Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 12:28:09 PM EST
Anybody know anything about this range? I'm looking for a place to shoot (I live in Covington) and happened upon this one.

Any info?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:04:17 PM EST
I've been a member off and on. Its a good place to shoot. There are 25yd, 50yd, 100yd and 200yd range (its your selection where to place your target stand). Good pistol range, too. You're your own range master if nobody else is there. If others are there somebody will volunter to be the range master. There are no mag limits, and you can shoot any caliber up to .50 (and thats only because they lack a sufficient back stop for the .50). The benches are covered, and target stands are available.

There is some cost, of course. IIRC, there is a $100 one time fee. Then its something like $50 a year. I'm not sure now, but that information is on their website.

There are several regular shooting groups, too: action pistol, cowboy, CMP Hi-power, black powder, etc. The calender on the website has the schedules.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:28:59 AM EST
member here...well kinda :)

Its a good range, about 15 min from my house...

200 range, and mostly empty...

I always shoot there, and bring the GF...most of the OG's (Old Guys) tend to get a kick out of her shooting the 7.62x54R stuff ;)
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:41:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By tarrigoni:
Anybody know anything about this range? I'm looking for a place to shoot (I live in Covington) and

You are much closer to the Ravensdale or Black Diamond gun clubs. I need to look into those myself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:47:08 AM EST
You just missed the annual picnic (august) but are in time for the holiday dinner : )
Top Top