Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 11:21:14 PM EDT
I will be receiving one from a private party in CA. I have the list of Vulcan dealers and narrowed it down to a few local ones which I plan on calling tomorrow to see if they will do the transfer for a reasonable price. But just in case they want to gouge me some ridiculous fee, are there any FFL's you know of with reasonable prices and workers who know what the hell a Vulcan is?

I'm sick of "those are illegal", "that's an assault weapon", "i'm sure it's banned".... ETC. And that was for a yugo SKS! You work in a gun store for goodness sake! Why do your customers know more about your products than you??
[/rant]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I am fairly positive that FFLs can't charge over a certain price, and I think that was something like $10 per gun ontop of the normal DROS fees. I am sure they will try to dick you around someway and try to sneak charges in, but I am pretty sure they are not allowed to do it because of regulations the ATF has established.

As for dealers, none come to mind. I remember someone posting on here that Turners did it for them, though I am not sure how well that will work since, as everyone here knows, they are the shooting communities McDonalds and I am sure every single one of their employees has an idea of what they "know" are the laws.

Good luck getting it, can't wait to shoot it when we go out again (I should have an o/u in .410 and possibly a Glock in 10mm by then)!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I know at least for the Turners I go to, they don't deal with shipping firearms, they only to transfers where two people go there. True they can't overcharge for the DROS fees, but they can charge whatever they want for their "convenience" fee if that's what you want to call it. I had one shop near me offer to do a transfer for the low low price of $80 once.

Wow I think next time we go shooting we'll have every caliber in existance!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the dumb sh*ts that run the gun shop in my town said they think the Vulcans are illegal. himhair.gif
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]
How far are you from Westminster? If you're close, PM me and I'll get you my buddies contact info.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
i think ade's gun shop (7147443373) will do the transfer for $75 out the door.

insightrange.com (91&605 freeways) does transfers for $65 out the door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top