Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2003 11:35:22 AM EDT
Being unemployed and moving away from Columbia and all has given me a chance to sit back and take stock of my life.  I want to thank the Missouri crew (or militia, or whatever they want to call us this week) for being a big part of why I'm so happy right now.  I flunked the bar exam, I owe a crapload of money, I have no job, yet I'm the happiest I've been in years, possibly my entire life.  I've no money to speak of but I'm a rich man.  A guy is lucky to find friends like you all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Duke, I for one feel the same way as you...

You were the first person I met off of AR15.com - Missouri, and you made me feel very welcome...
having just moved here from Dallas...

I take it the town you live in doesn't have a Domino's Pizza, because you can make big bucks delivering Pizza Pies...
I used to average $2.50 a pie in tips in Dallas...

Seriously, have you found anything locally that might generate some subsistence???

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Moving!!!! Where? No don't leave us.[>Q]

I feel your pain man, Been there. If you move near the Springfield area let me know and I will try to help you if I can.hole

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
snif .. snif .. this is why I dont feel like moving to Florida ... have a job offer waiting for me if I can finish up my degree by December ... but it is in Gainsville FL !!  snif ... snif ... I dont know how I will do with my good friends like Duke, rmdye, chris and howlin being so far away ....  anyone in MO who needs to employ a PhD in computer engineering pls let me know ...
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Duke, I have only met you once (the last MoDCC shoot), but you seem like a good guy.

I also enjoyed meeting other members there as well. Everyone seems to be very nice, and I am looking foward to more MoDCC matches/get togethers to get to know people even better.

Alas, I am down here in huntin' country, and AR-ers are few and far between. It seems worth the 4 hour trip up to Columbia to be with defensive-minded folk...
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Duke, we love you too... In a manly way that is, umm... you know what I mean.
I am glad I know ya dude, you definitely add interest in our get togethers and you are the only shyster... mouthpiece... lawyer I have any respect for.
If you need any help let me know, I can't do much but I can at least help a little.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Mousegun87,

Are you a software guy or a hardware guy?  If software IM me especially if know anything about workflow, pub/sub, and java jms.  I might know of something.

==============================================
Duke - you're a lucky guy.  Got a pretty girl, house in the country, digital camera, and time to clean your guns.  Enjoy it while it lasts!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
MissouriBob,

I am mostly software, my experience is R&D in computational intelligence (fuzzy logic, neural networks, pattern recognition, data clustering, image recognition things like that) ... not the usual computer stuff.  Now I understand why it is much easier to get a job with a BS degree than it is with a PhD degree.  Unless, I am willing to move to Silicon Valley .... NOT!

Thanks Bob

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
MissouriBob,

I am mostly software, my experience is R&D in computational intelligence (fuzzy logic, neural networks, pattern recognition, data clustering, image recognition things like that) ... not the usual computer stuff.  Now I understand why it is much easier to get a job with a BS degree than it is with a PhD degree.  Unless, I am willing to move to Silicon Valley .... NOT!

Thanks Bob

Have you tried Garmin(of GPS fame)in Lenexa KS?
They are always hireing hardware/lowlevel/embedded type programers for all their gps stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:51:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Bano, didn't know Garmin is in Lenexa ... will give it a shot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
MissouriBob,

Thanks Bob

Well, if you decide to want to give a try to the more mundane and less cool things let me know.  The shop I work in does distributed computing, service oriented access, J2EE container based computing, code generation, and distributed software management for a 10,000,000 transaction a day environment.  We are always looking for top end folks.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Bob,

thank you.  I will include you in my list.  I am not picky in what job I will take.  Thanks again.

oz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top