Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 9:39:27 AM EDT
It's snowing at my place in Lancaster, about 2" so far and still coming down. The Antelope Valley and the high desert are white.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah here in palmdale its bad. snow is great but many of the ppl that live here never went through the winter snows of 2000 and the 90's. ive seen alot of wrecked front ends and ppl are driving way too fast-especially out in areas around antelope acres. they cancelled AVC today so that was cool. its great seeing snow again tho.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
LA here..would be nice to drive out into the Mojave desert and so some shooting in the snow:-)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Here in the San Gabriel Valley, 10 miles east of Los Angeles, near the base of the San Gabriel Mtns, 605 & 210 Frwys, its raining pretty steady all day, not a huge deluge, but steady.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pic's???

Paul,

You are WAY too into this whole weather thing.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Snowing here in Renton, WA too!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:23:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is some pics from tuesday when I went bobcat hunting up in Mendocino county

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey pieeater,

Bobcat hunting is something that's always intrigued me.

I've read that they are pretty damn elusive though. Doesn't your atv scare them off? Or do you just ride it up part way, and then hike in the rest?

Do you scout for them prior to a hunt? or just go out and get lucky?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey pieeater,

Bobcat hunting is something that's always intrigued me.

I've read that they are pretty damn elusive though. Doesn't your atv scare them off? Or do you just ride it up part way, and then hike in the rest?

Do you scout for them prior to a hunt? or just go out and get lucky?

Yes they are  elusive. We were hunting them with hounds we  drive the ATVs until we find a fresh track and then turn the dogs loose. I dont realy scout them , they seem to hang out in the same areas year after year.On that trip the dogs ran one up the mountain the atvs got stuck in the snow so we hiked the rest of the way about 2 hrs staight up, by the time we got up there the cat had sliped away.The atvs can scare them away but atvs are a big part of ranch life so a lot of animals get used to the sound.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Bay Area - nothing but rain.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=34098

If you look closely you'll see my wife out in that down pour cooking my New York steak dinner. It was coming down cats and dogs for the entire time she was out there cooking. When she was done the rain slowed to the normal steady rain.

I can see your kindness in this photo, the umbrella is very considerate
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=34098

If you look closely you'll see my wife out in that down pour cooking my New York steak dinner. It was coming down cats and dogs for the entire time she was out there cooking. When she was done the rain slowed to the normal steady rain.

I thought I was the only one that BBQd in the winter.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top