care at this point once a firearm is an AW so long as its either preban or its been registered. The ATF on the other hand, because they treat creating a SBR as creating a "new" firearm, they are asking for the 'certificate of possession') to ensure the firearm you want to make into an SBR is legal in the state of CT. As was previously stated CT is not preventing one from creating a SBR from a preban. One simply has to go to DESPP and apply for the 'certificate of possession' for that preban then submit that document with the rest of your SBR paperwork to the ATF.

There is some speculation somewhere here that post ban SBR's would actually not be affected by the laws post 4/4/13. Cannot remember exactly why but I'm sure those more knowledgeable may chime in to explain why.

Edit to add: CT as I think was explained earlier doesn't define what an SBR is or care how one is created, rather SBR falls under federal definitions and laws.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#28]
And this is complete opposite to before the POSL.
The ATF would let you register an SBR with a bbl length of >12" knowing it would be considered a Salty Pistol.
They could care less if you were conforming to CT state law, but all of a sudden they are concerned............
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And this is complete opposite to before the POSL.
View Quote

Yep. They decided to reinterpret the state laws post 4/4/13 in much the same fashion as DESPP did on banned by name prebans. Bad news/good news kind of thing. Bad what the ATF did, good what DESPP did.

Very possibly ATF was so confused by the post 4/4/13 laws (as many were) they simply threw their hands up and said fuck it, give us the CoP even if preban and even if we didn't require it prior to 4/4/13 just to ensure the SBR can be legally possessed in CT
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So, you got it back approved, I'm guessing. That is just one more person that has been approved. I can't wait for my call back....maybe I won't get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/lostman518/F8550908-EECB-48A5-BB68-D4ECA3F7BFE8-10227-00000B79F44A3590_zps8a4f4f9d.jpg

I never said I got it approved. I have yet to get my papers back.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No. Prebans ARE assault weapons under CT law its just one isn't required to register (obtain the certificate of possession) for it. CT doesn't care at this point once a firearm is an AW so long as its either preban or its been registered. The ATF on the other hand, because they treat creating a SBR as creating a "new" firearm, they are asking for the 'certificate of possession') to ensure the firearm you want to make into an SBR is legal in the state of CT. As was previously stated CT is not preventing one from creating a SBR from a preban. One simply has to go to DESPP and apply for the 'certificate of possession' for that preban then submit that document with the rest of your SBR paperwork to the ATF.

There is some speculation somewhere here that post ban SBR's would actually not be affected by the laws post 4/4/13. Cannot remember exactly why but I'm sure those more knowledgeable may chime in to explain why.

Edit to add: CT as I think was explained earlier doesn't define what an SBR is or care how one is created, rather SBR falls under federal definitions and laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So since ATF considers it making a new firearm, and CT considers it an AW, then nobody can make an SBR regardless of AW registration because making a new AW is not allowed in CT?

So..if I am reading you correctly, a pre-ban stripped receiver or even a pre ban complete rifle...lets say a 20" barrel....does NOT have to be registered with the state as a AW after the FFL transfer is complete.??
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So..if I am reading you correctly, a pre-ban stripped receiver or even a pre ban complete rifle...lets say a 20" barrel....does NOT have to be registered with the state as a AW after the FFL transfer is complete.??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct it does not have to be registered (certificate of possession) so long as it was manufactured prior to 9/13/94. Out of curiosity why did you think they, "prebans", had to be registered? The state law has long (since roughly 2001) been clear on this issue:

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements. Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a of the general statutes, revision of 1958, revised to January 1, 2013, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.

Edit to add: Note that when people here say "registered" they generally are referring to the 'certificate of possession' (Assault Weapon Certificate Application - DPS-414) one has or had prior to 1/1/14 to obtain for so called assault weapons manufactured after 9/13/94. The DPS-3-C form is a separate form that gets submitted to the state and other entities for every single firearm transfer or sale.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Correct it does not have to be registered (certificate of possession) so long as it was manufactured prior to 9/13/94. Out of curiosity why did you think they, "prebans", had to be registered? The state law has long (since roughly 2001) been clear on this issue:

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements. Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a of the general statutes, revision of 1958, revised to January 1, 2013, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.

Edit to add: Note that when people here say "registered" they generally are referring to the 'certificate of possession' (Assault Weapon Certificate Application - DPS-414) one has to obtain for so called assault weapons manufactured after 9/13/94. The DPS-3-C form is a separate form that gets submitted to the state for every single firearm transfer or sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit to add: Note that when people here say "registered" they generally are referring to the 'certificate of possession' (Assault Weapon Certificate Application - DPS-414) one has to obtain for so called assault weapons manufactured after 9/13/94. The DPS-3-C form is a separate form that gets submitted to the state for every single firearm transfer or sale.

I just didn't know is all.  Thanx for the detailed info.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just didn't know is all.  Thanx for the detailed info.
View Quote

Keep in mind that while a "preban" doesn't have to be registered and can be bought/sold/transferred the law still treats it as a so called assault weapon in all other respects. This means your limited to the few locations where the preban can be lawfully possessed in this state, and there are guidelines for how preban can be legally transported within this state.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I know a guy who registered an AR 22 conversion bolt as an AW.....  It got approved hahah

This shits such a fucking joke.  I don't even have any of my AW papers back yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#37]
So, I got my call back.....
Short answer, can't register threaded barrels.  

Long answer, lady says people upstairs said you can't register a barrel, has to be a receiver. I mention the section of the law and read it to her. She says previous people that got barrels approved were not supposed to. They slipped through. But, just because you got a barrel registered, doesn't mean you can drop it in your pistol if the pistol itself isn't registerd. You would be making an AW. And that's a no no.

So, she goes on to tell me my options. Come down and register my 2 pistols as AWs. Or she returns the threaded barrel forms, not approved, and I get rid of my barrels. I ask if I did register my pistols, could I carry them with a regular non-threaded barrel. Her answer..no. Kinda knew that anyway.

So I tell her there's no way I'm gonna register my 2 pistols. If I did I cant carry them, I'd have to buy 2 new pistols. I ask her about option 3, if I buy 2 preban pistols for my barrels. Then I don't have to register those. She got my point and understood why I would go that route and why I want to register just the barrels.

This whole thing is a waste of time and money. I hate this state and wish I could just up and leave.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Long answer, lady says people upstairs said you can't register a barrel, has to be a receiver. I mention the section of the law and read it to her. She says previous people that got barrels approved were not supposed to. They slipped through. But, just because you got a barrel registered, doesn't mean you can drop it in your pistol if the pistol itself isn't registerd. You would be making an AW. And that's a no no.

So, she goes on to tell me my options. Come down and register my 2 pistols as AWs. Or she returns the threaded barrel forms, not approved, and I get rid of my barrels. I ask if I did register my pistols, could I carry them with a regular non-threaded barrel. Her answer..no. Kinda knew that anyway.

So I tell her there's no way I'm gonna register my 2 pistols. If I did I cant carry them, I'd have to buy 2 new pistols. I ask her about option 3, if I buy 2 preban pistols for my barrels. Then I don't have to register those. She got my point and understood why I would go that route and why I want to register just the barrels.

This whole thing is a waste of time and money. I hate this state and wish I could just up and leave.
View Quote

I bet if you call back tomorrow, you'll get a different answer
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh, forgot this part.
She said I could get my lawyer involved and see where it goes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha this is what I think too

but cmon jeff you know you want to just buy two "new" preban pistols
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#42]
When I was called in January the detective also told me if I registered the pistol I would still be able to carry it if it is not in AW configuration. Weird that they told you the opposite.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When I was called in January the detective also told me if I registered the pistol I would still be able to carry it if it is not in AW configuration. Weird that they told you the opposite.
View Quote

The law is so bad even the ones who enforce it are confused. One day if someone gets busted on this AW law, it will go to the courts to weed out the mess and rule one way or another.

Our law makers are AWESOME!

Hey Danny boy, check out the poll numbers, your time screwing things up in CT are coming to an end.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even though it may not meet the technical definition of being an AW once the threaded barrel is removed, it would still be registered with the state as an AW. Not sure I'd want to trust the LEO to know the minutia of the law if I was stopped carrying such a handgun. If they ran the gun saw it was an AW they may simply arrest you and let a couple of lawyers figure it out for you at a later time. Don't know who would want to be a test case for that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Even though it may not meet the technical definition of being an AW once the threaded barrel is removed, it would still be registered with the state as an AW. Not sure I'd want to trust the LEO to know the minutia of the law if I was stopped carrying such a handgun. If they ran the gun saw it was an AW they may simply arrest you and let a couple of lawyers figure it out for you at a later time. Don't know who would want to be a test case for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably better just to get rid of those evil and deadly assault weapons then- play it safe and enjoy your BB guns:)
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Just join the horse guard
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's exactly the problem with having to register a pistol as an AW and not being able to simply register the parts to convert it into an AW...as the law specifies you can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly the problem with having to register a pistol as an AW and not being able to simply register the parts to convert it into an AW...as the law specifies you can.

Yep. The stupid lowering of the feature count to one caused several here to scramble to find a way around it for their handguns.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep. The stupid lowering of the feature count to one caused several here to scramble to find a way around it for their handguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I'll be shopping for preban pistols I guess. Oh well, hopefully malloy gets his ass handed to him in November. And down the road things change....for the better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Just received my AW certs today, I registered 3 threaded bbls and they were approved. One thing I think I did different was I had that guy in New Britain engrave serial numbers on them. That could be why they were approved, or overlooked.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top