Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2017 2:08:50 AM EDT
Mill Creek Rifle Club in Desoto, Kansas (between Lawrence & KC) will once again host Snipergeddon ‘17 on November 19th 2017.

Here's a map to the range.

For more info than is in this post contact match director Witek Busse at witekgb"at"gmail.com
I’m a competitor posting this to get the word out but am not involved in running it.

Registration starts at 7:00 a.m. A safety briefing will be held at 8:00 a.m. Shooting starts at 8:30 a.m. The entrance fee is $35 per shooter. Register and pay cash on site the morning of the event.

The rules are simple – shoot a 24” gong from 300 to 1500 yards until you miss.

For 300 and 500 yards you’re allowed up to 3 shots to make a hit. From 600 yards to 1500 yards (100 yard increments) you’re allowed up to 5 shots per distance to make a hit. Once you make a hit you stop and move to the next distance. If you fail to get a hit in the allowed number of shots you are done.

The most rounds you’ll fire if you use up every possible shot to make hits is 54 rounds.

Shooting will occur from portable shooting platforms (trailers). Unless given a waver for health reasons, each shooter will shoot from the prone position (bipods are allowed). There is a one minute time limit per shot. The clock starts when the range officer calls the competitor’s name. Shooting is done in flights of several shooters in a round robin fashion.

Like last year we will have three categories:
· 223 Remington
· 30 Cal non-magnum cartridges (30-06 or less). No wildcat cartridges allowed
· Open: Any safe caliber.

Besides caliber categories, there are no limits on the equipment - as long as it is safe. Each gong will have two redundant hit indicators (RF and wired). A hit is registered if either or both hit indicators register a hit.

Top three shooters in each category will get an award. Every competitor who hits the gong at 600, 1000, 1200 or 1500 yards will be awarded achievement patches.

On November 18th Mill Creek Rifle Club will host a 500 yard F-Class competition. Everyone is welcome to shoot on the 18th to get a good 500 yard zero.

Mill Creek Rifle Club’s address is: 7215 Gardner Road, DeSoto KS.
If the adjacent farmer’s field is wet we will have to cancel or reschedule the competition.

For more info contact match director Witek Busse at witekgb"at"gmail.com

We will start setting up after the f-class match on Saturday around 1:00pm. Please come and help us setup!

Here are some pictures from last year's event.

500 yard firing line
Attachment Attached File

700 yard firing line
Attachment Attached File

900 yards from the target
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 3:39:28 AM EDT
Dang; wish I had seen this sooner.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 11:48:03 PM EDT
It was announced on the Kansas Precision Rifle Club Facebook page and the KSCCW forum and the Mill Creek Rifle Club’s website. Got over 100 shooters so it was pretty crazy.

The date has bounced around from mid to end of November. You might email the promoter and ask to be notified next year.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:23:32 PM EDT
I will definitely keep an eye out for this next year. Never shot a competition but shoot out to 800-1200 here on my land just for fun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:13:13 PM EDT
Sounds like you'd do fine then.

Besides being able to shoot straight knowing your dope is the big help at this. Spotting is almost impossible because the targets are 8 feet off the ground and 20 feet in front of a brush covered berm so no splash or tells when you miss.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:51:52 PM EDT
Figuring the dope is where my kestrel comes in handy.
Top Top