Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/21/2005 8:51:50 AM EDT
Ok, Guy and Gals, the range is reserved on 9/17/05 for TAC 1A and 1B...

Remeber only bring Kal kosher toys, no steel core ammo and no steel reactive targets!

Only bio-degradable targets are allowed.  And always clean up after yourself...

REMEMBER the 4 rules for shooting!

Range time starts at 9:00am.. Newbies and Range Master please show up 8:45am for orientation.

Pay at the range office and tell them you are with the Arfcom group shoot...

Anyone has shades, please bring them... It gets toasty up there...

Please post here if we want to have a pot luck  

Seeya all there

Paul, please pin this.  Thanks...

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
DrFrige and DFD WILL be present at this function. We will also provide beverages... the usual, coke, Diet Coke, Water, Pepsi... any other soda requests?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
with walmart permission,

Rule 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.

The only exception to this occurs when you have a firearm in your hands and you have personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as you put it down, Rule 1 applies again

Rule 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY.

You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

Rule 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.

This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

Rule 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.

You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.

i'll bring shade if a make it....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Meat... Too lazy to type all the rules out  

So DrFrige, got JOLT?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So DrFrige, got JOLT?  

THAT much caffeine?? AND firearms???
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So DrFrige, got JOLT?  

Should make for some interesting shot groups with everyone shaking like a leaf....

Then again.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So DrFrige, got JOLT?  

Should make for some interesting shot groups with everyone shaking like a leaf....

Then again.......

Actually I am counting on it to improve my group  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good...should be able to make this one.

So what skills will you Delta Force Trained Commando's be teaching on one of the ranges?

Carbine Work?  Pistol Drills?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So what skills will you Delta Force Trained Commando's be teaching on one of the ranges?

I was hoping the guys who to the carbine last weekend would share what they'd learned.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I do believe he's talking about steel core ammo, not sure about steel plates
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was there last Sunday they wouldn't allow any steel targets on the range, they said because it's fire season. During winter they said no problem.

I'll try to make it out to this one. I'll probably have to work that day, but how long do you guys stay? If it's an all day thing I'll try to make it out after work.

RF
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When I was there last Sunday they wouldn't allow any steel targets on the range, they said because it's fire season. During winter they said no problem.

I'll try to make it out to this one. I'll probably have to work that day, but how long do you guys stay? If it's an all day thing I'll try to make it out after work.

RF

Generally between 9:00am to 4:00pm.  Most people leave about 3 or so.

Good news is I bought shade... Bad news is that it is Big5 special.  Not sure on quality.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was hoping the guys who to the carbine last weekend would share what they'd learned.....

A few key points:

Shooting prone.  Rifle, body, cheek position.  Most solid form for best group result.

Transition from high ready to knee, to prone.

Mag transition, insert, lock, and pull.  Use of charging handle instead of bolt release.

Mag transition while in firing position.

Automatically adjust point of impact based on distance to target.

Side, diagonal movement, shoot on the move.

Catching hot brass in your shirt for burn marks to show off to your friends.

Anyone feel free to jump in if I missed anything.  There were so much we gone over, I don't think I remember everything.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there.  Rapidfire, hope you can make it.  Be sure to introduce yourself, once we know you and know you to be a like minded safe and mature firearm enthusiast, we'll invite you to the group
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#17]
hmmm, who are you and why are some folks dying to see you there?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#18]
hmmmm, this i would like to see. paul and 4x showing up.

interesting...

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:53:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'll be there.  Rapidfire, hope you can make it.  Be sure to introduce yourself, once we know you and know you to be a like minded safe and mature firearm enthusiast, we'll invite you to the group hr

Got it! I should be able to make the grade....crossing fingers
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there.  Rapidfire, hope you can make it.  Be sure to introduce yourself, once we know you and know you to be a like minded safe and mature firearm enthusiast, we'll invite you to the group

Got it! I should be able to make the grade....crossing fingers

rf , like duffy said we, just want to get to know ya and make sure you sure  you're not a 5150 case.
we are by no means trying to be dicks... see at you burro.

meat
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#21]
If I can make it and I bring target frames will you guys PROMISE not to destroy them?  I had some of those frames for close to 20 years and they lasted what 3 shoots?

I was able to salvage a few of the brackets.  

And I still haven't been able to get the fire extinguisher recharged.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If I can make it and I bring target frames will you guys PROMISE not to destroy them?  I had some of those frames for close to 20 years and they lasted what 3 shoots?

I was able to salvage a few of the brackets.  

And I still haven't been able to get the fire extinguisher recharged.

You see Pa... I CAN promise because I can:

1. RESPECT the hard workmanship and other people's property.
2. I can HIT my target... not the stands

Unlike other (Pang1179) members that go (Pang1179) to Burro Canyon. But some people (Pang1179) just cant aim or hit anything (Pang1179) I dont wanna mention (Pang1179) any names because I dont want to (Pang1179) single out anyone.

How you even managed to let them last 3 shoots is WAYYYY beyond me.. I have had stands last as MUCH as 2 shoots and as little as 1/2 a shoot,
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Hopefully i can make this month's last one i was unable to. Also i need to take the time to sight in my FAL so what better than during the burro shoot .
Hopefully i'll c u guys there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#24]
i am gonna try..

on steel stuff

they made me stop shooting my steel 72 scuba tank.  the USFS considers that trash and would fine them if they saw me shooting it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#25]
i will probably see all of you guys there.  be safe and have fun

Rule 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
The only exception to this occurs when you have a firearm in your hands and you have personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as you put it down, Rule 1 applies again
Rule 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY.
You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

Rule 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.
This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

Rule 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#26]
ya'll gonna have to do this one without me ... cant make this month's shoot either.
have fun and be safe kiddies

meat
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
ya'll gonna have to do this one without me ... cant make this month's shoot either.
have fun and be safe kiddies

meat

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

interesting...

Very
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

interesting...

Very

I'll be there

I just have to find the perfect outfit
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#30]
It'll be hot, so don't bother dressing up for us because the sweat and heat will make short work of makeup and hair
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll be bringing along a new member to the family!
My Baby!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#32]
dang, ya need to get rid of that awful SAW stock that gives you a chinweld but no cheekweld
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Posted by: Duffy-dang, ya need to get rid of that awful SAW stock that gives you a chinweld but no cheekweld

Tell me about it i took it out for the first time today that thing F**8s up your neck! I don't know what's the deal wityh that? I'm shooping for something more comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It'll be hot, so don't bother dressing up for us because the sweat and heat will make short work of makeup and hair

I was thinking pink camo....no?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#35]
The M249 SAW style grip does have its merits, therefore it's worth getting.  The FAL's grip angle is so steep it places stress on your firing hand's wrist after 20 minutes or so.  The SAW style stock is a joke, not only is it no better than a factory FAL stock, it's actually much WORSE!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.soldiercity.com/images/products/reg/WMN54026.JPG

someone take pics of 4x and paul, this way i can see for myself that they were really there.

take lots of pics peeps and post please...

meat
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#37]
almost forgot,

hey guys and gals. i have a friend that will be showing up in sept. name is pham.
please take care of him for me will ya? he is a first timer to burro, so show him the ropes por favor??

thanks in advance.

meat
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone take pics of 4x and paul, this way i can see for myself that they were really there.

meat

pics????

Ummm.....Maybe I'll wear one of these instead:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

pics????

rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=burka+woman/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/SIG=12satiq9b/EXP=1125629362/*-http%3A//www.nca.no/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/3947-410x350.jpg

you young lady are a funny girl, damn shame i wont be able to make the sept or oct shoot either.

so i'll start off by saying that ,

any member of burro arfcom please make sure after sept shoot, set up oct shoot. please...
i'd like to see the burro monthly shoots going. and thanks to all that have contributed to the burro shoots.  espescially our RO'S. they have taken their time from shooting to keep our shoots safe and well regulated. (mall-ninja especially) kudo's to you sir.

walmart thanks for setting up the last two months shoots.

bt the way officially sept. will be our 1ST ANNIVERSARY.

in the last year i have met the most wonderful and kind people from all walks of life. and for that i am truly a blessed man.  TAKE PICS AND POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

in the last year i have met the most wonderful and kind people from all walks of life. and for that i am truly a blessed man.  TAKE PICS AND POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meat

Are you getting soft on us??!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:02:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm hoping I don't have to work on that day.. no idea yet tho

Quoted:
DrFrige and DFD WILL be present at this function. We will also provide beverages... the usual, coke, Diet Coke, Water, Pepsi... any other soda requests?

Cappuccino with the foamed milk! and thai iced tea
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

pics????

rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=burka+woman/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/SIG=12satiq9b/EXP=1125629362/*-http%3A//www.nca.no/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/3947-410x350.jpg

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

Did you get my IM ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

yes ninja man, it happens with old age. first the vsion,then the memory. then ya start getting soft.

skammy who were you trying to IM???

meat
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#46]
i can sign in one arfcom member into burro canyon for free, but if my cousin decides to show up. then you  gotta pay the $15 bucks to get in the range we are shooting at.
triple b
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Well I won't be back quite yet so I will miss this one. I am expected to be back out of uniform by the end of Sept. I will definately try and make the October shoot. Wow it has been a year already since the original bunch (me included )started doing this thing. See you all at the next one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#48]
So I take it you didn't get sent to NO?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be in SoPRK on Sun/Mon/Tuesday, so this one's a pass.   Duffy or Meat up for anything on those days- Shooting or TacShopping?      
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

yes ninja man, it happens with old age. first the vsion,then the memory. then ya start getting soft.

skammy who were you trying to IM???

meat

Mall-Ninja was asking for advice on some targets... was thinking about buying some pop-up targets from Sarco but they are $125+40 for shipping

Group buy on a couple for Burro / Scar15 ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top