Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:20:15 PM EDT
...at Outdoor Emporium, & who should stroll out the front door as I'm heading in, but the WA State un-governor heritself, w/ a State Trroper holding an umbrella. I asked my wife (who walked in just ahead of me), & she affirmed. She said a few people up at the front were openly speaking out loud they'd cast an "independant" vote as she entered. I asked the guy at the counter, & he said it was about something to do w/ promoting sport fishing, fishery conservation, blah, blah, blah. Could've also been trying to skim free parking for the Mariners game that was starting up.

A troubling pattern seems to be emerging: 2 years ago, boarding a flight to Alaska, then Gov. Locke walked past as I was getting on the same plane he'd just departed from.

Why are these people following me?

On a brigther note, I didn't realize until today that there's no WA State sales tax on safes, in order to encourage people to buy & use them. Something sensible for once.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:20:12 AM EDT
So she IS real then? It is always odd to see someone IRL that you have seen in the media or on TV. I hope for your sake your tin foil is extra tight!

My mom had an antique shop for years and I would go have coffey with her now and then and who strolls in one day but Linda Evans. She was seriously un hot which really sucked. I felt cheated. Then my mom went on to tell me she was one of those Ramtha kooks that was into channeling mall ninjas. What a let down.

So which safe did you get? I will be looking here in a few months as mine seems to be shrinking. The no sales tax thing does rule.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:21:48 AM EDT
So why are we not reading about the run away forklift that dropped a safe on the criminal whore ?

The moment of enlightenment is when a person's dreams of possibilities become images of probabilities.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:31:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:
So why are we not reading about the run away forklift that dropped a safe on the criminal whore ?

+1

-Rob
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:09:07 PM EDT
Because the state trooper had a safe proof umbrella? It could happen!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:42:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 7:42:22 PM EDT by Master_Blaster]

Originally Posted By YOPD:
Because the state trooper had a safe proof umbrella? It could happen!

He, he. That umbrella was pretty large. Yeah, well, I did have my CPL on board...

You know, she looked about 5'2". She was so close I could've reached out & shook her to be-gee-whiz-us. Maybe next time. At least I'm getting a nice safe in a month. Remember boyz 'n grrrlz - no state tax on safes in WA State.

Turns out, I got the safe - a TL5672 (4.67' W x 6' H) - ~$800.00 below mfg listed retail - the biggest free-standing safe Heritage makes, & I've spent a fair amount of time investigating the price-quality ratio. Turns out, the guys @ gunblast compared mfg safes @ SHOT Show & chose Heritage as their pic for best buy.

The boys @ Outdoor Emporium have been good to me, but then I am paying out almost 30 bills.
Top Top